Author Topic: K*B Toys.com / Shuttle just marked down to $59.99!  (Read 12273 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
K*B Toys.com / Shuttle just marked down to $59.99!
« on: November 18, 2003, 10:17 AM »
I just noticed they have the following items on sale:

Shuttle marked down to $69.99
Gamo Gaurd for $14.99
Tie Fighter for $14.99

Free shipping with orders of $99.99.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: December 8, 2003, 07:56 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: K*B Toys.com
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 12:09 PM »
Dammit.  That figures...   ::)

Brent's gonna be thrilled when he sees this, considering I just sent him a Shuttle last week.   >:(

Sorry B.   :'(

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 12:32 PM »
JediMac,

E-mail their customer service with your receipt number!  You might be surprised, Brent may get $30 back.

-Fish-

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2003, 01:49 PM »
KB is very dry for Star Wars right now i noticed. :-\
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2003, 02:10 PM »
KB is very dry for Star Wars right now i noticed. :-\

I surprisingly stumbled upon all of the new Ultra figures at our local KB in the mall on Saturday night.  Only new stuff they had, and at their usually inflated price of course ($12), but it's a start at least!

Aside from their exclusive Tie Fighter, these were probably the first new Star Wars items I've bought there since right after the Ep. 2 release - over a year and a half.  KB has sucked, and sucked bad, ever since then.

Their $1.99 clearance on Saga figures a few months ago was pretty cool though, but didn't come close to alleviating their clogged pegs of the first 40 Saga figures from last year...   ::)
« Last Edit: December 8, 2003, 02:12 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2003, 02:23 PM »
really that is a first i hear of new SW showing up, the last new Star Wars item i saw at KB was Barriss Offee, and then before that was the Destroyer Droid & Yoda (High Council), but i guess they are starting to get inventory back to normal,.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: K*B Toys.com / Shuttle just marked down to $59.99!
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2003, 07:59 PM »
I just noticed the Shuttle has been marked down now to $59.99 and you can use the code:

SEARSKBTOY for an additional $10 off!

Free shipping on orders of $75 as well!

They also have the exclusive 12 inch Gamo Guard for $9.99 as well.

And I just noticed the pulled the Rebel Blockade Runner out of the backroom after all this time for $134!

That shuttle now seems appealing.  Any one have one?  

I also picked up a Yoda and Anakin Value Pack today, and I have to agree with the fella's KB has been dry!  But these Value Packs are great since they have the Yellow and Blue Clone Trooper in a different stance then the Clone 3 Packs!

-Fish-
« Last Edit: December 8, 2003, 08:10 PM by FishEyedLouie »

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2003, 08:28 PM »
WOW. Considering I didn't feel totally ripped off at the FAO original price, this is an amazing, amazing deal. For that price it's worth it, plus some, I'd say.

I never had this toy when I was a kid, and to have it now, with great new paint apps and a correctly tinted cockpit visor, makes it a prize part of the whole collection.

J

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2003, 01:00 AM »
I just noticed the Shuttle has been marked down now to $59.99 and you can use the code:

SEARSKBTOY for an additional $10 off!

Awesome deal!  And some people said it would never go on clearance.....   :) :-*
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: December 9, 2003, 01:20 AM »
Hey Matt said that, man FG, you have some memory!

I'm in the camp that thought the $150 was reasonable, but the lower it gets the more I gets pissed off :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2003, 01:36 AM »
...And some people said it would never go on clearance.....   :) :-*

Who, me?!  Nah, I couldn't have been that off the mark now, could I have...?   :P

From me over at RS long ago on 8/22/02...
Well, I'm of the opinion that when something is potentially going to be produced in such limited quantities, you better jump on it (if you're even remotely interested) while you've got the chance (dare I say Toyfair Vader, from which many of us have learned). Even though this is a large and expensive ship, I'm sure there's more than enough collectors plus scalpers who will be willing to shell out the $125 for it. This puppy ain't goin' on clearance.

::)  I have to wonder though, if more than 5,000 of these Shuttles wound up getting made, which is what my comment there was based on, along with the fact that it was supposed to be exclusive to FAO who rarely ever marks stuff down...

I'm with Scott though, I was willing to take the risk and pay FAO's full price regardless, just to insure that I didn't run the possible risk of missing out on this beautiful ship.  But yeah, it's a little painful to see it at a whopping 50% off now!   :o  Especially when I bought another one for that price to ship up to Morgbug (got your $30 refund BTW Brent - I'll send you the difference soon!  :-*).  So he's getting one for a lot cheaper than I did...   :-\

Oh well!  Teaches me for actually believing the BS that Hasbro was spewing about this being an FAO exclusive, and possibly only being limited to 5,000 pieces.  I do believe that the FAOs sold out of these things though, unless I'm mistaken.  I sure never saw any left at the several FAOs that I've been to in the past year...  Think they'll take a year old return?   :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: December 9, 2003, 02:36 AM »
If I had room I'd be all over this thing.  I just don't have room for one more thing.  The doors are bursting at the seams with toys!   :o

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #12 on: December 9, 2003, 03:51 AM »
I'm really going to have to pull some strings this Christmas to get me one of these beauties. I've been wanting this damn thing for forever and even saved up the $100 for it back before I got laid off...

:o

System overload if I find one of these under my Christmas tree, though I'm pretty sure my mom is not that cool.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 9, 2003, 11:23 AM »
This thing is finally within the realm of sanity for me to consider purchasing it.  It comes at a rather bad time for me personally though as I really won't have the justification to spend $60 for myself when I need to start X-Mas shopping for other people.  Gosh darn it!  At least I have my yellowing vintage shuttle.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: December 9, 2003, 12:21 PM »
Damn. If they'd have marked this down a few weeks ago I'd have jumped on it. Can't do it now with all this damn Christmas shopping I have yet to start.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk