Author Topic: So Cal wildfires...  (Read 19233 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: So Cal wildfires...
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Looks like my fire was caused by arson

People suck balls.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2007, 02:02 AM »
Looks like my fire was caused by arson

People suck balls.

Amen.  WTF is going through people's heads?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Stay safe everyone.  Can't believe some of the numbers of homes that have been destroyed exspecially in San Deigo, 500 home and 100 business since Sunday.  Hopefully the death toll stays at 1. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Unfortunately the death toll stands at 2 according to CNN & over 500,000 are fleeing.  :-\

As others have said, stay safe.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Here's to hoping that everyone is safe out there.  I've been watching 20/20 for the last 40+ minutes and I can't get over what's happening.  The worst we get in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin is the rare tornado and usually just cold winter weather.  I can't imagine what it's like dealing with natural disasters like earthquakes, but then also dealing year after year with wildfires.  I started reading page 1 and honestly couldn't tell whether it was 2004 or the present based on the images and descriptions.

I don't see how people can deliberately set fires like this and I guess I'll never understand.  I hope they catch the bastards.

Again, good luck to everyone out in Cali, and please keep us all posted on how everyone is doing.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Everyone be careful out that there, my thoughts and prayers are with the people dealing with this tragic event.

My best friend lives out that way and they've got quite a bit of things packed up... I'm definitely worried for him and his wife.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2007, 11:49 PM »

I don't see how people can deliberately set fires like this and I guess I'll never understand.  I hope they catch the bastards.

Anohher group of people that need to be shot caught are the scambug looters who are in the evacated areas.  Some guy house was serverly damage along with finding some of his belongings missing and house ransacked. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Scary ****... good luck to all of you in So Cal.  Be safe and be careful!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2007, 07:34 AM »
Stay safe to all you SoCal guys. Biggest evac since the Civil War... Wow..

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Echoing what others have said - thoughts and prayers to all the people in So Cal, particularly our friends here at JD.  Hopefully everyone is safe, and this nightmare will be over soon.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Same as others, prayers are with you guys in danger or having to leave. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2007, 08:16 PM »
I do not have much to add other than hope everyone is at the very least safe.  I would have posted something earlier but my son has been in the hospital lately and my wife has been ill as well.  Nothing major though.  Certainly nothing as #$%^& as this.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2007, 10:34 PM »
This is amazing to see.
It makes all the other things seem so small when people are fleeing for their lives.
Be safe everyone
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Wheeew, Man Like everyone else has said, Please stay safe!
All of you socal guys are in my prayers right now.
This all Started out as ARSON! that jackhole needs to be put away for a lonnngg time.

Jediknight760071
Anton
Coleman
Who else is by this?

Adam

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2007, 01:15 AM »
FoxNews.com is reporting a $70,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the arsonist. I've been driving around the past couple days keeping myself updated...Yesterday was pretty scary as the fires were all over the canyons about 1-2 miles behind our homes, but today they seemed to have died down...probably because I felt little to no wind today. The smoke is really getting to people though...it's been foggy in Foothill Ranch (where I am) for the past few days, but it's all just smoke and ash coming down. Irvine Valley College cancelled classes at 1pm today because of poor air quality. At certain points on the toll road out here you can see all the way to the coast and the smoke is covering just about everything up to there and beyond.

I'm a few pixels above the "L" in Lake Forest...