Author Topic: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures  (Read 35806 times)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 11:00 AM »
Hey i am a minimum-waged paid teen!
But i do care where Star Wars figures, go?  :D ;)

No offense meant to anyone particularly. But I am sure you know the type of which I speak.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 11:22 AM »
yes, i do, know what type you speak of.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2003, 09:54 AM »
Oh yes, I forgot that the Clone Wars line is the hottest selling line on the toy market right now. That's why after a Target clearance, I can still find stacks of Wave 1 on the pegs. Whew, yes it is definately the most popular toy line available right now. Just watch em fly off the shelves....

Walk into any retail store and ask the manager how Star Wars sells, it is not a popular line. It does well enough to squeak by, but when you can still find POTJ and Midnight-Madness Saga figures on the pegs, something must be amiss.

If you're so sure these two lines are hot sellers, then prove it to ME. I figured it was pretty much common sense that these lines arent as popular as 80% of the other toys available.

I still love the "kiddie-junk" line. Hilarious! No matter how you try to slice it buddy, every single figure released by Hasbro is mainly for kids. Sure, they admit that they FOCUS on collectors, but they are still kids toys. If they weren't, then they wouldnt worry about making them as safe for kids. Matrix toys are filled to the brim with choking hazards, why? Because they aren't marketed to little kids. Star Wars figures are choking hazard free. Why? Because they are marketed to "kiddies" as much as adults.

Yet another case of fanboyism. If someone doesnt like it, its crap, "kiddie-junk" or other. So yeah, I do take offense when you more or less insult people because of the items they are interested in, I take offense when some fanboy calls me out of touch, when I've grown up on Star Wars and collected figures since I was a toddler. I have seen nearly every Star Wars figure vintage and new on shelves, and I can rightfully say that through my years of collecting, I have witnessed the current lines selling much worse than any of the other lines before them.  And, well, the SAGA line and the CLONE WARS line have NOT been around 30 years, fanboy. I did not say ANYTHING about the other lines. Read my post next time.

And not sure when you last checked, but Star Wars figures are right down or across the aisle from Power Rangers and Simpsons. I guess that's where they belong though, since THEY ARE ALSO KIDS TOYS! And you are out of touch if you believe otherwise.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2003, 02:54 PM »
Oh yes, I forgot that the Clone Wars line is the hottest selling line on the toy market right now. That's why after a Target clearance, I can still find stacks of Wave 1 on the pegs. Whew, yes it is definately the most popular toy line available right now. Just watch em fly off the shelves....

Ah, snotty sarcasm! :o
Spin it any way you like but please don't give me crap about how Hasbro blew it by overproducing yet another new series of figures. This is nothing new. It has nothing to do with the popularity of the line but more the lack of common sense and over estimateing the popularity of particular figures on Hasbro's part. I doubt that this problem of over abundance won't persist with the last seven figures.

Walk into any retail store and ask the manager how Star Wars sells, it is not a popular line. It does well enough to squeak by, but when you can still find POTJ and Midnight-Madness Saga figures on the pegs, something must be amiss.

Knowing several people who are in the know as far as retail sales goes (God knows I'm not), I can honestly say that a manufacturer isn't going to keep pumping monies into a line, no matter what it is, if  it is not turning a significant profit. And cetainly not for decades at a time if the line is just "squeeking by".

Sorry to hear that you are sitting on so many old pegwarmers, that's certainly not the case here... yet! Nothing older than Pilot Jango's. What else can I say other than it sucks to be in your geographical location?  

If you're so sure these two lines are hot sellers, then prove it to ME. I figured it was pretty much common sense that these lines arent as popular as 80% of the other toys available.

Again, you throw numbers at me with no real way to back them up and even go as far as trying to avoid the question by asking another question. That's a load of bunk.

This line may not be as popular as other lines. But this line has what very few other lines have; Staying power. All the proof I can offer is a comparison between SW and Simpsons. When a new case assortment comes out in the SW line it is gone as soon as it hits the shelf. Sure the same could be said for the Simpsons for a while, but not any more. Again, this comes back to staying power.

I still love the "kiddie-junk" line. Hilarious! No matter how you try to slice it buddy, every single figure released by Hasbro is mainly for kids. Sure, they admit that they FOCUS on collectors, but they are still kids toys. If they weren't, then they wouldnt worry about making them as safe for kids. Matrix toys are filled to the brim with choking hazards, why? Because they aren't marketed to little kids. Star Wars figures are choking hazard free. Why? Because they are marketed to "kiddies" as much as adults.

First off; I am glad I could amuse you. And secondly; I am not your buddy.

No! Every single figure Hasbro makes is NOT for kids. Thus the "Fan's Choice" figures. They may be toys, but they are certainly not just "kids toys". Ephant Mon was for kids? Removable head Jango and Vader for kids? Tarkin, Slave Leia, Amananman, Aylas Secura, Barris Offee were for kids??? Judging by the play features and gadgets added with some of these figures Hasbro was hoping to sell them to the kids, as well as collectors, but they were not made with kids in mind. If you honestly believe that you are fooling yourself, not me. Now, you know as well as I do that the SW line has had, and always will have, choking hazards, save a few figures here and there. Hasbro would love nothing more for kids to get into SW the way I did in 77 when I was 10. They want to suck more in for the long haul the way they did with you and I. But it's not happening. Most kids today have the attention spans of lint and go through fads like underwear.

Yet another case of fanboyism. If someone doesnt like it, its crap, "kiddie-junk" or other. So yeah, I do take offense when you more or less insult people because of the items they are interested in, I take offense when some fanboy calls me out of touch, when I've grown up on Star Wars and collected figures since I was a toddler. I have seen nearly every Star Wars figure vintage and new on shelves, and I can rightfully say that through my years of collecting, I have witnessed the current lines selling much worse than any of the other lines before them.  And, well, the SAGA line and the CLONE WARS line have NOT been around 30 years, fanboy. I did not say ANYTHING about the other lines. Read my post next time.

First off let me address your "fanboy" and "fanboyism" issues. You know the way you say it is almost offensive to me... Almost.  Anyway, I collect most of the single carded figures, some of the ships, and some of the unleashed line. I touch nothing else. I loved Star Wars before it became commonly known as "A New Hope", loved Empire and didn't care much for Jedi, Phantom or even Clones. I don't have a Picture on my wall, car, headboard, or dresser of anything SW related.  As a matter of fact the only other thing SW I own is a custom made lightsaber I got from a friend a couple years ago. I don't know about you but I would associate "fanboyism" and being a "fanboy" with only the truest of true diehard Star Wars fans... Which I am clearly not. And again, I point out thwe fact that you say that like it's supposed to be a bad thing. If anyone should be offended it should be the real fanboys who may read this. I don't think you're one of 'em.

On to the "offense" issue; It wasn't my intention to insult anyone. I just feel very strongly about Hasbro bastardizing SW the way they did Flashman. I mean Batman. Star Wars has survived for thirty years without significant toon figures, save for the droids line. I don't begrudge anyone there figures. Just keep the toon stuff a completely seperate entity from the standard Star Wars line. I have no problems if the toon Clone Wars figures can be handled as well as the Droids line back in the eighties.

And not sure when you last checked, but Star Wars figures are right down or across the aisle from Power Rangers and Simpsons. I guess that's where they belong though, since THEY ARE ALSO KIDS TOYS! And you are out of touch if you believe otherwise.

Yesterday! I just checked yesterday. And you're quite right, they are with the rest of the toys, as they should be. I never said they weren't toys or even implied that they belonged somewhere else. Like  I said before, these are collectors toys that Hasbro hopes to sell to some kids along the way. Nothing more.

I see nothing wrong with a good public debate but please, if you can't loose the attitude I simply won't respond to you in the forum. I will however be happy to discuss this on your level via PM or email.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 04:50 PM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2003, 03:45 PM »
OK, everyone's gotten their two cents in on the issue, so let's try to get back to the topic at hand here please - the Clone Wars animated figures.  Some people like them, some don't.  Some are concerned they'll take valuable peg space away from Saga, some don't think so.  We've all got different opinions on things - it's cool.   :-*

P.S.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a fanboy!   ;)   8)

- Matt
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 03:45 PM by JediMAC »

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 11:06 AM »
I totally just got scolded by the man. :-[
My apologies Matt, it won’t happen in the forums again.  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 04:48 PM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2003, 11:38 AM »
This is the first time I have ever seen the 2nd wave of these figures, and they look awesome!  Dooku looks perfect, and it's great we'll be getting another Clone Trooper figure.  Wonder how it will look with the others that have already been made.  Hope I can find ANY of these in stores some day.
dustrho

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2003, 09:04 PM »
I think I will be purchasing a clone or two from the line, just because I like the stylized anime look that they hve to them.

With these, I look at them like the 12" Dolls. They arent for everyone. One or two may look good to me, but some one who likes dolls may think all of them are grand.

Its a matter of choice really.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2003, 11:13 AM »
I agree, i really hope i do find these in stores also.  I think we all will.  Hopefully, but i do feel that the force is strong with this one.  We will find them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 9, 2003, 04:43 PM »
Hasbro now has their own images put up of Clone Wars - Animated (Wave 2).  Check them out here:

Clone Wars Animated Figures - Wave 2

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 11:08 AM »
i dont know about you guys but i am really looking forward to these animated figures, i think they are cool looking after taking a good look at them for a while. :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 09:47 AM »
Although I know some people really dislike these figures, I was fortunate enough to find an animated Obi-Wan this past weekend, and I really like these figures.  They are something different, to be sure, but still cool in their own way.  I really hope to be able to locate all of the figures in the two waves, but for now its just my lonely Obi :).  One thing I really like about these figures are their cards.  Although it might not work great for the regular line, they are really neat for this line....with the big picture of the character on the side of the bubble...they really do stand out.  I could spot the Obi Wan hanging on the peg from a ways away because of the card and bubble alone.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing some animated-style OT figures, if they ever do a cartoon of those characters some day.  Just something different to collect I guess.  But, at the same time, I am with those that say they don't want them taking up shelf space from basic, (especially OT) figures.  Those are still #1 with me :).

Offline BidderFett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2004, 01:35 PM »
What stores are selling the animated clone wars?
I heard they were only at Target.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2004, 02:00 PM »
yea it is a Target exclusive, probably Comic Shops and other individual stores will probably have them, but i havent seen any at all!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Found this at Galactic Hunter today...

The case assortment for Clone Wars Wave 2...

-------------------------------------

850030004 Animated Figures Wave 2

852160000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ANAKIN X 2  
852170000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE OBI-WAN X 1
852180000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE CLONE TROOPER X 1
852190000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ASAJJ VENTRESS X 2
852200000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DOOKU X 2
852210000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DERGE BOUNTY HUNTER X 1
852220000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE YODA X 2
852230000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE MACE X 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------

More proof that Hasbro has NO idea what they are doing.

The Clone Trooper is 1x per case?  WTH?  
Durge is 1x per case?  Huh?

Either Hasbro is stupid or they don't have a big role in Part 2 of the series at ALL.  Anakin and Asajj must be major players in the Part 2 to stay at 2x per case.

Would it have been so hard to do 2x the new figures and 1x the wave 1 figures???  Or what about ZERO Mace/Obi-Wan and an Extra Yoda and Clone?

*sigh*

At least I live by 1,000,000 Targets so I'll probably end up with them.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender