Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51798 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Then again, they're showing all of the new episodes in a row on Saturday.

I have work. :-/

I figured they'd run a marathon of the first season before they started this season, but I guess I was wrong.

Off to walmart tommorow. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2005, 09:16 AM »
I really enjoyed last night's first episode, and although a half hour show would be great...it sure was nice having about 15 minutes to watch instead of 3.  This toon just makes the ARCs and Clones look so....cool....for lack of a better word.  The opening sequence was quite nice, and the rest of the episode was neat as well.  I enjoyed the little Anakin - Qui-Gon moment/flashback as well.  I'm really looking forward to the next episode tonight, and hopefully they won't wait too long to release the DVD of this "season".  Part of me wishes they would make this a regular series, it just seems so well done to me, and I know I'd like to see more.  They do a good job of taking a few liberties to make it "cartoony" without deviating too far from the Star Wars world, or making it seem too silly.  Good stuff.  Picked up the first volume on DVD this morning, oh, and they did have those 3 packs at Wal-Mart as well.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Heres the link to Cartoon Network.

We're sorry, episodes are only available to viewers in North America. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Phhht! Bittorrent, gotta love it!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2005, 01:02 PM »
I was very skeptical of this all during the first run but last nights episode was pretty swell.  My only beef (and as I've said many times before about EU in general) the forcing of OT references and lines in to the story and the like.  It just doesn't need to be there, and while its a nice nod to the OT, it just seems forced more often than not.

Good, good stuff though...I'd be OK with them doing 1/2 to 1 hour specials or the like for the time between Episodes III and IV, I think that would help flesh out that glaring hole left by Lucas.  I still have no idea why he made the PT timeline like he did. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2005, 01:25 PM »
I liked it.  C-3PO's opening of his robe was a little weird, but other than that, pretty damn good.

Need to find some GIJoe / generic army figure weapons that might work to outfit my clonetroopers. 

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Yay for waiting 4 hours to see a 12 minute cartoon. :-\

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Heres the link to Cartoon Network.

We're sorry, episodes are only available to viewers in North America. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Phhht! Bittorrent, gotta love it!  ;D

Umm, last time I checked, Canada is in North America.  Or did my Grade 3 teacher lie to me?

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2005, 07:23 PM »
At first, I got that same "North America" error screen. Torrentspy.com has torrents for 21,22,23. A ton of seeders, too. It's only taking about an hour and a half to download.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2005, 07:30 PM »
I liked it up untill those masked weirdo's showed up. :P

Did anyone spot the Cylon in the first one?

Kevin

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2005, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, those tribal things were wierd.

Decent episode overall. This set up ROTS nicely, I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Good episode tonight...  I liked the idea of seiging shielded cities like that, rather than the fast/furious attacks of the films and stuff...  Another tactic, and neat to show how the war varies.

The battle scenes were good this go-round...  More good clone action.  Greivous/Dooku were cool too.

I'm confused if the battle at the opening was the siege Obi/Ani broke as well...  Same thing, or different?  I dunno.  I liked their leader though, and his exchange with the droid with the macrobinoculars at the beginning.  :)  Very funny.  Another Separatist Leader I guess...

I love this series...  I'd kinda like seeing this continue as well, and with it becoming a half hour series that runs alongside whatever other TV Series the Lucasfilm crew has set up...  Could be really interesting, and both could appeal on different levels I think...  in different ways.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2005, 12:48 PM »
I finally saw episode 21 and all I can say is Wow!  8)

I see the Cartoon Network changed there tune so to speak:

We're sorry, episodes are only available to viewers in the United States. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Guess someone got sent back to school!  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2005, 02:18 PM »
OK, number 22 was interesting. That part with the droid and leader was hilarious. How many?   ;D  Whats with those masked tribal dudes! Ogabooga (sp).

I'm liking what I have seen thus far and really into this line.  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2005, 10:07 AM »
I really enjoyed Chapter 23 last night.  The Anakin/Obi-Wan storyline with the tribe is something different, but has been interesting.  The best part for me was all of the action and battles on Coruscant with various Jedi (Yoda, Mace, Saesee) taking part.  Again, like I've said before, they do a good job makes the ARCs/Clones look "cool" in this series.  There is that one part where the clones seem to be overwhelmed, and one of the commanders takes on a number of Super Battledroids on his own, picking up a fallen troopers' gun and taking them on guns-a-blazin'.  I thought it was neat anyways.  Even my wife said last night while we were watching it "its the kind of show where you don't want it to be over" :).  Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Just finished watching #23. Whoa, gets better and better. I can't wait for my next download, I wish the episodes were longer too. This series really rocks!  8)