Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51797 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Yes they are showing them all.

The series WILL eventually be continued in the form of half-hour 3-D animated episodes (presumably three-dimensional computer animation like Pixar or Final Fantasy). I don't know of a precise date, but I doubt it will be sooner than a year or two.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2005, 01:12 AM »
Incase they really never wind up making a new star wars movie again they should do a cartoon movie cause these toons are awesome .. either that or do a star wars movie thats cgi like final phantasy the movie .
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Just seeing this new packaging for the next series of Attacktix, with a Stormtrooper and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise on the outside...in animated form, it kind of reminded me of the same type of style of the Clone Wars series.  Part of me wouldn't mind seeing a cartoon set in the OT time period, although I might be in the minority with that.  Here's a pic (from RS):

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2006, 06:41 PM »
I can't believe I never saw seaon 2 till today. Man, that was some hell of a season! I love the stuff that leads into ROTS. And they should've used the cartoon voice of Grievous for te movie; I thought he stunk in ROTS. :P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Yeah, his voice in the cartoon rocked!
In rots it sucked.

I think they should have had more coruscant and less nelvaan though.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I've been re-watching the Clone Wars series on DVD this week while I'm running on the treadmill, and its really bringing back how much I enjoyed it.  I agree, I liked the Grievous voice in the series as well, and wouldn't have minded seeing that in the movie too.  The whole CW series just really seems to get the overall "feel" of Star Wars, in some cases better than the prequels (well, the first two anyways).  I know its on tap to start up again in 2007/2008, but with a different team/animation/etc.  I hope it is as good as this "micro series" was.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:05 PM by Brian »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2006, 04:08 AM »
I have those same feelings and fears about the series coming up Brian...  I worry it's not gonna live up to my expectations much the way E1 was a flop when compared to the classic trilogy's quality overall.

My love of the toons is unending though, they were done well.  Especially if you were able to watch them with that feeling they were stories being retold with exagerration and things, but based in the truth (if that makes sense).  They were just great fun and excitement then...

I remember watching every episode when it premeered and getting all anxious waiting for it to come on...  It was fantastic.  Everything from the goofy Separatist General in the trenches to the fast-paced action of Grievious stealing Palpatine...  There was just a ton of great stuff int here.

Even the episodes that stood alone (not my favorites) were still great...  The Quarren/Mon Cal episode with Fisto was really nice even though it didn't tie to anything...  And the Windu bit where he gives his cloak away like the old Steelers Coke commercial from the 70's.  That stuff's classic to me. :)  I just really hope the new series is able to match that quality.  It's a lot to live up to in my eyes.

Same as I hope the live action TV show is able to parallel the great way that Episode III was done.  If it was done half as well as say Deep Space 9 or The Next Generation (the last half of the series anyway) I'd say it's got legs to be a hit itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 1, 2006, 12:09 AM »
I only saw the season CN showed when the DVD came out last year, I'm planning on getting the DVDs. From what I remembered the show was pretty good. Hopefully the computer animated version is just as good & includesmore movie voices.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 1, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I have those same feelings and fears about the series coming up Brian...  I worry it's not gonna live up to my expectations much the way E1 was a flop when compared to the classic trilogy's quality overall.

My love of the toons is unending though, they were done well.  Especially if you were able to watch them with that feeling they were stories being retold with exagerration and things, but based in the truth (if that makes sense).  They were just great fun and excitement then...

I remember watching every episode when it premeered and getting all anxious waiting for it to come on...  It was fantastic.  Everything from the goofy Separatist General in the trenches to the fast-paced action of Grievious stealing Palpatine...  There was just a ton of great stuff int here.

Even the episodes that stood alone (not my favorites) were still great...  The Quarren/Mon Cal episode with Fisto was really nice even though it didn't tie to anything...  And the Windu bit where he gives his cloak away like the old Steelers Coke commercial from the 70's.  That stuff's classic to me.   I just really hope the new series is able to match that quality.  It's a lot to live up to in my eyes.

Same as I hope the live action TV show is able to parallel the great way that Episode III was done.  If it was done half as well as say Deep Space 9 or The Next Generation (the last half of the series anyway) I'd say it's got legs to be a hit itself.

That's just how I'm feeling about it Jesse.  It seems like Lucasfilm has really been touting that the new series will be "all CG", and while that might turn out to be great - I wouldn't have minded if they kept the same animation/team as the previous installments.  Like you mentioned in your post, I really looked forward to each chapter and it felt more "Star Warsy" to me than the first two prequels in many respects.  Hopefully the new series will continue on the quality, and we'll get a nice "realistic" sculpted line to go along with it.  I still would have liked to see the Clone Wars line/figures continue, using the designs from the show as inspiration but with realistic "movie" sculpts.  No "frito bandito" Yoda, just have a Yoda with his hood up like on the toon.  Anyways - I'm glad there are more on the way, hopefully it is great once again.