Author Topic: Matrix Series 2 Figs  (Read 3401 times)

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
Matrix Series 2 Figs
« on: November 18, 2003, 09:29 AM »
Alright, I really didn't like Revolutions that much, and wasn't that impressed with Series 1.  However, Series 2 looks much, much better.

Especially the Deluxe Box sets.  These thing looks like they could be two of the best box sets I have seen from any line in quite some time.

Take a look..

http://www.spawn.com/features/matrix2/

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Matrix Series 2 Figs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 11:21 AM »
yes, the Niobe, Neo, Trinity is pretty sweet> :-\
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:59 PM »
Found these today at my local TRU. Real World Neo numbers too high, IMO. Plus he's lame.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 12:58 PM »
They had the Mcfarlane booth set up at city hall for the Heritage Classic game here. They had the figures on display except the Sentinal.

The A.P.U is one sweet set. Very big.

The guy at the booth said the Sentinal is very large & heavy.

I'll be getting both these deluxe sets!  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 01:24 PM »
Comic store here has the Sentinels.  If you haven't seen them, you'll be amazed at how small the box is.  The whole thing is in there and it weighs a ton, but the box was smaller than the Chateau box :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 01:34 PM »
Your kidding. Jammed into a smaller box! The guy at the both said it has a weight around 6 pounds.

The Power Loader is in a fair size box. It will look good with my Aliens Power Loader (model kit) & Reboot's Loader!  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 02:10 PM »
Nope, not kidding at all.  Unless there are two versions of it available, regular and mini-sentinel ;)  That weight sounds about right.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 02:36 PM »
I must have 2 Sentinals.  8)  Like to have more & do a diorama but me thinks I would need a gym for that!  :D

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 02:22 PM »
i am going to pick up the niobe, trinity, agent smith, and the neo "not real world", but yea.  when i see them i am going to get them.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 02:47 PM »
These are out in Canada.  Walmart had the regs (picked up a Smith) and TRU had the Sentinel for $34.99.  Heavy bugger that.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 02:59 PM »
I was at TRU this morning. No Sentinel.  >:(
Must check back again. Should be soon.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 02:52 PM »
The Sentinel is definitely a sweet piece.  Pretty big and impressive looking.  Definitely worlds beyond what N2 toys released.  The figures look nice, but I can't say that I'm as excited about this series as I was about Series 1.  Perhaps it's because I'm still a little bummed by Revolutions, even though I was expecting it to be a downer.

The A.P.U. is definitely on my list of things to get.  That thing is downright heroic!  And Mifune became one of my favorite characters of the series in the Dock Battle.  In the words of Keanu Reeves, "Whoa".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #12 on: December 1, 2003, 03:00 PM »
All of the basic figures showed up on shelves here very quickly, and I must have spotted them shortly after they were put out, because all of them looked to be straight out of the box.

I didn't buy any of them, but Niobe and Morpheus looked very good. The RW Neo also looked pretty good. Agent Smith and Neo didn't really impress me, and the Trinity figure looks pretty ugly (just my opinion  :-*).

McFarlane needs to make a dry clothes and neutral-ish posed Agent Smith.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2003, 04:40 PM »
I generally don't like McFarlane's "toys." Way too static for my tastes. The closest I came to caving in was the Shrek line of small figure sets. Those looked good and I regret not getting them when I had the chance.

I thought he hooked me temporarily with the last Aliens wave. Nice stuph there. The Matrix figures are sweet looking statues, but not my cup of tea when it comes to toys. I figured I'd pass on the entire line with ease.

Then I saw the Sentinel at TRU last week. WTF. Yes, it's THAT heavy. I was looking for an N2 version on clearance to add to my droid collection. Now that this is out, I might stop looking.

Then there's that APU. God help my MasterCard if I see that in person. It's gorgeous.

Not that my wallet is complaining, but why can't Toddy do EVERY toy with this kind of articulation? If he ever decides to do a 3 3/4" line as poseable as most Star Wars figures, I am screwed.
Post sober.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 10:43 AM »
What the hell?

I found the APU at TRU yesterday. Shockingly enough, I didn't get it. It looks awesome, BUT... what's with the scale?

Unless my eyes deceive me, it's too small to fit in with the 6" figures, and it's too big for my 3 3/4" figures. Did Todd decide to make this at some arbitrary 5" scale that doesn't fit in with ANY of the sc-fi toys out there?

Again, the thing is HUGE, and far lighter than the Sentinel, but the scale is bugging me. What was he thinking?
Post sober.