Author Topic: Vader's freak-out moment  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Vader's freak-out moment
« on: October 23, 2003, 10:39 AM »
I was trying to stay vague with the topic title so the non-spoiler people wouldn't see this on the main page.

This is in reference to the spy report from theforce.net:

"Also, when Anakin wakes up as Darth Vader and is told what happened to him he becomes so angry he rips apart the room he's in with the Force. "

Do you think that Anakin will reconstruct himself in this scene? Why has Lucas been drilling it into our heads that Anakin is good at building/repairing things? He built C-3PO and a Podracer at nine years old. He gets angry and claims he will learn to stop people from dying. Is this just a coincidence, or will Anakin be at least partially responsible for his reconstruction?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Vader's freak-out moment
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 04:16 PM »
Like it, he made C3PO from scratch, so there's no reason he couldn't 'build himself'.  It's quite symbolic as well, how HE destroys the last of Anakin by recreating himself as a 'technical terror.'   How ironic then that it is Vader who has the line 'this technical terror is no match for the force'

How true vader, how true.
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, I thought the line in AOTC on how he would learn to stop people from dying might mean something important in Ep3.  I was thinking he was going to either learn to keep himself or Padme from dying.  Looks like Padme may not make it past Ep3 with her life.  So, I am guessing he means himself.  Now there are rumblings that Palpatine is really older than Yoda himself.  So, maybe Palpy has something to do with keeping oneself from kicking the bucket?

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2004, 09:20 PM »
 IT NEVER CROSSED MY MIND ABOUT VADER REPAIRING HIMSELF ! TOO GOOD OF A POINT MY FRIEND !! NOW THIS IS WHAT I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT TILL IT ALL GOES DOWN !
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Anakin is a crazy guy.  I personally think he is a psycho path.  I mean he goes crazy and gives up being a Jedi to be a Sith Lord, who would do that.  Anakin to me has some social and mental issues!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth_BullGates

• Youngling
  • All too easy.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2004, 09:22 PM »
I have never been able to understand why Anakin would turn so against Obi-Wan. Resent him, yes. Hate him to the point he does, no. Spoilers suggest when Anakin awakes as Vader, he asks "Where is Padme" and Palpidious replies, "You killed her". That doesn't sound like a Lord of the Sith to me. Maybe Palpidious tells him, "Obi-Wan accidently killed her trying to get to you."

Just a guess for fun.
Commander, tear this board apart until you find those Hyperspace pics, and bring me the poster I want them alive!!!!