Author Topic: Where's Yoda?  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Where's Yoda?
« on: October 25, 2003, 03:44 PM »
Seeing as the little green dude plays a major role in every other episode of Star Wars, where was he in 'A New Hope'? There's no mention of him and there isn't any foreshadowing of his character.

Lucas had probably not yet conceived him, but what's the story given about what Yoda's up to during this period of time?
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Yoda?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 04:21 PM »
Was there any need for him in ANH, though? I'm guessing he was just chilling on Dagobah...eating soup. :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 04:22 PM by BobaShek »

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 03:28 AM »
I guess it's just a 'thinking aloud' question. I agree the needwasn't there, but you would think that Ben would give Yoda a call when he found the 'New Hope'. I mean, I'd want to call my old Jedi buddies that weren't annihilated and tell them we may have a shot to restore some order in this universe! I guess that Jedi just accept things as they are and let them go as they go until it is in their back yard mucking up their beautiful lagoon.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:50 PM »
Yoda did not just sit there on Dagobah eating soup.  He would ship in females from races he liked and had his way with them.  Old Yoda made a lot of friends the galaxy over.  They came and partied at his hut.  At the end he'd give them all a wave with his hand and say "This party's host and place, forget you will."  The guests would leave confused asking themselves "Man were we that drunk?  I don't remember a thing!"  Yoda would laugh at that because through the Force he could see this.  

Yoda is a crafty S.O.B.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 05:25 PM »
And half the time he didn't need to use the jedi mind trick. Take a look at the Marvel Comics Empire Strikes Back comic book, and you'll see that Dagabah is apparently the mushroom capital of the galaxy. After he'd tricked them into eating his "good food", a tiny green alien on a swamp planet would be the least wierd of the things they saw...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 12:19 PM »
Okay guys. We don't want to tarnish Yoda's good name too badly. While Shaman, Zen Masters, and other Sageous dudes have been known to ingest and be proponents of mind altering mushrooms, meads & cactus, Yoda had his party days long ago and he seems above all that at his age. I also think the lack of good parking facilities on Dagobah merit he wasn't welcoming too many people to come to his pad.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 01:05 PM »
Yoda finally makes his dreams come true, landing on a planet virtually covered in mushrooms. But alas, no one to sell them to...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Well, I would like to think that he was somewhere on Dagobah writing his Journal of the Whills.

I have heard of a new scene for a New Hope that when Alderaan Explodes there is a cut of Yoda looking up feeling the tremor in the Force and Obi-Wan grabbing his heart telling Luke that he just felt a great disturbance in the Force. IF there are newly added scenes to the original trilogy maybe we will get to see Yoda in E4.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 01:59 PM »
Most all sources claim he's been on Dagobah since the fall of the Jedi...  Guess he's just chilling out in the swamps I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 9, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Well I guess that's more realistic the more I think about it.  Not too many girls would want to go to Dagobah.  He probably really did just lay back at the hut and went out gathering food.  He needed a break anyway from all those years of training Jedi and not having them listen to him.  

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 10:23 AM »
Yoda has nothing to do with the plot of ANH and thus wasn't put in until he was needed.  

Leia would have really freaked if she was informed that she was being taken to a swamp to hide out.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."