Author Topic: Hey! Who's the new guy in yellow?  (Read 4416 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Hey! Who's the new guy in yellow?
« on: November 7, 2003, 10:50 PM »
Jokabofe?  did I spell that correctly?  

Now I admit to not reading the front page very often (crashes my home computer :-\) so if it was announced there, please excuse me.  

Otherwise, welcome new and powerful overlord type. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! Who's the new guy in yellow?
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2003, 10:54 PM »
lol... you made me spit out my drink... thanks for the welcome. i am kinda new to the forums as well to the site, but i hope i can help out wherever i am needed :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2003, 12:13 AM »
Jokabofe?  did I spell that correctly?

Otherwise, welcome new and powerful overlord type. :-*

Watch out for this guy Dave...  He's our resident trouble maker.  Brent's another one of those old-timer Canadians.  He's so senile at his ripe old age that he even roots for the Celtics.  :o  ::)

Oddly enough, I still send him lots of packages for some reason.  Still can't figure out my motivation there...   :-\  I think I'm even due to send him a Shuttle next week.   :P

But yes folks, Dave's the new guy in town - so try to be on your best behavior for a little while 'til he's at least somewhat settled in!  Especially you Bug Boy.  Thanks!   :-*

...and on behalf of the JediDefender staff - welcome aboard jokabofe!  We're glad to have you join the crew...   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2003, 12:37 AM »
Wha.......me? ;D

I'll be nice.  I see no Ewok avatar so he's good.  Not so pleased with the Seahawks deal, but we can't all be Vikings fans.  And it does have GREEN in the logo, so it doesn't suck as much as the Lakers (what round will they choke in this year Matt?). :-*

Shuttle next week?  Holy crap, off to the bank :o

« Last Edit: November 8, 2003, 12:38 AM by Morgbug »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2003, 12:45 AM »
...so it doesn't suck as much as the Lakers (what round will they choke in this year Matt?). :-*

I'd think a smart entomologist like yourself would know not to say dumb things like that until after he gets his new Shuttle from said Laker fan, eh?   ::)

Watch it Mr. Potty Mouth!   :-*

Dave's going to refresh my memory in a moment here as to who his NBA team is.  It's not the Sonics though, I know that much.  He's not even from Seattle, so I find his Seahawk fandom a bit curious...  Care to explain D.?

At least the Seahawks are playing well this year, so you picked a good time to stop by, since we can't talk too much smack about them (yet).  I still think they're playing over their heads and will eventually come back down to earth.  Hopefully that's around the time that my Raiders finally wake up as well!   :-[

EDIT:  OK, looks like Dave's off the hook for the NBA.  Just baseball, football, and hockey.  He's a N.Y. Rangers fan though, so have at 'em!   :D
« Last Edit: November 8, 2003, 12:51 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2003, 12:55 AM »
Hopefully that's around the time that my Raiders finally wake up as well!

2006??? :-*  

I'm certain the only person that's ever called me smart was, well, me.  So I can say whatever I want.  Besides, NBA.com just crashed my 'puter, so I don't even know how the Celtics are doing.  Still can't believe those 80's teams lost to a bunch of white guys that couldn't run or jump.  

BTW, Matt, what is the new theme song for the Lakers this year?  I've heard rumblings about old Elvis tunes, Jailhouse rock or something like that.   ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 8, 2003, 01:28 AM »
Dave's going to refresh my memory in a moment here as to who his NBA team is.  It's not the Sonics though, I know that much.  He's not even from Seattle, so I find his Seahawk fandom a bit curious...  Care to explain D.?

uhmmm, not really much to the story to be honest. back around... 1980? 1981 maybe? i was 10 or 11 and just really getting into sports. at that time, every football team's jersey looked the same. just a bland color with a number. except for seattle. they had this really cool logo on the sleeve. so, they became my team. but they do have a "connection" of sorts to one of my favorite bands... pearl jam :)

EDIT:  OK, looks like Dave's off the hook for the NBA.  Just baseball, football, and hockey.  He's a N.Y. Rangers fan though, so have at 'em!   :D

hey now, i've been a rangers fan for just as long as i've been a seahawks fan. just seems like i don't have any luck with my sports teams. between the rangers and the seahawks, i have... uhmmm.... 1 championship over the past 23 or so years. but hey, at least my new york yankees make up for a little bit of that  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 8, 2003, 02:11 AM »
...but hey, at least my new york yankees make up for a little bit of that  ;D

I guess Nick's gonna like you then.  He's been needing a fellow Yank fan around here, as much as I need a fellow Laker fan!

As for the Seahawks explanation - I thought only girls picked teams based on them having prettier colors or designs than the other teams...   :o   ;D

Sorry.  I should probably let you settle in a little more before I bring the heat like that...   ;)  But you're right, the Seahawks do have a pretty design, not to mention a great Congressman!   :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: November 8, 2003, 02:59 AM »
Just remembered something I wanted to ask you:

Is that just a repro vintage Rocket Fett you've got in your collection, or is it the real deal...?  I'd have to assume the former (just due to it's insane price), which would still be pretty cool.  Where'd you get it?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: November 8, 2003, 03:31 AM »
I see no Ewok avatar so he's good.
:-*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 8, 2003, 09:49 AM »
Just remembered something I wanted to ask you:

Is that just a repro vintage Rocket Fett you've got in your collection, or is it the real deal...?  I'd have to assume the former (just due to it's insane price), which would still be pretty cool.  Where'd you get it?

unfortunately, it is a repro that i bought off of ryan (bantha5) on the 'scum forums. as you said, the insane price of the real thing is a little much for me at this point in life. but it looks damn good, even up close... ryan does great work and is a great guy to deal with. funny story - when i first got that piece, the first thing i did was (of course) put the rocket in the backpack and try to shoot it out. well, to my surprise (and horror) the tab broke right off before i had a chance to fire off the first shot!! i e-mailed ryan asking him how much it would cost me to get it fixed, but he told me to just send it back and he replaced it, free of charge. and if i remember correctly, sent me a free vintage sandtrooper custom torso or two as well. like i said, great guy that ryan :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 8, 2003, 09:50 AM »
...but hey, at least my new york yankees make up for a little bit of that  ;D

As for the Seahawks explanation - I thought only girls picked teams based on them having prettier colors or designs than the other teams...   :o   ;D

gimme a break, i was like 10!!!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: November 8, 2003, 01:46 PM »
unfortunately, it is a repro that i bought off of ryan (bantha5) on the 'scum forums. ... ryan does great work and is a great guy to deal with.

Indeed.  I've heard great things about Ryan, and always dig his impressive work.  Best out there for vintage repros!  Did you pick up one of his Vlix's as well?  Dale (DSJ) here has got one, as does Membraneman.  They speak very highly of his stuff as well.

Either way, it's still a cool piece to own, so even though it's "just" a repro, it's an excellent stand in until you hit the lottery and can get the real thing!  I'm tossing around the idea of picking up a few vintage repros as well, just as "fillers" for the time being, not to mention I'm worried as hell about fakes anyways, so I might as well just buy one I KNOW is fake, and not worry about it.  Just too much right now to go through AFA or Tom Derby's stuff for the legitimate pieces...   :-\

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 9, 2003, 02:10 AM »
Another staff member?  My word!  At least it's not another Matt.

welcome!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 9, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Hey, welcome aboard the JD party train new fella!  The exlcusive yellow color I see.  We'll be expecting big things from you then!   ;D  J/K  I'm sure you'll love the cozy, friendly vibe we've got happening here, so I'm glad to see another person jump into the mix known as Cheers!  Enjoy the site Dave, and I look forward to chatting with you around the boards here.   8)

Grant