Author Topic: rebel strike vs knights of old republic  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Darth Berger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
rebel strike vs knights of old republic
« on: October 21, 2003, 06:06 AM »
 ??? i'm looking to get a new game system gc of xbox.  i'm going to base thye decision on which of the newer star wars games is the better pick.  any suggestions?
Goodnight Gracie

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: rebel strike vs knights of old republic
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 06:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I got mine Rebelstrike from Toys'R'Us.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/507121/103-9923112-1588650

This offer is good in store as well.  They will exchange with unopened games with receipt within 45 days.  So when Mario Kart Double Dash and LOTR Return of the King arrive in early November I will get those too.

Considering this deal and that the Gamecube is only $99 I chose to go with this sytem.  I also have a PS2.  

I have not played KOTOR, but have only heard good things.  

-Fish-

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 05:00 PM »
They're substantially different games, so they're tough to compare without knowing what kinda game you like, ya know?

Rebelstrike's less thought and more action...  KOTOR is a larger game overall, with a deeper storyline and more thought than action.  

one's an RPG, the other's an arcade-style flight shooter.  

KOTOR is set way before even the prequals, Rebel Strike is set during the Galactic Civil War (From the Battle of Yavin to Battle of Endor).  

Neither's perfect, but neither's being given a negative review either too...

So it boils down more to if you like an RPG game, which KOTOR is, or if you like a flight/shooter game, which Rebelstrike is.

I'm not the owner of KOTOR as I don't own an X-Box, but it's coming to PC which I'll buy it then anyway...  Rebelstrike I'm buying HOPEFULLY this week.  Maybe tomorrow night, as it's in the store, but my free time to go over is limited.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 07:51 PM »
Jeff, why don't you just come over to my house to see KOTOR in person, so you can see that getting an Xbox is a better decision?   ???
dustrho

Offline Darth Berger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 10:22 PM »
yes chris, i do have to get over to see it.   i wasn't sure if carrie had given it to you yet  so i didn't ask as not to blow any potential surprise.
Goodnight Gracie

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 05:06 PM »
. . .so you can see that getting an Xbox is a better decision?   ???

I'm gonna call bullsh.t on that one.

I've got all three systems, and each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages compared to the others.  Sure, in terms of what it can do, graphics and sound-wise, the XBox is the best out of the three, but the GameCube isn't that far behind, and has got some great exclusive games and is really affordable to boot.

The best decision is buying the system that has the most games that you want to play.  Simple as that.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 06:38 PM »
I'd agree with Virex on the reasoning for buying a system...  Buy it not because of SW games only, but what you like in gaming in general.  Does it have more games than just SW that you'll play?

My reasoning for a Gamecube is that most X-Box games I can get on my PC and will play just as smoothly or even better on my machine.  Even Halo's now a PC port as well.

My Gamecube's got more games I want to play that I won't get anywhere else, so for me the choice was pretty simple, and the Gamecube's been a welcome addition to my entertainment stand I can safely say.

A lot of games are simply better on PC though...  For controls, for graphics (if you have a good PC), and for the fact there's just so much more to many games...  For me, Jedi Outcast for a console is a waste of money when you can play it on PC and get the large editing community's product that is out there to let you KEEP playing the game and playing something new with it.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77