Author Topic: Jabba's Palace Wave  (Read 17999 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jabba's Palace Wave
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2004, 01:10 AM »

New large shots of J'Quille...whoopeee!  Can't wait for him and Lando, although this whole wave is a tad bit blah in comparison to the Yavin, Star Destroyer and Endor Waves

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2004, 03:53 AM »
Really?  I think it's a bit more interesting than the others, but maybe that's because the figs here are exciting to me.  It's all good.   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Yeah its a weird one, I love J'Quille and Elom, 2 I've wanted for a while, but there are a bunch of Jabba's goons I'd rather have...so I guess its a little bit of jealousy that my needs weren't met :-\

Hermi
Yarna
Doallyn
Klaatu (Palace)
Kithaba
Vintage Nikto

All excite me a ton more than Holo Luke and Rappertunie and even J'Quille and Elom...Lando Skiff is a great figure, wasn't high on my wishlist either

I'm just hoping there is another Jabba Wave down the road and all will be better for me

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2004, 04:01 PM »
I'm sure there will be.  I want Hermi as well!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Just noticed that Galactic Hunter has some carded shots up of Lando, Holo Luke, and Rappertunie (courtesy of mimidog4428).  You can check them out here:

Jabba's Wave Carded

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2004, 02:10 PM »
Here's some pictures from mimidog4428's auctions of these items:

Look great, except that Lando's hair looks a little too thin on the sides.  Might just be the picture though...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 05:03 AM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Seems to my eyes that the Holo Luke looks a little better than the shots originally released. Not so milky weird.

Really, really pleased with Lando, he looks even better on the card than the Hasbro shots, too. Is that knee articulation there?

Rappertunie is a LOT bigger than I thought he'd be; the card really points out his scale. That's a pleasant suprise too.

Good wave, me thinks!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2004, 04:28 PM »
They look pretty good carded (Except for the Luke, which still sucks ass). I'll be picking up Rappertunie and Lando for sure!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Holo Luke is still blah, but Rappertunie looks great, but his colors are a little off in places (face, stomach).  Not too good of a blend with the yellow and green there.  But I still can't wait for this one.

Something's out of whack with Lando's face too.  Doesn't look right, and doesn't even look like some of the earlier loose shots we saw a month or two ago.  Hopefully it'll look better when it hits the shelves soon, since it would be a shame if Hasbro somehow dropped the ball at the last minute on what looked to be an incredible figure.  The rest of him looks great though!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2004, 06:53 PM »
I'm loving the Lando...  That's shaping up to be a simply amazing figure.  I love that he finally got the holster/blaster as well.  

Looks to be well articulated also...  From what I can tell anyway.  It's pretty well hidden, whatever is there.

Rappertunie is interesting...  I'm  not sure I really care one way or another about this figure, but only because I don't really care about the character.  It's an SE character I just didn't really give a hoot about.  It'll help flesh out the other band members we got in the 2-packs though, and I would be interested in seeing the drummers then too.

Holo Luke is filling a Holo Luke Void...  Nothing more, nothing less.  The sculpt's a fine reuse of the Jedi Luke mold...  I'm sure they could've somehow improved it to look as nice as the Holo Sidious figure did.  THAT was a great Holo figure.  The Luke doesn't stack up, but it also is so insignificant to me that I'm content with this version and hopefully never seeing another one.  

To me, Lando's making the wave...  I noticed the pinched head in the photos too, but I think it's maybe a bit of an illusion.  I have a feeling it's gonna be a nice figure in person...  Probably even ranking up there as "great" in my book, for an effort from Hasbro anyway.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2004, 05:10 AM »
Next up on the eBay block, Ultra Jabba and friends:

So, whatchya think?  Still not thrilled with the undersized Jabba myself, but it's better than nuthin', I suppose.  Bubo looks pretty cool though!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2004, 03:42 PM »
I like the court denziens pack!

Fantastic! I will be picking up a few of that pack for customs....if I ever see one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2004, 04:51 PM »
Jabba isn't looking too bad. But then again, it's not that great of a pic. But I'm still buying it. I don't know about the denizens pack. I've two B'omarr Monks and still ahve another in the white box. (I sent out for a lot of Spirit Obi-Wans in 1997.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2004, 05:35 PM »
I don't think I'll be getting either of these.  I got a Jabba glob Jabba a few years ago for a dollar and he looks fine enough on the dias of my cardboard diorama.

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2004, 05:46 PM »
My enthusiasm for the Ultra Jabba dwindles with each shot. We were so close to getting what was needed back in the Deluxe Beast Asst days that this is obviously something that could be done so much better. Now that they've set a scale for him and his accessories, I think chances of a revisit are a long, long way off. With that in mind, I'll reserve my final judgement for when it's in my hands, and in the meantime hope for the best.

I can't wait to get Bubo though! :)