Author Topic: Outlander Club Wave (Skethctrooper, Bail, Vida etc)  (Read 14274 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bail Organa wave is OUT!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 04:58 PM »
Is the ankle articulated David?  Otherwise the leg would be on backwards...weird

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01 PM »
No the ankle is not articulated.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2003, 05:56 PM »
Found in SC,could only get the stormtrooper :-\
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2003, 03:53 PM »
I just found Janus and Bail at Target. Unfortunately, I got there a little late thanks to a pressing engagement in Burbank involving a sweaterless collector and Underoos. ::)

Is the ankle articulated David?  Otherwise the leg would be on backwards...weird

It's just the THIGH that's on backwards, not the shin. Don't forget about that lovely knee articulation.
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2003, 03:55 PM »
Unfortunately, I got there a little late thanks to a pressing engagement in Burbank involving a sweaterless collector and Underoos. ::)

You forgot about the tickling John...   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 01:22 AM »
I haven't heard of these hitting the St. Louis area yet.  I can't wait to connect that bar!

:P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 02:03 PM »
What a surprise to find on my desk today!!  My EE order came (I didn't even know it had been shipped).  These figures are s-w-e-e-t!!  My Aaya has the correct legs (thank goodness) and the Stormtrooper looks so cool!!
I also have two Padme's with decent paint jobs so all in all...a nice day!!

PS:  I now have an extra Bail and Dignitary if anyone needs these guys. Oh and an Ashla and Jempa too!!
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 02:14 PM »
Got these earlier this week.  Very nice stuff!  I opened everything, and I'm pretty happy with it all.

The bar is a great piece.  I've got Obi-Wan and Elan talking, Lt. Faytonni chatting up Ayy Vida, Anakin walking around aimlessly, and Zam sneaking up on Obi-Wan.  A cool little scene right there.

Padme's nice, although her hood is a little snug.  I got it on a little to well, and when I tried to take it off, her head came off, too.  Thank goodness for balljoints.

Bail makes a great addition to my Palpatine's office scene.  It's nice to get him in there.

The dignitary is paying his respects to the Emporer while keeping a couple of steps back from both Palpatine and the re-issue Vader.  I think they really got a grasp on the scale issue here finally.

Last but not least, my 2 McQuarrie Stormtroopers are ready for battle, with shields and weapons at the ready.  The glowing lightsabers are a novel touch.  You just have to expose them to some light for a little while, and then let them sit in the dark.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
BAIL ORGANA WAVE = A+ rating!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 12:52 AM »
I got these bad boys today in the mail, and YES they are awesome.  Oh boy, where do I start...

Concept Stormtrooper - pretty darn cool, don't plan on getting too many of these though since they don't look like that in the movie

Ayy Vida - a fun addition to the bar scene, nice little chair she comes with and adds more variety to the line

Imperial Dignitary - dead on sculpt, nice articulation in the arms/wrists, about time they made this guy

Bail Organa - dead on likeness, nice holo Obi Wan (wish he could be taken off the pedestal though); glad he has articulated wrists

Homestead Padme - a collector oriented figure of course; a little boring, but good likeness and nice little tummy you have there; I do like the ball-jointed head

Elan Sleazebaggano - AWESOME sculpting here, great idea including part of the bar and death sticks, a great addition to the line

Obi Wan - the absolute BEST Obi Wan yet, articulated at the neck, waist, knees, boots, right wrist, and ball jointed shoulders; great idea including part of the bar, too bad he has a sculpted lightsaber hilt, but it can probably be removed with relative ease with a dremel

Overall, this is a great wave of figures.  It includes 7 NEW figures, and a pack-in of Ashla and Jempa again.  They probably should have just added another Obi Wan instead of Ashla and Jempa, or instead repacked a figure like removable helmet Vader again instead.  But this wave ROCKS.  I hope you all get it soon!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: BAIL ORGANA WAVE = A+ rating!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2003, 12:29 AM »
I like this wave, although I don't have Ayy and Elan yet. I keep pulling the head off of my Padme everytime I take the cloak off. Curses.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2003, 04:41 PM »
Picked up this wave from EE this morning (I'm being lazy in store hunting :) ) - this wave is AWESOME, totally agree.

One word of warning though - I opened up a McQ Stromtrooper, and the joint on his right arm broke when I tried to swivel it! It's hanging by a shred of plastic now. First time it's ever happened to me. Going to have to krazy glue it now. :(

J

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2003, 05:12 PM »
I've only found Bail and Janus so far, but both of these figures are very well done.  I really hope to find Obi and the Concept Stormie soon, both of those figures look great as well.  Seems to be a really good wave of figures :).

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2003, 08:42 PM »
I bought Obi Wan today, and this is without a doubt my favorite PT figure so far.  I'm a huge Obi fan so to see this kind of attention devoted (finally) to the master is much appreciated.  Now all I need is a robed Obi with this much articulation and I'm happy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2003, 12:16 AM »
Yep, that Obi Wan is fantastic.  I'm thinking about doing a right hand swap with a Rebel Fleet Trooper if I find a second Obi Wan anytime soon. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2003, 12:24 AM »
There were two there when I found him and I really considered buying one to customize a robed version, which would be simple enough.  I've already done that with the Ep1 robed version, so I passed.  For now.  ;D