Author Topic: Yavin Wave  (Read 22957 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Yavin Wave
« Reply #30 on: February 4, 2004, 11:53 PM »
Yeah, I have yet to see the Tatooine wave, or Palace wave.  However, my local Target has absolutely zero Saga figures, so I'm guessing when they finally get somthing in, it will be new.

It's so refreshing to see whole waves of figures that are done well, and that I've wanted forever!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 5, 2004, 09:41 AM »
Yeah, it has been a great year for collecting so far.  All the figures have been done very well, Hasbro is doing many of the ones various fans have been asking for, and they are being found at an unusually fast pace (at least by some).  Just when I thought I was caught up for the most part, the Jabba's Palace wave, Ultra Wave 2, and now the Yavin wave all get spotted within a week or so.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 5, 2004, 10:29 AM »
Great Googoly Moogoly, they're out!

GAH!

Man, that makes 15 new basic figures in the first two months of 04, along with 5 deluxe figures!

I only have half the Jabba's Palace basic wave, now I gotta worry about another wave and the Ultra wave 2 too?

Whew!  

I wasn't very excited for Toy Fair, because I figured that we had already seen most of what they were gonna show, but with only 6 figures yet to come (Endor wave and BH wave) I guess Toy Fair will have more to reveal than I originally thought!

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Damnit!I'm down Luke Jedi,Jabbas Palace,Ultra 2,and now Yavin?! :o
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

SilverZ

« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2004, 04:12 AM »
Now carded pics of Bossk and Dengar, along with loose shots of the Endor wave are up at GH, meaning these are close to hitting! Talk about being run ragged lately.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 6, 2004, 05:03 AM »
Just think though...  It means more more more more more for the rest of the year.

Those uber long rumor lists don't look so improbable now.

I'm curious to see how Toy Fair and Hasbro's private show (Should they do one again) pan out.  What surprises could be in store for later in the year?

Or are we just gonna see what's churning now, and on upcoming confirmed lists be reshipped?  It's a long year...  And the way they're pumping new (and great) stuff to us, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a LOT of great figures given to us this year that we've not got a clue on yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Fingers crossed you're right...I'll take the trade off of difficulty tracking them down to such a robust assortment for the year. Hopefully we'll get to see the momentum keep up. I like how many fan-oriented figures we've seen already that I would have never believed we'd get. Hell, I'd award 2004 as the best OT year ever with just Gold Leader, Madine, Jedi Luke, R1, Reiken, and Dengar. And to think we have so much more coming...

But at this rate, Hasbro's going to need to do some refresh cases at some point in the year. With the Yavin wave already hitting, and in my area, stores still struggling to keep a Hoth Luke on the pegs, it's going to be tough. A case ratio like the Hall of Fame would make sense in a month or two, with just 1 of each of the more popular figures, would do nicely. Plus, they NEED to get the SA Clone onto a Saga cardback.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 6, 2004, 05:06 PM »
Has anyone found Elom/ Tanus Spijek with this wave???  He's in this case assortment instead of Jabba's Palace wave.

Beth

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 6, 2004, 07:16 PM »
I wish I could find this wave
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2004, 04:39 PM »
Tanus is shipping with this wave, so be on the lookout for him too

Here are some clear carded shots:

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2004, 06:44 PM »
Tanus is shipping with this wave, so be on the lookout for him too

Here are some clear carded shots:

Yeah, and guess what?  One to a case.  Hasbro is so F'ed up.  Why they did not put him in the Jabbas Palace wave is beyond any of our guesses.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2004, 07:29 PM »
He'll reship, I feel sure, so no worries really.

This wave overall rocks though.  Must have many multiples of all 4 figures!  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Here are some really nice high-res closeups of the loose figures (except Tanus and TIE Pilot), click on the small ones for the goodies!

SilverZ

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2004, 02:46 AM »
Geez, Gold Leader looks killer.  8) They F up Luke Xwing but nail this guy? Weird.

Glad to see Antilles has some good articulation.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2004, 09:13 AM »
It looks like the Antilles/Dodonna head swap will be a piece of cake which is great ;D