Author Topic: Am I the only one...?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Am I the only one...?
« on: December 18, 2003, 12:25 PM »
Who's been taking his Super Poseable Clone Trooper and putting all kinds of different weapons in his hands and envisioning all these different "Super Articulated" figures that should be holding them?

Like I gave him the long CT Stormtroooper rifle and he just looks great...  Then I gave him Dr. Evazan's pistol (From Bo Shek) and posed him holding it with 2 hands like the production photo of a stormtrooper they used in the Visual Dictionary.

Then I put a Rebel Assault Rifle in his hands and imagined Endor Soldiers and Hoth Rebels able to hold their rifles in all the different poses I put my clone into.

He even held small blasters like Han's pretty well, and in a believeable fashion (though his fingers are a little too open for some of the gun handles.

The best was putting the proper scaled Imperial E-11 Blaster from Cloud City Escape Chewbacca into his hands, and imagining stormtroopers holding that blaster the same way.

I really can't get over the fun this figure has given me. :)  And I don't even care for the prequals as much as classic characters.  I wish every figure I had was this much fun!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

Re: Am I the only one...?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 06:37 PM »
Nope, you're not!  ;) First thing I did was to go and grab all the accessories from the other clones (rifle, binoculars, gunship turret) and see how they worked out. Everything fits dandy!

This is certainly a high bar for future army builders. Hasbro's put themselves in the position where if they deliver a Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, or any other army builder without equal articulation, they'll never hear the end of it. It's a great thing for us, but probably a burdon for Hasbro, 'cause you know they don't really want to ever realease a definitive figure that limits their potential for rerelease later. I think the clone is the exception, since they can offer so many repaints for ranks, etc.

Geez, didn't mean to turn my comments negative - I really am praising the figure and its potential for future figs. Guess I just don't quite trust Hasbro to keep this standard up. They'd better prove my wrong, dammit! :)

J

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 08:19 PM »
I'm holding slight hope they are setting a high bar with this SA Clone personally.  Waiting to see some improved Soldier figures in this same style now.

The thing with the army builders though, is they can repeatedly release them...  Single characters they'd have more trouble with, but you kn ow if I got a Super artiuclated Han Solo for instance, I'd personally be excited for some "dynamic" looking Han's released at a later date...  And that definitive Han could always be recarded as the need was seen, like with their "Flight to Alderaan" repackaged figure.

Either way though, I do think they have an option  now to either keep the standard alive and wow us with all the army builder figures, or they can neglect others...  The articulation's great, and ball/sockets seem to disguise well on cloth/flesh as well as armored figures (Look at Bespin Duel LUke's knees for instance).  I think they really could just milk a single profit for repeated release and wind up making MORE over the long run really...

And like I said, I'd take a dynamicly posed version of the same super articulated character then and not be as critical since I had the definitive version for the army building and whatnot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 08:17 PM »
I've just got the one and I've put him through just about every pose imaginable.  I prefer him with the rifle, and I even gave him a lightsaber and a cloak and pretended he was Obi Wan for a while.  He's the goods.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 05:26 AM »
I've just got the one and I've put him through just about every pose imaginable.  I prefer him with the rifle, and I even gave him a lightsaber and a cloak and pretended he was Obi Wan for a while.  He's the goods.

This figure might be a great basis for a Clone Wars Obi-Wan in armor to go speederbike jousting, don't you think?  I actually thought that was a cool segment in the animated series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 3, 2004, 02:46 AM »
Hey Jessejames
Stuff a holo stormtroopers helmet with scupty or whatever. Stuff the helmet onto the peg, instant cool stormtrooper, I am going to play a couple of these to death but trying them in new poses, I hope that this is the way they continue making armybuilders......

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: January 3, 2004, 03:34 AM »
Yeah, I can't believe Hasbro didn't make a clone armor Obi while they had the chance.  Why make another E2 version?  And again in the animated line.  Sheesh.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Hey Jessejames
Stuff a holo stormtroopers helmet with scupty or whatever. Stuff the helmet onto the peg, instant cool stormtrooper, I am going to play a couple of these to death but trying them in new poses, I hope that this is the way they continue making armybuilders......

Hmmmm... great idea.

*Walking to pots and pans.