Author Topic: What's spinning?  (Read 268112 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: What's spinning?
« Reply #1065 on: April 25, 2006, 05:14 PM »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 12:36 AM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 26, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Borrowed Gorillaz - Demon Days off of a friend so I've got that and my Godsmack CDs currently in the CD player.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 26, 2006, 08:21 PM »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #1068 on: April 26, 2006, 11:05 PM »
Currently:

Had this on in the car earlier:

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 27, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Borrowed Gorillaz - Demon Days off of a friend so I've got that and my Godsmack CDs currently in the CD player.

Picked up the new G-Smack CD yesterday and loaded it onto my iPod.  Funny thing, iTunes did not recognize the CD and I had to label everything myself.  Best Buy has an exclusive "hidden" song called Safe & Sound

Definite must-hear songs: The Enemy, Shine Down, Bleeding Me, Temptation

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:16 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 27, 2006, 01:21 PM »

Picked up the new G-Smack CD yesterday and loaded it onto my iPod.  Funny thing, iTunes did not recognize the CD and I had to label everything myself.  Best Buy has an exclusive "hidden" song called Safe & Sound

Definite must-hear songs: The Enemy, Shine Down, Bleeding Me, Temptation

I really loved the first album and the second was decent and the acoustic album was great as well but they are starting to get hung up into the "every song sounds the same" syndrome.  Its okay for a band to have there own sound and style but from what I have heard on this album all starting to sound repetitive.  I eventually plan on picking it up and I hope my theories are wrong because they are incredibly talented musicians.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 27, 2006, 03:52 PM »
I really loved the first album and the second was decent and the acoustic album was great as well but they are starting to get hung up into the "every song sounds the same" syndrome.  Its okay for a band to have there own sound and style but from what I have heard on this album all starting to sound repetitive.  I eventually plan on picking it up and I hope my theories are wrong because they are incredibly talented musicians.

Original thoughts on G-Smack's IV:

They have their traditional hard rock tracks likes Speak, The Enemy, No Rest For The Wicked, & Temptation.  All kick-ass songs, but expected G-Smack sound.

It's the other songs that will please or bore the fans.  Shine Down has some major harmonica in it, and a different melody for G-smack.  Hollow is the standard haunting, mystery song, but includes a great background vocal of Lisa Guyer.  Bleeding Me is a great hard rock song, but not something you would expect to hear from G-smack.  Voodoo Too is not as good as the original, but a great track nonetheless.  Definitely has the Voodoo vibe tho. 

Still listening to songs like Mama & One Rainy Day.  Best rockers are no doubt Speak & Temptation.

I posted earlier that I was listening to Buckcherry's 15.  After a good week of non-stop listening, the album is excellent.  The band has cleaned up their sound, but still have the typical "**** everything" attitude known to Buckcherry.  Josh Todd does a great job with the vocals for the fast, up-tempo songs as well as the slow, melodic songs.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 27, 2006, 07:45 PM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1073 on: April 28, 2006, 11:44 AM »

(Mr. Young's new anti-war pro-no war album, streaming for free on his website starting today.  Getting hammered right now, though.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:21 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1074 on: April 28, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Yeah, I listened to the first song last night before my internet connection got lost (******* Mediacom bull****) and I've been trying to get back on this morning, and it's exactly like Sideshow's site right now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1075 on: April 28, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Yeah, I listened to the first song last night before my internet connection got lost (******* Mediacom bull****) and I've been trying to get back on this morning, and it's exactly like Sideshow's site right now.

Try this.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 28, 2006, 06:15 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1077 on: April 28, 2006, 11:42 PM »

Try this.

Thanks much.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1078 on: April 29, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Sure thing.

I listened to the album in it's entirety earlier today, and I couldn't believe my ears!  Who knew Neil Young was of such a political mind?

By the way, this album has been given a May 9 release date.  News of the album first surfaced about two weeks ago--giving it about a one-month span between going into the studio and releasing it to retail.  Pretty amazing in this day and age.  Something (or somebody) sure must have set him off. . .

:-X

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 29, 2006, 12:34 AM »