Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 23502 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #15 on: April 9, 2003, 09:43 PM »
Star Wars is the only thing I collect.  I do have a big interest in the "I Love Lucy" TV show back in the old days, and I have most of the episodes on VHS tape.  But, I don't really collect a lot from that show.  I think Lucielle Ball was one of the funniest female comedians to the day.
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2003, 10:01 PM »
I've finally found 3 things I love to collect.
WoS Simpsons Line, Marvel Legends, and Star Wars.

I've got all the carded Simpsons figures, around 77 or so, 9 Marvel Legends, and I've streamlined my Star Wars collection a few times, but I do know I have 35 Jango Fett figures, each of which is uniquely packaged.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2003, 10:41 PM »
Hmmm.  

Bugs ;D

star wars 1995-present 3 3/4 figs,, Unleashed (though I won't own two Vaders) vehicles, playskool, action fleet;
but I've quasi-broken out of being a completeist.  I don't have every figure associated with Episode I or the vehicles or beasts.  Just no attachment there and same loathing for all things Gungan as I have for Ewoks (actually worse).  

Simpsons - Homers plus a few others.  Have the THOH figs plus Burns, Burns Manor, Hank Scorpio, Smithers and now, apparently Scout Leader Ned diddly Flanders.  No MOE :D

LOTR - started and abandoned.  Only have FOTR Ring Wraith, Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn and they are all available except for Gandalf and Ring Wraith.  Have TTT Ring Wraith and Horse, but will happily trade it away.  

McFarlane Sportspicks - NHL mostly.  Have all of NHL2-4 with the exception of a red Hull and a white Thornton.  Waffling about only keeping the goalies though.  These are the other acceptable things on display at work (Homer being the other).  

Comics - from 1984-1994 or so, I collected comics and comic related cards.  Mostly Marvel (X-men, spidey, DD, Thor, Hulk) and some DC (predominantly Batman titles, though some supe, catwoman), Image (Spawn, Gen 13) and some others.  I fell out of it when big boobs became a super power that resulted in high comic book value :-\ >:(

Only thing my wife collects is Disney movies/DVD's so I can relate Matt.  Oh how I wish she would start with something.  Much easier to rationalize a purchase that way, or so Koda tells me. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2003, 10:52 PM »
You forgot She Hulk Comics Brent

Or did you not want people to know about your mutated green woman fetish?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2003, 11:39 PM »
Naw, that's ok, she's hot.  Ever see the cover with her in a white bikini? :o  That pic should be in the other thread. ;)

I just didn't bother listing all the comics, just the mains.  

Forgot to include spiderman/marvel figs as well.  Again, selective little git, I am.  

I collect bug books too.  

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2003, 08:16 AM »
Modern Star Wars 3.75" figs and vehicles, Unleashed, Legos and whatever else Star Wars related that floats my boat.  

I'm seriously thinking about starting a Gammorean Guard collection.  The Piggies are my favorite aliens and a character collection based on them shouldn't be too hard to amass, as there aren't many items with them on it.  Probably the hardest item to get would be that ultra cool 14" statue from a few years back.  I'm also seriously thinking about commissioning a Bill Cable One of a Kind drawing of the Gamorrean Guard.

Due to monetary issues, I've held off on collecting other toy lines.  Its tough because Marvel Legends, Muppets, MOTU and LOTR have really impressed me.  But I will buy a Sweetums Muppet fig if he's ever released, cause he's just too cool  8)

I do get comic books every week and have quite a collection of those, both in my apartment and in my Nana's house back in NJ.

My wife's like Matt's and Morgbug's, she doesn't collect anything except Hard Rock Hurricane glasses, but she's not as anal rentive about them as I am about my collection.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2003, 11:01 AM »
Twist ties. Miles and miles of twist ties. If I ever move to California I'll never have to worry about earthquakes 'cuz all my stuph will be secured in place by twist ties. Cups, books, the dog, everything twist-tied in its place, ready to rumble.
Post sober.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2003, 11:11 PM »
Other than Star Wars, I collect or use to collect the following:

Simpsons - I nearly have the entire WOS line. Missing a half dozen or so figs, a few playsets and a few exlusives and then I'll be complete.

McFarlane Sportspicks - Baseball only. Current on those. No variants, just the regular figs.

Baseball/football cards - No longer collect these but have about 75,000 of these from mid 80's to early 90's and late 90's to 2001.

CDs - I have a little over 400 of these including alot of imports but I just don't by them as often as I use to. Several years ago I was buying 2-4 every single week. Just don't have the funds to do that now with the other hobbies I've picked up since then.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2003, 01:54 PM »
This for people in the eastern US...I need 3 State quarters to be up to date with my collection...

Kentucky
Illinois
Alabama

Check your pockets please, oh and they all need to be Philadelphia mint (they have a P stamped on the lower right side below Georgy Boy)

Thanks!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2003, 02:17 PM »

For everyone's State Quarters reference, here's the link the the U.S. Mint's program, with photos, stats, release dates, etc...

State Quarters

I'll check my State Quarter stash out for ya' Scott, but like you mentioned already, we don't get too many "P's" out here - mostly "D's"...  The Kentucky one is pretty old, might have that one...  I usually can't find the brand new quarters 'til they've at least been out for 2-3 months - kinda like Star Wars figures pretty much...   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2003, 02:21 PM »
I just got a Rhode Island yesterday leaving Kentucky as my only oldy, I found most of 2002 pretty easily...so I'm not too worried on Alabama and Illinois, just want them in one swell foop

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2003, 02:29 PM »
One swell foop? :D

BTW, Scott, just so you know, Shulkie is coming to you.  In fact, according to the tracking number, you have it.  Is this so?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Scott, I'll keep my eyes open for those three.  How anal are you about appearance.  Do they have to be super shiny just off the mint or can they show a little usage?

It shouldn't be a problem with all three, but 'Bama might take a little longer.  I just recently acquiried mine.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2003, 02:43 PM »
Mike - Shine is not a huge concern, big gouges though is a no no.  

Brent - Not sure...if they do come, whoo boy She Hulky goodness, you might not see me for a few days

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 7, 2003, 02:50 PM »
Word of warning too...

Dressel Rebel over at another forum tried to send me three quarters in the mail in a regular envelope, the thing got caught in the mail machine because all I got was a ripped envelope and an apology from the post office.

I hope they blew up their machine :-*