Author Topic: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures  (Read 35799 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2004, 02:29 PM »
Anyone know if there are plans on releasing different color clones at some point?  Possibly the Arc Trooper which made quite a few appearances in different colors?

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2004, 08:11 PM »
just picked up the second wave today, finally and have to say these will do nicely in my collection.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2004, 10:09 PM »
Anyone know if there are plans on releasing different color clones at some point?  Possibly the Arc Trooper which made quite a few appearances in different colors?

Not that I heard of, not even speculation of a Wave 3.  Who know's though with the next episodes coming back on Cartoon Network it might just happen.  I sure hope so.  Feelings seemed to be mixed on this line, but I think they are top notch from the card design to the figure likeness.  

The role of the critic, anyone can fill.  So there will always be someone complaining about a saber or other accesory, I say kudos to Hasbro for getting these right, really right. :D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2004, 01:34 AM »
Glad to see there's an even packed case for this wave out. Good good.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Well here in Indy it looks like Durge is a peg warmer. I have been to several Targets in the area and Durge is filling the pegs.
I bet Yoda is the #1 most wanted followed by the Clonetrooper then Dooku.

Poor Durge, he sucks.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2004, 04:10 PM »
I picked up Yoda and the Clone today. Yoda, while a complete rip-off at the $7 price point, is still my favorite figure out of the series and I doubt that will change when I get around to getting Dooku and Durge. Obi-Wan comes in at #2.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 4, 2004, 07:46 PM »
No store anywhere near me sell animated CLone wars. Gonna have to resort to online shopping. *shuders*
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 4, 2004, 07:56 PM »
No store anywhere near me sell animated CLone wars. Gonna have to resort to online shopping. *shuders*

Its called Target Sir.

I can take you, if you want to go.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #53 on: February 4, 2004, 08:21 PM »
"Stay on Target"  ;D
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 5, 2004, 02:37 PM »
850030004 Animated Figures Wave 2 This is not correct. I took this number to my Target this morning and the stocker told me this is the Hardware Department number.

Yeah, that number is NOT the Target DPCI number for the animated figures, but it is the markings on that particular case.  Keep in mind that the galactichunter report came from a foriegn e-tailer who probably got them from the factory and had nothing to do with Target.  

The numbers listed next to each figure in that post are the UPC item number for each figure.

Anyway, I can confirm today that there are in fact TWO different case assortments shipping.  

I saw them both today at a Target store in MN.  The first is in fact the blended case, but there is also another case with an even 3 of each figure from wave 2.

So, to clear it up, your Target may get either of the cases, but both of the assortments DO exist.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #55 on: February 5, 2004, 08:08 PM »
I've been going out every other day or so trying to find these, and I haven't had any luck finding them.  Other people in my area have found these already, but most have said they were in pretty banged-up shape (bubbles crushed, cards bent, etc).  Has anyone else found these in bad shape?  I'm actually surprised about this because these seem to be stronger cards and bubbles than regular figures.   ???
dustrho

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 5, 2004, 08:15 PM »
I have seen Anakin, Asajj, Obi-Wan, and Mace at Target and they werent selling to well, they were there for about a week. Havent been back since, but i wonder why they arent doing to good here in Nor Cal.  But i havent seen Wave 2 yet.  But i am gonna keep my eye out for that Trooper! ::)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2004, 10:37 AM »
I found a single Wave 2 figure this past weekend (Dooku), and he was on a pretty bent up card.  I bought it anyways, because I don't care about card condition too much, since I'm an opener.  Otherwise, I haven't seen any of Wave 2 yet, but they must have been there at one point.  I think there was like 2 each of Anakin, Obi, Mace, and maybe 3 of Assaj on the pegs as well.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2004, 11:22 PM »
I Still havent found these single wave 2 carded figure yet!!!!! Where are they all going, we are still full of the Wave 1 figures!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Coles notes request: do these fit any star cases?  I just got wave 2 from Matt (A) and they are amazing.  I want to keep these versions carded and would like to protect them, if at all possible.  Very, very neat looking.  The regular CW versions fit a nice transition point in my display, but these would look out of place in the collection so I think I'll keep these carded.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.