Author Topic: Saga Purchases  (Read 68971 times)

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Saga Purchases
« Reply #45 on: June 7, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Anakin Secret Ceremony
Luke (Hoth)

only if I had bought the dang wampa...
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2004, 08:27 AM »
I found the Leia Target cup set this weekend, still no sign of the Luke/Anakin ones though.  Otherwise, the pegs were full of mainly Throne Room Luke/Hoth Han/Snowtrooper/Anakin case, as well as some of the Yavin wave (no Tie Pilots).  Starting to see a lot of Dodonnas around here it seems.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 4, 2004, 10:33 AM »
Actually made a Saga purchase yesterday for the first time in awhile.  I picked up a HOF C-3PO at Wal-Mart.  The Star Wars section was pretty much decimated, only a couple of Hoth Hans and TR Lukes hanging there, and a lone 3PO (the bubble was pretty smashed up).  I never had this figure (in any release), and decided to pick it up.  Its a pretty good looking 3PO I think, happy to add it to the collection.

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #48 on: August 4, 2004, 03:59 PM »
Received my latest today:

Bail Organa
Endor Rebel Commando (no Beard)
Obi wan (Coruscant club)
Throne room Darth Vader

Trying to catch up!!
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2004, 07:54 PM »
I finally bought the Barriss Offee that has been hanging on the Toys R Us peg for nearly a year.  I had not bought this figure before.  Many times I would just see it up there and contimplated buying it but just never did.  Today Bariss is home with me and I'm glad she is. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2004, 11:18 PM »
I finally bought the Barriss Offee that has been hanging on the Toys R Us peg for nearly a year.  I had not bought this figure before.  Many times I would just see it up there and contimplated buying it but just never did.  Today Bariss is home with me and I'm glad she is. 
Congrats on ridding the world of another peg warmer DB :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2004, 12:29 PM »
My job there was done :0)

SilverZ

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2004, 02:31 AM »
Nobody's bought any Saga stuff since September?  ;)

I'm pleased as piss to have finally caved and bought a carded Walmart Kitik Cantina Set off of ebay tonight. It filled me with a warm fuzzy feeling, like I've filled some long-forgotten void in my heart. Good times. I think that closes out my Saga collection to complete enough for me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2004, 08:25 PM »
I've found the Endor Generals on OTC cards, so the last Saga item I want is the Leia cup set.

Guess I'll be doing some ebay searching later. ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2004, 12:18 AM »
I'm pleased as piss to have finally caved and bought a carded Walmart Kitik Cantina Set off of ebay tonight. It filled me with a warm fuzzy feeling, like I've filled some long-forgotten void in my heart.

Have the prices dropped any since this hit retail in the 3 pack, or are they still crazy high? I think the last time I checked, the set of three individual packs was going on ebay for like $225 or so. And to think, I passed on getting a set of the three individual figures for $75 'cause I thought it was too expensive when they first slipped out, before they got canceled the first time  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2004, 01:52 AM »
I was reading Q&A recently at GH.com the other day, and Adam Pawlus said in it that Captain Antilles was a pegwarmer (or something to that effect), and kinda trashed the figure for being made...

It may be the case in some areas, but in Pittsburgh he's not overly common, or "pegwarming" by any means.  I think his potential as an army builder has helped him sell steadily.  Dodonna's a LITTLE more prevelant, but not by much.

I just didn't see him as the pegwarmer some have...  I run into one here and there, maybe a few at a K-Mart or KB where figures are more $, but at WM's, Targets, and TRU's, Antilles is drying up.

Same with Ozzel and other of that ilk...  The customizers and army builders have spoken in my book, and they'll pick one of those up every whipstitch it seems.

The same thing happens with BBI's Elite Force figures at Toys R Us.  They get a glut, then slowly but surely they sell, one by one.  It's really an impressive thing to kinda monitor when you're shopping. 

Some folks out htere must have impressive armies going.  I wanted another Antilles or two but damned if I can get them now.  Gotta check some of the lower traffic stores perhaps.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Have the prices dropped any since this hit retail in the 3 pack, or are they still crazy high? I think the last time I checked, the set of three individual packs was going on ebay for like $225 or so. And to think, I passed on getting a set of the three individual figures for $75 'cause I thought it was too expensive when they first slipped out, before they got canceled the first time  ::)

Bought it on a 34.99 BIN, with a somewhat steep shipping of $12 from HK.  Not too shabby, or at least I found it acceptable. I found it in miyatoys ebay listings after OCB posted the die-cast assortment on the frontpage the other day.

Yeah, I passed on the set early on too, and regretted it ever since. I really had faith that they'd make it out, or at least I'd have found it in the collector stores when I was doing montly trips to Japan during 2002-2003.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Bought it on a 34.99 BIN, with a somewhat steep shipping of $12 from HK.  Not too shabby, or at least I found it acceptable.

****. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. Great price on what is basically a "prototype" at this point. These will never* make it to retail in this form.

*By saying never, I really mean that they won't make it to retail until the day after I buy one on ebay for an unusally large sum of money. The day after that, they will be available at every retail outlet known to man, and probably for under a dollar.

SilverZ

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2004, 12:28 AM »
I was reading Q&A recently at GH.com the other day, and Adam Pawlus said in it that Captain Antilles was a pegwarmer (or something to that effect), and kinda trashed the figure for being made...

You know, not to bash the guy, he's a massively productive community contributer and had a great newsletter, and was once really wired in, but I don't consider his column these days to be authoritive.  Not to sidetrack here but there's a whole discussion to be had if there's anyone who can really be authoritive when making statements like are often made in the Q&A's on the big sites. It bugs me a bit when a regional perspective gets amplified like that in a forum that is (most likely) read by people as gospel.

Here, from that wave Dodonna is the one I still see. Antilles always seemed to be snatched up. Regardless nothing in that wave here lasted long, considering there are '02 figures still hoarding space at our TRUs. They're both good generic figures. And since Dodonna and Antilles had that jacket-swap psuedo-feature, they probably moved better than one could expect for a chicken-neck guy and an old man in a trenchcoat.

Shame that he needed to bash Antilles, really.

SilverZ

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2004, 12:32 AM »
He still has two up in the same auction. The big concern is the quality of the cardback. He's been using a single image group for every auction. I'll try to take a shot when mine arrives - he shipped it yesterday, apparently. I'm a lazy ebayer and didn't bother asking him beforehand.  :)

Kitik

Bought it on a 34.99 BIN, with a somewhat steep shipping of $12 from HK.  Not too shabby, or at least I found it acceptable.

****. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. Great price on what is basically a "prototype" at this point. These will never* make it to retail in this form.

*By saying never, I really mean that they won't make it to retail until the day after I buy one on ebay for an unusally large sum of money. The day after that, they will be available at every retail outlet known to man, and probably for under a dollar.