Author Topic: RUMORS FOR 2004!!!!!!  (Read 34429 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: RUMORS FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2003, 11:49 PM »
Hey I'm up for it, what does my future hold :-*

Oh look, there's a box.  What that name on it?

P_A_N_D_O.....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 09:47 AM »
I really hope these rumors pan out. I hope that Hasbro eventually revisits every vintage figure in the line.  With these possible figs, it looks like we can chalk up all of the New Hope and Empire figs from the vintage line.  Leaving just a few from the Jedi line. Some may pick out certain figs as unmade yet (DS Droid, Hoth Commander, Bespin Guard w/moustache, etc)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 10:11 AM »
I am pretty happy with the list.   I may jump back into modern collecting big time if those turn out to be nice-  
 I can't wait for the new ships and pilots as they are my biggest purchasing weakness.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 11:21 AM »
All these fig choices sound great, and with the wonderful neutral sculpts were getting  2004 should be a banner year for SW collecting.  However, who is Banniss Keeg?  I actually had to look in the SW.com Database, and he wasn't there.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2003, 11:24 AM »
Banniss Keeg is the other Duro

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Hey Mike!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2003, 01:42 PM »
Oh Sweet.!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2003, 07:02 PM »
Playet eh?They did take alot of pics of the federation cruiser according to hyperspace...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2003, 03:33 PM »
Hope this doesn't cause any problems, but there is more news up over at Galactic Hunter from the swami...including news of the return of the vintage Burger King glasses!....click on over to check it out!

More 2004 News
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 03:34 PM by mosnab »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2003, 03:52 PM »
I've kinda wanted a set of SW glasses for my place.  The one guy from the Pittsburgh SWC group I'm sure is gonna have those as his main drinking glasses, haha. :)  

The wave with Gold leader looks like a good one.  I hope the Han Endor is really something special though.  That last one from Saga was a real disappointment and I've been wanting one either with a coat molded on or a removeable (good) cloth coat for a while.

Good heads up mosnab, especially the fun news on those glasses for those into the odder collectibles.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2003, 04:04 PM »
The wave with Gold leader looks like a good one.  I hope the Han Endor is really something special though.  That last one from Saga was a real disappointment and I've been wanting one either with a coat molded on or a removeable (good) cloth coat for a while.

That's something I'm really looking forward to as well.  I know many people greatly dislike main characters, or resculpts, but I've really been wanting a very well done Han Endor for awhile now.  The 2002 Saga version didn't cut it for me either personally, and I want one with the coat included.  That was my favorite vintage figure growing up, I'd like to see it done the way it should be for Saga 2004.  Hope it turns out!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2003, 04:31 PM »
This is what I mentioned over at GH about the glasses:

Can't say that I'm too thrilled about a re-release of the Vintage Burger King glasses really... Sure, it's a great and very nostalgic set that many people would probably love to get, but it's just one of those vintage collectibles that should be left alone so that it's place in the hobby isn't altered at all... A re-release of all of them just takes away from the magic and joy of tracking down a nice set of the REAL glasses (and this has NOTHING to do with their "value")...

That was a tough, but enjoyable, challenge replacing all my old glasses that I had as a kid, but I'm so glad that I did since these are some of my all-time favorite items in my collection.  So to see them just randomly lying about on the Target shelves in the future will likely somewhat diminish the great feelings I have when I look at my Vintage set on my shelf... Oh well, I guess I'll live.

So I wonder if they'll be putting the same respective figure in the glass, that appears on the glass itself? I guess that would be most logical.  Almost fits with their HOF figure list, aside from the PT characters...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2003, 04:51 PM »
I was kind of curious about that as well JediMAC, putting the figure inside the glass...that was on the glass.  I wasn't sure how to feel about the possibly re-release of these glasses either.  On one hand, I had some when I was a kid, but they aren't in the best shape now after years of going through the dishwasher courtesy of my parents...but you didn't think of that back then.  I have actually been looking over ebay the past month or so hoping to pick up the sets little by little.  I can't decide now if I want to keep doing that, or wait and get the "re-releases" at Target if this comes true.  It would be nice to have the originals, but if they are going to be exactly the same, and cost less...I suppose I might go with the Target versions.  It is hard to know what to do, I'm with you, this was always one of my favorite collectibles from Star Wars, and it would be nice to have them all on display.  Hopefully we will find some more details soon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2003, 12:06 PM »

Scum confirms GH report about some exclusives

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=45546

All of which I will be passing on with the exception of the Red Leader

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 2, 2003, 03:46 PM »
Oh my Lord.  I am sorry to say this but the Han Solo from the Jabba set looks like crappity crap crap crap.  Maybe it's just my mood today but yuck-o-rama.  That's got to be the saddest Han Solo ever IMO.  

Sorry had to vent there.