Author Topic: chewbacca?  (Read 4994 times)

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
chewbacca?
« on: June 2, 2003, 07:03 PM »
i have recently embarked on a collection focus of chewbacca, largely spurred on by recieving my cc chewie(thanks rob!), ihave won chewie 12" hard and chewie dejarik champion, but have yet to see a chewie mecanic advertised, is this a hard to find figure momc? also if anyone can help me out with value for modern chewies i would be grateful(so i dont end up paying too much ;D)

cheers

barfly

obi_robz

Re: chewbacca?
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003, 07:56 PM »
Hi Barfly,

I knew I was sending that Chewie to a good home  ;D

The last Chewbacca Mechanic went for just under 9 quid on eBay UK

The last time I was in forbidden planet, it was still 12.99. All the POTJ stuff is still over-priced, perhaps because the line never had a proper UK retail release.

r2dtoys have the Hoth Flash Back @ 8 and the Freeze Frame version @ 6

Galaxy Action figures have Chewie Mechanic @ 9, and here’s a list of their other Chewbacca stuff

Here’s a cheap FF on eBay UK

Don’t know if any of that helps...

:)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 11:04 PM »
You also might try the classifieds or the trading thread here. I too am a hopeless Chewbacca fanatic and collector and I recently have had very good luck finding some rare and very nice figures of him loose and carded (green crossbow Early Bird Chewie was my favorite so far. I have these in the works: signed David Prowse POTF2 Green Card, loose POTF2 Mynock Hunt Chewie and a Bootleg Turkish figure! I think I have 30 - 40 different Chewbaccas loose and carded (some are the same, but carded differently).

I have 2 mechanic Chewbaccas and need a Dejarik Champ (traded mine like an idot some time ago and have had a hard time finding him). I trade and do not do $$$ transactions, so that is part of what is holding me up. If you can score another Champ Chewie, I am happy to trade one of my Mechanics (although they are different serial #'s. Trying to be a completest seems hopeless at times).

POTJ is a very under-rated release. They were not out for very long and they had some very nice figures out for it (I mean 3 different Chewies!!! Mech, Champ and the 25th Anniversary figure). So they demand a little more, but I feel it's worth it. It's a small set of very nice figures. Some killer exclusive vehicles, 3 12" Bounty Hunters, a 300th figure Boba Fett... Good stuff. It is looking like the SAGA stuff for 2003 may rival it, but I feel that POTJ gave fans some hope after some so-so stuff in the EP1 line (until the final release at least).

I am a competitor here for the Chewbacca stuff, so best of luck and feel free to brag when you get something good!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003, 11:24 PM »
At least you guys are Chewbacca lovers and not Ewok lovers...  ;)
dustrho

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2003, 03:04 PM »
what about that figure that was released with the coin in 98? the same as the original potf2 one but a bit greyer, how hard to find is that?