Author Topic: When was the last time you were in a car accident?  (Read 3787 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: When was the last time you were in a car accident?
« Reply #15 on: November 4, 2003, 10:15 PM »
We took the car in to have the damage checked out. Estimated at $2200.  >:(  Then we went to the accident scene & took some pics for the insurance company.
Yep, the other driver is not a happy camper. Said he never saw the cars ahead! He had roughly 2 blocks ahead of him before he hit.   ::)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 4, 2003, 11:00 PM »
My most recent one was sometime last year.

I pulled into the small lot of a donut shop and waited behind a parked commuter van while two other cars jockeyed out of the way. The reverse lights on the van went on, I beeped my horn, and then... crunch.

The van was for his work and their insurance covered my auto bills to the tune of a month's worth of car rental (because the body shop took their damn time) and over $1300 for a tiny stinkin' panel and small paint job.

It turned out to be an expensive donut.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2005, 11:08 PM »
The last time I was in an accident was May 9 2000.  I went with my sister to go see the movie Galdator and on our way home a guy run a red light hit us and another car.  After making sure we were both okay we got out to see the other people and I notcied my hand was hurting a little.  Cops came and investigated and we ended up going to the ER with my parents since my hand was killing me and I knew it was broken.  The ER doctor couldn't till if my hand was broken or not.  It took 6 months until I figured it out and need surgery to fix it.  I ended up getting a $$$ grand for my settlement and bought a car with it.
Anyone want to guess what happened to me on the way to school today... someone hit me.  Nothing to bad hopefully need to get an estimate on the damage but everyone is okay. 

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2005, 06:45 PM »
My last accident was almost 6 years ago when I first moved to Harrisburg.  There's a ramp to get onto the highway right by my house, and there's essentially no acceleration lane.  You gotta sit there and wait for an opening.  I was behind this car that was waiting, saw a big gap, saw the car begin to pull out, so I looked back, saw I had space too and accelerated.  Thing was, the driver in front of me chickened out and stopped.  So I smacked right into the back of her car and dinged their bumper.  The driver got out... looked at the damage... I said we couldn't just sit in the intersection, that we should drive someplace and exchange info.  She suggested a bank down the road... but I'd only lived there for a day or two and didn't know the area.  I said OK, figuring I'd find the place once I got to the business district.  She took off, but I had to wait until I had an opening, which was a good 10 or 15 cars.  I drove to the business district, stopped at the first bank I saw, and couldn't find her.  I drove around a bit but came up empty.  So I just drove off to work.  The damage was extremely minor, but whatever garage did it would probably have charged a mint to repaint the whole bumper.  And my insurance might have gone up and everything.  My ignorance of the area got me off scott-free.  I mean, I didn't know what else to do.  But I'm sure there was one pissed-off woman sitting in a bank someplace that afternoon.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj