Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51802 times)

SilverZ

Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #105 on: April 2, 2004, 01:40 AM »
Well, another winner with Chapter 15 - from a certain point of view. More great fun with the characters and dialog is what did it for me. Yoda using the Jedi Mind Trick on Captain Typho, with Typho repeating in Yoda-speak is fantastic, actually funny without being blatant. This is superior writing for all of the characters, again. What's getting a bit redundant is the lightsaber acrobatics and droid smashing, however.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #106 on: April 2, 2004, 01:50 AM »
Great stuff. Can't wait until this shows on DVD and I can watch them in 5.1. Assuming it's mixed that way, anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 2, 2004, 09:25 AM »
I really enjoyed last night's episode as well, the Yoda/Typho part was funny.  It was nice to see more of the droids and Padme too.  I really think that they are doing a great job with this micro series overall.  Sure, things can be a bit over the top sometimes, but I've been able to look past that just because the rest is so well done.  I really hope they release the series on DVD soon.  Hopefully this isn't the last we will see of Star Wars in animated form either.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 2, 2004, 08:04 PM »
i thought it was weird seeing mace windu smiling in episode 13.  you never see him smile in the movies  ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 2, 2004, 08:10 PM »
Wait till you see the rest of the Chapters!  ;D   8)  Don't miss them!  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 3, 2004, 01:33 PM »
I've watched the series online since I always forget about TV. I've enjoyed the new episodes so far, with 13 being my least favorite (Like Jesse said, Mace over using the Force along with the weapon of mass destruction. I can't wait for the last 4 episodes and the DVD. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 6, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Keeps getting better all the time!  ;D

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 6, 2004, 01:03 PM »
chapter 17 was crazy. I thought it was really cool seeing the clone troopers thrown about.  The part that ruined that episode was when ANakin says something like "something's not right, i can feel it." I felt like saying "No ****? you just saw that clones helmet roll by!"

SilverZ

« Reply #113 on: April 6, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Heh, exactly my thought too. Anakin may be the Chosen One, but that doesn't make him the brightest star in the universe, I guess.

Well 18 is up. Two words:

Steaming Lightsabers

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #114 on: April 6, 2004, 09:03 PM »
Overall the eps have been nice. I really liked Chapter 3 with the ARC troopers.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 6, 2004, 10:48 PM »
cant find 18 on the net yet.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #116 on: April 6, 2004, 11:32 PM »
Ch 18 was pretty cool!
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 7, 2004, 08:33 AM »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #118 on: April 7, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Sweet.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: April 8, 2004, 12:12 AM »
2 video game "bogarts" from Clone Wars...

-First, in one of the ARC Trooper episodes, the one troop raises his rifle and there's a "click click" sound, which sounds like someone "Lock and Loading" a weapon...  Anyone know the sound I mean?

This was actually a soundbite from the original Dark Forces game from WAY back when.  Took it direct and put it in Clone Wars.  Cooooool homage to a great game.

-Second is the steaming lightsabers...  Or I think it is personally.  In Jedi Academy (the last Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game), there's several duels you perform as the main character in rain ranging from thunderstorms to downpours that go from a dead stop to light to heavy.  The sizzling lightsaber is exactly the same...  I think they pulled that from the game personally...  Otherwise it's just an eeerie coincidence. :)

Anyway, onto my impressions of the Anakin/Assajj episodes...

I'll keep this short, but basically I enjoyed them.  A bit much at times with the hopping around and things, but that appears to be a theme to the Clone Wars.  Lots of over-the-top Jedi action...  Use of force powers beyond the films, etc...

It's neat, but the Assajj/Anakin fight came into its own in the last episode when he offed her using the darkside.  GREAT climax.  Great enemy pawn character.  Great effects to show him "turning" and using his dark powers.  Great death for Assajj.  Great weather effects with the thunderstorm to set the mood.

This episode, in and of itself, embodies Star Wars, and the hype that SHOULD circle Episode III.

Great stuff, and a great way to show Anakin's not just disobeying orders, but he's also acting out on his dark emotions now...  Anger's going beyond vengeance for a loved one, but to all out rage when fighting his enemies.  Overpowering them as Luke overpowerd Vader himself at the end of ROTJ.

This is right up there as the best episode of the series.  Can't wait for the last two, to see if they top it.  Good stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77