Author Topic: New Carded Pics, FC#4, Vida, Kenobi, Elan, Padme, Bail and Dignitary  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
overlord307 (who else) has pictures up of the next wave of Saga figures

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander)
Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander)
Ayy Vida (Outlander)
Padme (Tatooine)
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Bail Organa
Imperial Dignitary #1
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 09:23 AM by OCB »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New Carded Pics, FC#4, Vida, Kenobi, Elan, Padme, Bail and Dignitary
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 09:25 AM »
I notice he has BIN prices on these.  To me this means these should start appearing anytime now.  I really dig the concept Trooper, although all the figs quality is just getting better by each wave.  Alot of us will have real light wallets in the next year :'(  At the rate Hasbro is cranking out figs, I cant even imagine what the total count for carded figs will be by the end of EPIII.   Easily over the 500 count.    

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 09:28 AM »
JD.com sponsor also has these in stock ready to ship

http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth000596.html

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 09:29 AM »
I'm already hurting in the wallet as it is, not sure if I'll be able to get half of the stuff I'd like to get.  :-[  Actually I'm still missing a lot of figures that are already out (has ANYONE found a Snowtrooper or Coleman @ retail?!)...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 10:15 AM »
It looks like Obi Wan is a little more limited in articulation than I originally thought.  :-\

The rest are outstanding, though!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 10:48 AM »
I might as well just have my paycheck direct deposited to Hasbro!! ;D

All of them look great.  I think I'm just going to go preorder a case, I don't want to end up without the Twilek or Padme.  (This will ensure I find them locally once I order, always happens!!) :-\
Beth

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 11:07 AM »
I know, we are getting about 60 figures each year. That is a alot.  I thought these were gonna be on different cards though.  But oh well, they are still hottt!!! I must say these are some of the hotteset 2003 figures, yet!!!!
I sure can't wait for Entertainment Earth to ship these cases.  But you know what i noticed EE is really slow on shipping out figures now.  The WA-7 wave was pushed up to December 2003, i mean i know they are shipping cases out of that wave cause i recieved mine, but when will the Pre-Order part finnally say "In-Stock".
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2003, 01:30 PM »
I know, we are getting about 60 figures each year. That is a alot.  I thought these were gonna be on different cards though.  But oh well, they are still hottt!!! I must say these are some of the hotteset 2003 figures, yet!!!!
I sure can't wait for Entertainment Earth to ship these cases.  But you know what i noticed EE is really slow on shipping out figures now.  The WA-7 wave was pushed up to December 2003, i mean i know they are shipping cases out of that wave cause i recieved mine, but when will the Pre-Order part finnally say "In-Stock".

The reason it's taking EE longer to ship is because mass retail is finally placing figure orders.  Toys R Us and KayBee are finally ordering new Basic Figures, and their ordering power draws allotments away from online retailers who order in smaller quantities.  So, it might be worth checking your local stores now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 01:41 PM »
yea, i see now.  But the KB Toys never has any good SW toys, never.  So i am out of luck there, but TRU & Wally World, Target are pretty good.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 03:43 PM »
Some definitely great looking figures.  The Concept trooper looks even better than the earlier photos.  He'll make a neat variation.  I'm trying to figure what I'll use his pieces for customizing-wise.  I'm hoping for some kind of walker pilot or something.  The shield's neat for a riot shield too.  :)

The Bail Organa figure is probably one of the better sculpts I've noticed of late.  

The Obi-Wan is ok, but no sabre?  A sabre with removeable blade where the hilt connects to his belt would've been ideal.  I like the Obi sculpt...  not sure on the stance yet.  It's the best Obi-Wan so far it seems, but that lack of a sabre is annoying (unless it's hidden in there?)

Elan looks great.  For such a stupid name, his character and figure came out great.  Working holster w/blaster is a great touch to a figure that never pulled a gun on-screen.  He seems to maybe have some deathsticks included too?  

The Twi'Lek isn't overly interesting considering she's the 4th Hot Twi'Lek we've ever seen/gotten but it's something different I guess.  She will compliment a Lt. Faytonni figure well I think as he puts his mack swerve on her.  (God willing I ever find a Faytonni figure...  I wanna make Republic Military customs!)

The Imperial Dignitary is as good as Organa I think...  A nice "senator" type of figure...  Looks like a decent pose, and the fact another one (maybe 2) are coming out is good news for diorama nuts.  It's a good dull figure for the adult collectors. :)  

Padme Tatooine...  Eh, it's Padme in one of her outfits.  It's welcome but I find the multiple costume changes of Padme to be a bit redundant/unnecessary, and thus her figures are too.  It looks like a sharp sculpt though...  So it's a decent enough figure and it's something new which is good.

Overall this wave looks great...  one of the best waves to come out since April 2002, and it's nice to see things changing finally towards the collectors that stick with the hobby.

Over a year of raw craptastic figures has soured me on the line some, so it's nice to see some solid new figures dominating an entire new wave.  This past year+ has been hell for just terribly executed toys from Hasbro.  Have they learned some valuable lessons?  I really REALLY hope so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 03:52 PM »
They all look pretty good.  And where is Obi Wan's saber?  I'm most excited about him and Bail, along with Padme and the Dignitary.  

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 07:28 PM »
From the pics it looks like Obi has a scultped saber hilt attached to his belt...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2003, 09:17 PM »
So...  About these new figures...   :P

I'm liking that new Concept Stormtrooper qiote a bit more now, and like I said elsewhere, I was originally pretty turned off by the idea of this figure, especially at the expense of a more desired Rebel General, or some other similar background OT character in the Fan's Choice poll. But the more I've thought about it and seen it, the more excited I'm becoming to get several of them! I suppose it's been made easier with some of the other 2004 figure announcements made recently, so I'm no longer holding a grudge toward this SketchTrooper...

Besides, any nod towards the great Mr. McQuarrie is cool in my book. Now that I've warmed to the "concept" idea, I'd love to see some more figures in this line, like Vader, Chewie, the Droids, etc. Hopefully Hasbro will surprise us with a few more somewhere down the line...

The rest of these new offerings look very nice as well, and it has to be pointed out that the accessories included with many of these are absolutely top-notch, and give you some much better bang for the buck, without having to sacrifice the quality of the actual figure like the Saga line did on occasion...

From the pics it looks like Obi has a scultped saber hilt attached to his belt...

Indeed he does Jared, right behind his left arm.  Good eye!

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 01:07 AM »
That Obi Wan has such an incredible sculpt face wise...
Definitely the best AOTC version yet.

I am anxiously awaiting these to hit US soil...

I'm loving these nice pack ins (i.e. Obi & Elan)...

Hasbro will send me to the poor house yet. Just watch...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 07:54 AM »
They all look great, even the concept trooper which, at first I was a little blah about.

Thank god I don't have to look for these, they are already pre-ordered on kebco to ship right to my door.  Can't wait.
Common sense isn't so common