Author Topic: Any of You "Work from Home"?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Any of You "Work from Home"?
« on: November 17, 2003, 12:18 PM »
I know sometimes with technology these days, many jobs have been allowed to be done from your home.  Recently, the company I work for has given some of us the opportunity to do that if we want to (since our work is done on the computer/through internet).  I was just curious if any of you do that, or have had that opportunity...and what your feelings on it were?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Any of You "Work from Home"?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 12:21 PM »
I don't but invision that I could...most of my stuff is on a computer too,a s long as I had the software and people called me at home I probably could

Plus then I could watch the Price is Right on my "break" :-*

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 10:16 PM »
Ooh, ooh me!

Basically, my work week consists of travelling out to a salvage yard or two once a week, meaning two trips, and loading up.

Then, I come home, clean the pieces up, and put them up on eBay. For the misinformed, I only sell high end electronics, and parts that would normally cost an arm and a leg by way of a dealership. If it has grease on it, I don't sell it.

It's alot of fun investing X amount of money into something, then watching it go up. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt. You have to scope out whats hot on eBay, then go find it in a yard near you.

I'm my own boss, set my own hours, and it's the easiest and most honest work I have ever had. I do get bored in my down time, though.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 10:45 PM »
I could easily work from home, but working for a large corporation means I have to commute over an hour one way.  They wouldn't allow it to us no matter what, even when 98% of my job involves sitting in front of a computer.
dustrho

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 05:00 PM »
Fortunately, I live within walking distance of my office. When I'm slammed with a deadline or if my kid is or I am sick, I can easily work from home.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 05:45 PM »
I do my freelance work from home. But as my regualr job I have to go in.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 06:12 PM »
I would kill to be able to do some of my work at home!  Even if it was just one day a week.  So much less stressful not having to be around the bosses, wear the stuff clothes, wonder if someone's going to catch you surfing the net, louder music, easier access to food (and the can), etc.

Unfortunately, I work at a bank, so I've got to show up pretty much 9 to 5 every day.   :(  Oh well.  Maybe in my next career!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 07:01 PM »
When I was a young Entreprenuer, I had a T-Shirt Air-Brushing buisness...so technicly, yes, I worked from home. I had buisness cards, and a buisness sign at my residence...it was great.

Kevin

Now theres this pesky thing called a life, that I managed to earn somehow, and now I work a minimum wage part time job. How I would stock shelves, and do register from home is beyond me, but if anyone figures out how, PM me.

The picture kept, will remind me...