Author Topic: Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« on: January 8, 2003, 09:28 AM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2003, 09:29 AM »
I like Han but his coat color is all wrong

Chewie is another Chewie and one we didn't need, I'll probably get it though :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2003, 03:19 PM »
First I like the basic look of the Han, color is wrong and the pose wouldn't be to bad if it was articulated. The face is off. I was waiting for a good Hoth Han looks like we need to wait a little longer if it has the action feature.  WTF is wrong with Hasbro???

The Chewy. His eyes look strange. It is another one. I am glad I shifted gears a little and got away from the I must havbe every thing mode. Now I can pass a few up and be glad I did
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2003, 06:16 PM »
I'm unhappy with both, but I wasn't wanting another Chewie anyway... it's the Han I'm all disturbed about... As good as Bespin Luke looks as far as likeness goes, I'm amazed Hasbro can still put put a Han together that doesnt look a bit like Han, that tells you something... they're lazy. We haven't had a decent Han since POTJ, that also tells you something.

Jacket should be brown, but I don't really care as if it was brown the pose still ruins the figure.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 03:28 AM »
I really have mixed feelings on these two.  I'm always happy to get any new Original Trilogy figures, since that's where my heart really lies.  Obviously brand new, never before made figures would top my list, but I'm good for some main character rehashes as well, if I must...

I realize Han's coat color is "a bit" off the mark here.  But at least he's got his hood up this time, and a couple decent accessories to boot.  I could definitely do without the lame "action stance" (why Hasbro?), and the inclusion of a "lightsaber slashing" action feature is absolutely beyond bizarre here (again, why Hasbro?!).  But all in all, the figure's not too bad.  I can probably splash a coat of more accurate paint color on Han's jacket.  Nice that they gave him the locator accessory that originally came with K-3PO, since it was Han's after all.  The added goggles and mask is pretty cool as well - especially considering that they're removable.  I don't even mind the lightsaber that much, as long as Hasbro puts out another Tauntaun soon with split-belly action feature (the only action feature that I'd ever actually want).

The Mynock blasting Chewie's pretty nice.  Looks like a good amount of articulation (though I'm not sure what the left knee only articulation is for).  The shooting feature of the gun will likely be cool for the kids, but I'm glad to see Hasbro include the other part of the gun with the scope to put in the place of the blaster effect, if that's not your preferred method of display.  The gas mask and Mynock are nice additions as well.  I do think Chewie looks a little too hairy around the neck area though.

All in all, not too bad, but still room for improvement (as is often the case with Hasbro).  Now start pumping out some new OT background characters and I'll be one happy dude!  Here's hoping that the new Snowtrooper is along the lines of the Commtech Stormtrooper!  Should be some pix of this cool cat hitting the net pretty soon...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 09:02 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 04:48 AM »
I have mixed feeling on these ones. It doesn't even look like Han, hence the removable mask & the gun looks like it doesn't fit his hand & whats with Chewy? Looks like the fur on his body is drooping. I wonder what the other side of the Mynock looks like? Just more rehashes IMO.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2003, 06:00 PM »
nise saber :)

Offline vaderhater22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2003, 06:33 PM »
I think the Han looks like he has a unibrow.   Chewie looks like he is soaking wet.  And the saber with Han would be cool if we are getting a fetal Luke and a tauntaun somewhere down the road.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.
-The Jedi Code-

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 12:16 PM »
'nuff said

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Congratulations Scott!  You're practically famous!  Sounds like Hasbro's been reading all of your threads, and based on those alone, have decided to produce both coat colors!  This is absolutely mind-bogglingly awesome!  Hasbro DOES listen, and Hasbro DOES read through the forums.

As the main proponent for the brown color, and the # 1 instigator in the whole color debate, when Hasbro says they want "world peace", what they're really saying is that they want OCB and his friends to be HAPPY!  I think that this may be the single most cool things Hasbro has ever done for "the collectors", even better than the Jedi Luke announcement a couple weeks ago.

I'm guessing ICMG can't be too far behind!  Way to go Scott, you deserve it, and the rest of us are most appreciative for your hard fought battles, now that you've won the war!   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 12:30 PM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 03:03 PM »
The Official Site at StarWars.com now has some coverage on this topic as well.  Check it out here:
http://starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/news20030312.html

...and here's Hasbro's coverage again:
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=110

I've got to get a framed picture of that Hasbro ad when it finally hits print.  I'll probably want you to sign it as well, Scott!  That's just too classic!  We really DO count!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2003, 05:00 PM »
If Hasbro is listening => Thankyou! I finally feel like Hasbro is actually listening to us... From ridding us of the Action-Features to making 2 Fan-Choices, to making 2 coat variations! Yay!

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 01:13 AM »
This is another really reassuring move, I can't believe they actually did it. After the Jedi Luke move to keep us smiling, they do this. It's above and beyond the call if you ask me. I can't believe I'm saying it, but there's big props from me to the big H this year, and the advert is CLASSIC.

And a special thanks to the vocal forum folks who are making an impact on what we get out of the hobby!

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2003, 01:02 PM »
Hasbro is trying to make everyone happy. Another way for them to get another $5.00 out of each of us.  :) I will be buying one of each color han. Being the completist that I am I consider this to be two different figures.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com