Author Topic: MUNCHIES!  (Read 9318 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: MUNCHIES!
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2004, 01:21 AM »
I actually don't eat or drink anything I listed in my old post anymore. I've lost ten pounds because of it and regular exercise.

Though I do get tired of counting calories. :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2004, 07:32 AM »
it would seem we need a diet thread. ;)

I have given up almost all my vices smoking drinking, junk food except for one I love altoids tangerine sours.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Ah this was a fun thread - I know I gained a little bit of weight sampling a few of yalls snacks.

As far as health is concerned, I still snack a lot, but I haven't smoked anything since November '03 - so I think I'm alot more healthier than when I made this thread.

PS. Crete, I think we have a weight loss and diet thread somewhere.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2004, 05:50 PM »
Well brad I have to admit I like those things mentioned above but ever since my 30's I can't even read threads like this without gaining weight. I weight lift and get activeTennis, volleyball, jet skiing) something to gt me breathing. It really sucks getting old you have to be responsible.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Walking down the aisle yesterday and saw Ketchup Blasted Pringles...anyone else seen or tried them?

I'm a sucker for new gimmicks and would be interested in their taste.  The idea sounds good, Ketchup and French Fries are perfect together

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Walking down the aisle yesterday and saw Ketchup Blasted Pringles...anyone else seen or tried them?

I'm a sucker for new gimmicks and would be interested in their taste.  The idea sounds good, Ketchup and French Fries are perfect together

I just went on a long ramble about ketchup flavoring for popcorn in the Van Helsing thread so I'll be brief here.  

Up in Winnipeg we consume ketchup flavored chips like no other market in the world.  They are the number one seller for a local chip manufacturer, Old Dutch, and are very good sellers for Hostess as well.  Try them, they are great.  But hardly a new idea.  We've been eating ketchup flavored chips in these parts for better than 25 years. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 03:55 PM »

I actually saw these a couple of weeks back when we were grocery shopping as well, but we didn't pick them up either.  I'm a sucker for some Pringles, so it was tempting.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2004, 04:01 PM »
I like Pringles but I think I'd like to try them on a Regular Chip first

Old Dutch is a Minnesota company ;) But I don't think they sell Ketchup flavored here

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2004, 10:14 PM »
I like Pringles but I think I'd like to try them on a Regular Chip first

Old Dutch is a Minnesota company ;) But I don't think they sell Ketchup flavored here

Quite so, Roseville I believe.  Sold only in the upper midwest and Western Canada.  We have a plant here though that uses local potatoes that in my job, I help grow.  

I've had ketchup chips in the US and I expect Pringles will be a let down like the rest of them.  There needs to be enough ketchup on the chips to turn your fingers blood red.  Otherwise they tend to be rather meh, whatever.  I'll send you a bag or two in your next box Scott.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Roseville is one town over, the local chapter of my professional institute tours there from time to time.  Perhaps I'll go on the next tour and DEMAND KETCHUP CHIPS BE BROUGHT TO THE UNITED STATES!!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Just bumping this one (Cause the Super Bowl is almost here) to tell Brian that I cannot get out of the grocery store without a box of the Cheddar Jack Cheez-Its, those things are like crack-cocaine on the addiction scale.  And man, are they delicious

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 2, 2005, 09:00 AM »
 :D  Glad to hear we're not the only ones Scott.  Those things are taste-tastic, and we pretty much always have them "in stock" here at home :).  The breath you have after eating them though....yikes, or maybe its just me ;).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 2, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Cross-threading again, but I've really, really cut back on my consumption of stuff in the junk category.  I love chocolate and candy, but it just isn't doing me any favours. 

I've pretty much switched wholesale over to diet pop - diet Dr. Pepper rules.  I can tolerate diet Coke but prefer Diet Pepsi.  Diet Ginger Ale is ok too.  It's all pretty much downhill from there.  I do still really love the taste of regular Coke (especially with some Appleton's in there) but perhaps too much. 

Came back from Hawaii with a parcel of Red Vines and made the mistake of reading the back of the package :o  Two vines is something like 60 calories, I'd eat easily 10 in a sitting, usually with a coke :-X

Allowing myself to have popcorn when I want it, but mostly light versions ::)  I'll have a chocolate bar maybe once or twice a week, Aero dark chocolate being preferred. 

Just don't have the metabolism to handle this stuff anymore though, it just settles in for the long haul. :-[  That said, modifying ye olde addictions and a fair bit of exercise has me down and pretty stable around 205 from a high of about 230 a couple of years ago (in that picture that DeanPaul unearthed).  Aiming to be sub-200 for C3 so I can mock JediMac for being heavier than someone twice his age older than him :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2005, 02:01 PM »
My top two vices are cheese and pepperoni on Triscuits and mint chocolate chip ice cream.  It's been known to be my dinner some nights.

I'm not a huge candy bar person, I prefer Twizzlers and Sour Patch Kids.

Soda wise, regular Coke for me.  Goes even better with Capt. Morgans or Jack Daniels.  I'll drink Diet Coke when there's Absolut in it.

Animal Treasures Girl Scout Cookies - awesome.  I ordered three boxes from the girl across the street.

All that junk food and I'm still a slim 240.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2005, 11:22 PM »
For diets:  Quaker Quakes Potato Stix- Chili Cheese- ok, so you think potato sticks and those thin little funky things in the can- nope, not these- these are similiar to the Andy Capp's Hot Fries- which is what they remind me of- 31 of them for 110 cals. 2 pts for Weight Watchers.
Kudos bars- M&Ms, yummy, and I think they are 120 cal, 110 or 120, 2 pts.
Peanut's (as in Snoopy) shortbread fudge cookies
I try not to keep soda or too much junk food in the house.
You are starting to damage my calm.