Author Topic: The Simpsons: The TV Show  (Read 13302 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
The Simpsons: The TV Show
« on: October 30, 2003, 09:52 AM »
How bizarre would that be...only in America

Fox nearly sued itself over 'Simpsons' parody: Matt Groening

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Fox Suing The Simpsons???
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 09:58 AM »
I particulary like the following:

"Now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news," he said.

How stupid are the viewers who think anything on The Simpsons is real?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 09:59 AM »
Hey, let's use Ruppert Murdoch's money to sue his most successful show!  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 10:42 AM »
This just in D'oh!  ;D

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 11:02 AM »
Parody and satire MUST be stopped.

(And sarcasm, too.)
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 12:14 PM »
"Now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news," he said.

This sets up a good joke about Fox News, but I'll simply refrain.  :)  I just wondered if anyone else saw this wonderful opportunity presented?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 03:33 PM »

This sets up a good joke about Fox News, but I'll simply refrain.  :)  I just wondered if anyone else saw this wonderful opportunity presented?
Non-verbal gesture here...  ;)

If a cartoon new-crawl could be confusing to viewers... Fox better stop airing half of the movies in their line up...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 03:35 PM »
IE. these stand out on Fox's schedule :

THE ANIMAL  Friday, November 14 at 8PM7C  
   When a man is critically injured in a car accident, a deranged scientist secretly uses animal organs to rebuild him. Everything is going great until his animal instincts start taking over his body.

DIE HARD  Sunday, December 28 at 7:30PM/6:30C  
   John McClane (Bruce Willis) a New York City policeman is visiting his estranged wife for the holidays when the party in the headquarters of the Japanese-owned business she works for is taken over by terrorists and everyone in it. He soon realizes that there's no one to save the hostages -- but him.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
The Simpsons: The TV Show
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2004, 02:33 PM »
3 cheers for the show that is STILL the best show on the boob tube!

I laugh at least 3 times an episode which is better than most shows out there right now
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Comic Book Guy's name is....
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Jeff Albertson. Who would have thought the Simpsons would ever reveal a name in this lackluster fashion??? So far the rest of the episode aint that great either.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Book Guy's name is....
« Reply #10 on: February 7, 2005, 12:10 AM »
How much do you want to bet that the writers never mention his name again?

That whole episode stunk (Remember when celebrity guests actually MEANT something and helped the show?), and American Dad wasn't that great either.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 7, 2005, 12:34 AM »
How much do you want to bet that the writers never mention his name again?

That whole episode stunk (Remember when celebrity guests actually MEANT something and helped the show?), and American Dad wasn't that great either.

Yea I do. What I want to know is why after all these years they gave him a name?? I mean what in the hell was it going to do for the show in general??? He will always be known as Comic Book Guy, not Jeff Albertson. ::)

Oh and the whole episode sucked. I mean the part with the Flanders making a movie like Passion of the Christ wasfunny, but the whole Homer bit totally sucked. And I agree with the part of the stars. Just having a bunch of random sports stars with no real meaning is stupid, espcially when you have to really try to come up with something funny for them to do. Whatever happened to the great episodes like Burn's Softball team, now that was a great episode!! :-[ They really just need to cancel that show. Put it out of it's misery.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #12 on: February 7, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Man... a little harsh there, don't you think?  Cancel the show??

I thought the CBG thing was hilarious.  I mean, they did choose their biggest venue possible to reveal it.  And it was like... "How are they going to weasel out of giving his name this time... ACK!!!!" It was funny because it shattered TV convention... like if they'd just have Vera walk into the bar on Cheers one random episode.

The sports thing wasn't realized as well as it could have been, but I got some decent chuckles out of it.  And I laughed out loud at least 3 or 4 times.  Not the best episode, but certainly no stinker.  So far I've enjoyed this year's season much better than the two before it.  I think they're on a roll.

American Dad was pretty lame.  I mean, it was like "Let's do Family Guy, but instead of a talking dog we'll have a talking fish AND a talking alien."  It felt forced.  There were a couple laughs, but not enough for 30 minutes.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: February 7, 2005, 01:11 AM »
I agree with Bill, I thought the new Simpson episode was an ok episode, nothing great but certainly not horrible. The Homer-related sports antics did seem a bit dull after a while, but I found the Flanders' movies to be hilarious despite all the previews I read sayng that storyline had nothing to add to the episode.

As for American Dad, I felt it was really bad. It was like taking Family Guy and doing Family Guy again, but with lameass jokes. I actually stopped watching it after the first commercial, better things to watch, like Stargate.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 7, 2005, 08:03 AM »
Cancel the Simpsons??? Not going to happen.  A bad Simpsons episode is still better than half the drek on TV.  It'll be off the air when Groening decides he doesn't want to do it anymore.

As for the episode, I didn't watch it.  Watched the post game shows and then passed out.
Common sense isn't so common