Author Topic: Vaders senses  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Vaders senses
« on: October 26, 2003, 03:37 AM »
I know that Vader has no real need to recall the droids he played with as a child and get all sentimental, but what's up with him or the Emperor not detecting Ben or Yoda's presence before the new hope can rise. He only has his senses when another Jedi is in the building?

Were they scouting for unaccounted Jedi the likes of Yoda and Ben?

Did the empire just feel they were gnats after they assumed control?

You'd think that Jedi Masters and ex-Jedi Council members would be pretty vital to hunt down and eliminate.

Does Vader actually practice a little Jedi art himself by letting the will and way of the force take it's course?

Just don't get that at all, or that Leia and Luke would be undetected by Vader or the Emperor.

Maybe they just thought they could turn Luke as Anakin was turned and that fate would play into their hands and come to them.

Just thinking aloud. Any enlightenment would help though.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Vaders senses
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Perhaps the reason Vader could only sense Ben once he was in the Death Star, was because before then, Ben had cloaked his 'aura' or whatever goes with having the force... I think Ben sent out a beacon for Vader, 'come get me', kinda deal, which maybe explains how they were able to find each other in the massive death star.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Vaders senses
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2003, 05:38 PM »
This may be a stretch, but maybe what happened is similar to what happens to the Jedi in the Prequels: Because their power is diminishing, they have a harder time detecting disturbances in the force(i.e. A Sith Lord in the senate)...or something like that. :)