Author Topic: Official Custom Star Wars Gear!  (Read 2863 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Official Custom Star Wars Gear!
« on: November 5, 2003, 02:20 PM »
http://custom.starwars.com/photoalbumgeneric.asp?View=LaunchPage

You can now order official customer Star Wars swag! Currently available are glossy prints (from 8x10 to 20x30), mugs, mousepads, coasters, license plates and other cool stuff.

I've already ordered some Clone Wars cartoon prints, cant wait for them to arrive! These would be cool to get autographed by the voice and art talents for the toon.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Official Custom Star Wars Gear!
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2003, 03:12 PM »
Interesting stuff. I am not sure if I will get anything but the idea of having it for autos is a good idea.

20% off for Hyperspace members. I have not join the HyperSpace yet, I may this week just so I can see the Clone Wars Cartoon in High Rez.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2003, 04:01 PM »
Pretty cool idea!  I don't see the license plates anywhere within their options though.  The larger shot of this thumbnail is definitely my favorite picture that they've currently got available:

8)

Oddly enough, I've never seen this particular shot before.  Nice!  I wonder if they'll put out any other items than just the 5 they've already mentioned.  Any other ideas on what would work well?

EDIT:  Looks like there's just a very few select pictures that qualify for their license plates.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2003, 04:06 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2003, 04:14 PM »
Yeah, you cant get all of the items with all of the photos. I think the prints are the only thing that you can get with every single photo. Possibly the mousepad as well.

I'm really happy with starwars.com "merchandise" so far. I hopped in and got some of the Screen Themes wallpapers, and they are absolutely phenomenal! Very cool software; hopefully they will have Clone Wars images sometime.

The 20% off deal for Hyperspace members is an awesome deal. Spend $100 and you already covered your membership!

Ill post comments and reviews once the prints arrive

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 03:51 PM »
I ordered a set of the Clone Wars Cartoon Prints (8X10 Matte).
I received them today in the mail. The qualtiy is not really that great. Very Pixalated. I think I could of just downloaded the images from the net and printed them myself.

Well, anyways the prints are nice to have. I will most likely frame them or put them in a book.

...and if at a convention some of the people are there who did the cartoon I will have them autograph them.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 07:11 PM »
Same problem here, I also ordered the Clone Wars cartoon images. Some were top notch, others were horrible.

Here's my review from RS:

Since I bought all 12 Clone Wars cartoon photos, Ill go through each and describe any problems:

Yoda: Would have been my favorite, but is the most obviously pixelated. All lines are jagged, and look very "computery".

Anakin and Clones: Pretty good quality, slight pixelation in spots, you need to be looking for it

Asajj Ventress: About as bad as Yoda

Battle Droids: Cant see pixelation from a normal distance, on par with Anakin and Clones

Clone Troopers: Not as bad as Yoda or Asajj, but a bit worse that Battle Droids and Anakin and Clones

Dooku: About the same as Clone Troopers. Middle of the road, not very noticeable.

Defense Team: Very good, pixelation hardly noticeable, only visible in certain spots

Durge: About as bad as Yoda and Asajj

Jedi Heroes: Good quality, on par with Defense Team

Jedi Heroines: Probably the best one of the bunch, pixelation only noticeable in very minute areas.

Palpatine: About the same as Dooku

Republic Forces: Also very good, almost as good as Jedi Heroines, better quality than Jedi Heroes or Defense Team

It seems like only the characters are pixelated, the backgrounds (if there are any) are clean and crisp.

Im more upset about the creased corners than anything; they should take better care in shipping their stuff

I'd love to use these as autograph fodder though. I have Genndy Tartakovsky's and Paul Ruddish's autos, but I want more artists and the voice talents