Author Topic: Clone SCUBA Trooper  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Clone SCUBA Trooper
« on: October 27, 2003, 03:56 PM »
I'm usually not much for expanded universe, but this Clone Wars cartoon looks to be shaping up to be pretty cool.  I noticed that the Star Wars official site has been adding more and more CW information lately, and at their "Inside Clone Wars" page, they have some pics and information on some of the characters, vehicles, etc. from the cartoon micro-series.  One new one I noticed was the Clone Scuba Trooper, which I think looks kind of cool.  Has anyone else taken a look at these, and if so, what do you think of them?

Inside Clone Wars

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone SCUBA Trooper
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 06:53 PM »
I noticed some of these too, and I like the new Clone Fighter...

Moreso I liked the fighter that looked like an off-shoot of the Y-Wing design though, which was shown in the Clone Wars sketchbook that Matt brought back from SDCC for some of us...  It's a neat design, smaller, and almost resembles an interceptor type of fighter made by the same team that make the Y-Wing Fighter/Bomber.  

I'd love to see either of these "Republic Fighters" produced though as scale toys...  Pack in a new clone pilot with less goofy pose and I'd be really happy with these.

I'd take a Quarren soldier too at this point.  THose guys just look too cool to pass up. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 08:53 PM »
Holy schnikeys!   :o  Those look great!  I'd love some totally new Clone Trooper figures.
dustrho

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 08:41 PM »
 I'd love to see either of these "Republic Fighters" produced though as scale toys...  Pack in a new clone pilot with less goofy pose and I'd be really happy with these.

I rather fancy the Clone Pilot. What dont you like about its pose?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 01:21 AM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/modern_hasbro/saga/basic/clone_trooper_pilot/saga-clonepilot_front3.jpg

A photo just for visual reference of what I'm talking about (Thanks GalacticHunter for the image useage of course).

What I'm referring to with his pose though is his goofy leaning...  Why they sculpted him like that, I'll never know, but I hate that damn lean...  Just looks terrible, and limits the use of the figure outside the ship...  I'd love a new figure of him sometime utilizing the ultra clone's sculpt with simply a retooled Clone Pilot head stuck on him.  I'd buy those up in great quantitiies.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 02:34 PM »
I think they are pretty sweet, they looked awesome in that episode with Kit Fisto, he kicked ass!!!!1
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2004, 10:01 AM »
I don't like it, it's just the whole visualzation of them having to eventually get out of the water and walk around with those fins on. It looks a bit ubsurd.

What's odd is that I don't remember seeing stormtroopers ever with scuba gear. You'd think they would have these types of suits as well being later models.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Actually, aquatic stormtroopers were developed by West End Games for the original RPG.  Very cool design.  The gear they wear (fins and such) can be removed should the troop  need to fight on land, or in an underwater station of some sort.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 7, 2004, 06:50 PM »
I wish they made them into figures... that would be ultimate! ;D
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 3, 2004, 02:51 AM »
That sounds pretty cool. I would love to see a figure made.