Author Topic: What the heck do you want?  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
What the heck do you want?
« on: November 12, 2003, 04:50 PM »
From the Clone Wars line? :)

What more could we be asking for?  I start this topic because, having seen 3 chapters of Clone Wars, I'm geeked to see more and want more toys from this line now.

Here's my wishlist right now:

Basic Figures

-Clone Pilot...  Utilize the Ultra Clone body, and add a new head.  Include the blaster pistol/assault rifle (tiny clone gun) for him incase he gets shot down. :)

-NEW Red Battledroid...  New sculpt with, if possible, more articulation.  I've seen customizers do it.  Use a sturdier plastic, make them in clean and Batlle-damage versions.  Include a rifle and a shoulder-launcher.

-Battledroid COmmander...  Reuse the above sculpt, give him the smaller commander backpack, and a pair of macro-binoculars ala OOM-9.

-Basic Battledroid variants...  Green, Tan, do all the variants of the basic infantry droid.  I know, not seen in the CW toon yet, but they have been seen in other forms of EU, so I'd dig it.  And the tan of course are from E1/Trade Fed.

-New ARC sculpt...  Utilize a lot of the Ultra Clone pieces (As many as possible) and then just retool a little for a new ARC with a soft-goods skirt.  Give him the twin carbines and working holsters with a pair of macro-binocs.  I'd take him in red, blue, and even some other colors if they wanted to offer him up that way.  The more the merrier, cuz I'm not limiting my ARC army to a dozen or less. :)

-Republic Soldiers & Officers...  Yeah, not CW at the moment but there HAS to be sentients running the scenes...  Lt. Faytonni's a good example of that.  Let's see these guys put out en-masse.  A new body sculpt would be great, leave the Faytonni arms and legs as they are.  Just redo that goofy torso.  

And for these guys they get a unique ship.  More on that in the ship section! :)

-Astromech 2-pack...  get the 2 Astro's we saw scrambling with Clone Pilots for their starfighters.

-New Anakin...  I hate the CW Anakin sculpt...  I'd take a new one, with soft goods, more articulation, and a more neutral pose.  One that can fit easily in his fighter and will look good outside it too.

-New Yoda w/Mount from the opening chapter of Clone Wars...  Cloth cloak, sabre, and include his whatever the hell he was on.  :)  A Deluxe perhaps?

-Battledroid Sniper...  Just use the above battledroid's new sculpt/plastic and give him the visor accessory and the rapid-fire sniping blaster they used in Chapter 3.

-Clone Weapons Pack...  Include one ultra-articulated clone (Multiple color variants, NO WHITE clones in this set, just green, blue, red and yellow, and perhaps an EU color like the ARC blue-grey shade).  Includes 2 carbines, a soft-goods ARC skirt/belt, 5 of the long assault rifle (that everyone wants) shoulder-mounted RPG used in Chapter 3 last night, and a sensor/scanning unit.  Grappling hooks would be neat too. :)  I'd put out $10 for all that!  Good way to get us our Colorful clones too, and get us our weapons for our white clones.  

-Quarren Soldier with Trident & blaster...  Simple, articulated, definitely use some soft-goods though so these can pose well!  Clear stands for them to lay on like they're "swimming" would be ideal as well.

-New Super Battledroid...  Reuse most of the April 23rd sculpt/design but retool the right arm so it's articulated to swivel.  That'd suit me fine and I'd built a huge army of those figures.  I already have 20 of them, but I'd take a lot more.

-Neutrally posed Clone with Removable armor...  I dunno why I want that, honestly, but it'd be cool to have one.  It'd be neat to have clones at ease after heavy combat, just chilling and trying to relaxe.  Hell, pack-in the cup Lt. Faytonni had.  They're even having cocktails. :)

-Mon Calamari Trooper...  Just a nice "grunt" Mon Calamari soldier to help out old Kit Fisto.

Vehicles

-Republic Starfighter...  Come on, this needs done!  To-scale, poseable wings, retractable landing gear, and include the Republic Ground Crewman with maybe a refueling thingie with a hose that connects to a port on the fighter.  THAT would rock.  I'd take the ground crewman as a deluxe figure even though.

-Republic Starifghter 2...  If  I could post this thing's picture I would.  A chap at REbelscum was asking me what it looks like and I can't get it scanned. :(  It's in the Clone Wars Sketchbook, and is a hybrid Y-Wing off-shoot.  Looks like the cockpit with the nacels just stuck on the back.

I've dubbed this the "Koensayr Republic Interceptor" since it looks like it'd be in the family of the Y-Wing (looks like same designers made it) and its smaller size but still large duel engines mean it's gonna be fast.  I'd love to get this ship to-scale with a Republic pilot...  Not a Clone Pilot, but a unique Republic sentient pilot ala Lt. Faytonni's character or something.  If any of us can scan/post that ship I will just so you guys can see it.  It's a nice one! :)

-Republic Tank...  The "Jedi" hover-tank (due to its speed I think of it as a speeder more than a "tank") from the Clone Wars video game would rock.  I'd dig filling it with Clones though.  :)

-AT-XT...  The 2-legged walker from Clone Wars would also make a doozey of a toy for us to have some separatist forces blow apart. :)  I'd take a to-scale one with poseable legs and a full cockpit.

-Underwater Droid thing...  Whatever little scooter they're cruising on when they get to Mon Cal would be a neat addition.  Include a BD pilot and it'd just be great.

-New Speederbike...  I'd sooner see a smaller/to-scale one done, and one that's a lot more sturdy.  Include a clear stand like our esteemed Dave did with his speeders so it looks like it's hovering and add a slightly retooled Ultra articulated clone (Add a ball/socket joint at the hips as well) and he'd ride the thing perfectly, be posed right...  I'd buy those bikes en-masse I know.

So anyway, yeah, I'm liking Clone Wars a lot...  Enough to actually want all this oddball stuff, which I'm 99% sure most won't get done, but some of it would be nice, and it's fun to dream (Hey, can always put it on my "to-do" list for myself).  

Feel free to add to it what you want...  I'm thinking I'd take resculpts of all the Jedi in more articulated and more neutral poses with soft-goods, simply so I could pack them all into Jedi Fighters at some point. :)

So is anyone else loving the series enough to want this much junk and go broke?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What the heck do you want?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 06:58 PM »
Why must you always hit it right on the nose? ;)

I want...
Clone Artillery
AT-TE
AT-AT(Early CW version)

CIS artillery(as seen in chapter 3)
IG lancer droids
IG mine layer droid
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 07:02 PM »
hey jesse i'm guessing that you want all that stuff in the non-animated figures? and yeah, i'd pretty much buy everything off your list :)

but what about those animated figures? do you think they should make all the figures from the regular clone wars line into animated figures too? and what about the vehicles done in an animated way? would you buy those if they were different from the regular ones? i guess a better question could be, how could they make them different from the regular versions?

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 07:19 PM »
Why must you always hit it right on the nose? ;)

Seems to often be the case.  Yeah, what Jesse said!   ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 08:51 PM »
Jesse, I think you should run for President of the United States, because you speak well for the people.  :)  I agree with everything you mentioned.
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 11:38 PM »
Hey guys,

You're really too funny with the praise.   ;D  I needed the ego boost today, haha.

It's appreciated...  I just hope Hasbro takes heed and does some of the stuff we'd like to see.

For Dave, my answer would be a big negative to the animated stuff.

Not that I begrudge anyone else what they want mind you, but I just don't dig the animated stuff.  I'd even just as soon see the animated figures in a 4 or 6" scale instead of smaller...  The ships I'd rather be "movie-like" with a 100% true-scale accuracy and just a solid sculpt.  Features like moveable wings and working landing gear are the only "features" I'd really want.

I'm not an electronics or action feature kinda guy for ships.  Just proper sized which is within Hasbro's grasp, but they unfortunately skimp out on it often.  That Republic Fighter full-sized though would just be such an impressive toy...    ***drool***

Post your thoughts though on what you'd like guys...

I'm planning on throwing some ponchos on ultra clones when I get a good army of them going.  A silk-like piece of black cloth should lay limp enough on the figure to make it really look like it's hanging as well as soft-goods can be on a figure this scale.  I really liked those Clones in ponchos on a rainy planet!

I've thought about doing stuff like that for other army builders from the classic era, and it's neat seeing an "idea" I had translated over in an EU story...  Cool beans!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 10:58 AM »
Good stuff Jesse!  ;D

I'm going to repost my earlier Clone Wars dream list here, with some additions and modifications...

****FIGURES****

* Quarren seperatist infantry (Aquatic?)
* Mon Calamari starship officers (from the Republic comic)
* Planetary defense forces (there were some pretty cool soldiers in the last few issues of Star Wars: Republic)
* Clone Troopers in Cold-Weather Gear (Snow-Clones)
* Clone Troopers in Desert Gear
* Clone Troopers in Rain Gear (Ponchos)
* Recon Clone Troopers (similar to Biker Scouts)
* Super Poseable ARC Troopers with accessories (grapple, scanner, rocket launcher)
* Generic Republic Officers ala Faytonni
* Neimoidian Soldier
* Neimoidian Pilots
* Newer-looking assassin droid ala IG-88? (I remember when he was just a battered old chrome War Droid)
* Amanin Tribal Soldiers
* Dresselian Snipers & Commandos (with accessories i.e. mines, thermal detonators, etc.)
* Bothan Spies
* Generic Jedi (JJ's suggestion of a 3-pack sounds great)
* Aqualish soldiers
* Trandoshan Mercs (with 2 ladies to hang all over them)
* Battledroid (Good sculpt with STURDY PLASTIC. release new colors, accessories, etc.)

****VEHICLES****

* Republic Starfighter (as seen on the Clone Wars cartoon. Looks like an Imperial Shuttle, but with the dorsal wing rotating downward.
* Homing Spider Droid
* AT-TE (seriously need this thing)
* 2-Legged walker from the Clone Wars video game.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 06:08 PM »
Republic Outpost...something like the playsets of old...if done right it could really rock!Think about it we could have

Rotating turrets(large enough to fit two figures inside)
Open gun placements mounted on buildings and able to turn 360 degrees
Landing Feild has hoses and equiptment(like crates and tools)
Barracks with DC-15 Blaster rifles and clone equiptment
Mess hall
Command Area
Heavy Weapons yard(think platform to load troops into AT-TE/AT-AT)

What do you think,vague I know.

PS:Sorry for the spelling,its een a long day...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 07:05 PM »
Man, Jesse's list is perfect...

I'd really like to see some more realistic looking "soldiers", like... mud stains and stuff like that. You know what I mean? 21st Century style.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 09:32 PM »
Good Grief JJ!!! You want everything don't you...  ;D

-New Anakin...  I hate the CW Anakin sculpt...  I'd take a new one, with soft goods, more articulation, and a more neutral pose.  One that can fit easily in his fighter and will look good outside it too.

Yeah what is up with that, I just got Anakin's starfighter and could barely fit the figure in, I'd hate to see what kids would actually do with it.

To go along with the thread I'd like to see an IG-series Lancer Droid w/ Speeder Bike. That would be nice to see. By the by, the Republic Starfighter in question (the 3 winged fighter) is called the V-19 Torrent from what I have heard.

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 11:19 AM »
After last night's episode, I want lots of scuba clones.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 11:22 AM »
i agree there. fo sho!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Here's somne things I'd like to see:

-Mon Calamari (repaint of POTJ version)
-Clone Troopers in "scuba gear"
-San Hill species (repaint of screen scene version)
-IG-88 like droid
-Quarren (repaint of POTJ version)
-Battle Droid Sniper
-Bothan Spie
-Jedi (generic and popular)
-Super Battle Droid
-Destroyer Droid

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 01:49 PM »
i really want a clone trooper (scuba gear)!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 08:41 AM »
Jesse, I think you should run for President of the United States, because you speak well for the people.  :)  I agree with everything you mentioned.

Now, the true question is, is he a republican? (:

-Upon further thought of my CW Figure wants, I wouldnt mind a few more Jedi in more intense action poses...somthing that would truly grab ones attention in a battle scene.

-Battle damaged Clones, some with blasted action, and the same features for some droids!

-The new aticulated Clone Trooper painted in Rank, packaged with 3 other Clone Soldiers.

-A new Anakin Skywalker sculpt. Maybe somthing a little darker, or more intense if you will...sort of a hint of things to come, you know?

Kevin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:50 AM by Famine »
The picture kept, will remind me...