Author Topic: 5 Figures You Want But Don't Think They Will Ever Be Made  (Read 8637 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
5 Figures You Want But Don't Think They Will Ever Be Made
« on: November 19, 2003, 04:00 PM »
1. Ice Cream Maker Guy

How can they make Antilles, Dodonna, Dignitaries, Bespin Guards etc and say that Ice Cream Maker Guy is "getting too obscure"???

2. Celebration Amidala

One of the most beautiful gowns Padme wears in all of the prequels...I'd love to see this one made.  Unfortunately Hasbro is ignoring TPM

3.  Tonnika Sisters

We all have heard the BS, it is stupid.  Make these girls already

4.  Klaatu Jabba's Palace

This would be a great figure...cloth skin, cool and prominent background alien.  I just don't have much faith H will ever make one :-\

5. Wulf Yularen or General Tagge

For some reason I love this scene, it was cool that they gave us Motti, but the silent Yularen and the bald Tagge don't stand much of a chance.  It took forever just to get Ozzel for cripes sakes

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Figures You Want But Don't Think They Will Ever Be Made
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Here's my list.....

1)  Captain Needa.  For some reason, I just want this guy so Vader can choke him.  Strange.

2)  Rep Teers.  This is one of the hooded Gungans from the Otoh Gunga council room.  Yeah, more Gungans?  Right!

3)  TC-6.  This protocol droid didn't even really make it into "The Phantom Menace".  It's a vermillion/red protocol droid with gold trim.  I believe this droid made it into the Visual Dictinary, but that's it.  And frankly, I don't want to have to customize gold trim onto my R-3PO.

4)  Grey Leader.  I don't even know guys name, but he has lines in ROTJ, and a cool helmet.  

5)  Red 10.  He flies interference for Red Leader during his run down the Death Star exhaust port trench attack.  Sure enough, he gets taken out by Vader.  Does he get a figure?  NOOOOO!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 05:31 PM »
Here's my list:

1 - Capt. Gilad Pellaeon: would have looked great alongside Thrawn and Space Trooper.  Still a great character from the Thrawn Trilogy, but Hasbro has no plans to tap this EU for more figures...

2 - Talon Karrde: See above.  Again, would been great to go with Mara Jade figure, but alas it was not meant to be.

3 - Bothan:  Another EU, but they are at least mentioned in RotJ.  I'd like to see Hasbro's take on what a furry bothan actually looks like.  Make him smarmy Borsk Fey'lya from the New Republic.

4 - Chewie's Family: Malla, Itchy, Lumpy.  Until LF finally acknowledges it exists and puts out a DVD, these will NEVER be made. :(

5 - Yarna d'al' Gargan: Fat, six-breasted prostitute dancer = no chance in h-e-double hockey sticks...

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 05:33 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 05:46 PM »
A few months ago I would have said Wol Cabbashite, but who knows what to expect these days.

1. Gonk droid with headlamps from Echo Base.

2. The Imperial who says "Captain Needa, the ship no longer appears on our scopes". He looks like Scott Bakula.

3. Malikili's assistant.

4. The dead ewok.

5. Mawhonic.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 08:51 PM »
Biggs, Fixer, and Camie from the Tatooine cut-scene. I thought after we got Floppy Hat Luke we'd get them for sure, but, alas.

My hope rests in the scenes inclusion on the DVDs next year for H to get on board with some plastic support! :)

J

Offline sith lord

• Youngling
  • run,the ewoks are coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 08:56 PM »
1)moff jerjerrod. they seem to be making all the figures from the emperors arrival except for him so far and he was the commander of the second death star.                2)general tagge.                                                               3)chief bast tarkins right hand man.                                 4)tonnika sisters                                                               5)major derlin from hoth
a super star destroyer is no match for an a-wing.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 09:04 PM »
1. Sgt. Doallyn (ROTJ)

2. The Lumberjack Ewok (Caravan of Courage)

3. Yarna (ROTJ)

4. Princess Leia (ANH)

5. That Imp Officer that says, 'She'll DIE before she...' (ANH)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 09:05 PM »
1. hem dazon (arcona from cantina)
2. bom vimdim (advozse from cantina)
3. elis helrot (givin from cantina)
4. feltipern trevagg (gotal from cantina)
5. m'iiyoom onith (h'nemthe from cantina)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 09:57 PM »
1. hem dazon (arcona from cantina)
2. bom vimdim (advozse from cantina)
3. elis helrot (givin from cantina)
4. feltipern trevagg (gotal from cantina)
5. m'iiyoom onith (h'nemthe from cantina)

Ah, c'mon Dave...  Have a little faith man!  I'd bet you my entire collection that we'll at the very least see the first four figures on your list there, though H'nemthe is probably pretty iffy...  No doubt about about the rest though.  Hem Dazon is just about the biggest no-brainer left out there at this point...  Hasbro will make 'em, no worries!   :-*

I'd say that Yarna D'al'Gargan is a definite too! (however the hell you spell that)

Keep in mind, that Hasbro is making a freakin' Wol Cabbashite for cryin' out loud!!!   :o
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 11:33 PM »
I personally think that there isn't any character Hasbro won't at least consider, but to play along:

1) Dorme: Boring as boring can get, but I luvs her.

2) Padme Celebration Gown: If Hasbro cranks out two or three Padme's a year, maybe.

3) Swimming Obi Wan: Hasbro has something against good Obi Wan figs.

4) Rep Teers: Peg poison I'm sure, but cool.

5) Two part removable helmet Darth Vader: because it's apparently too hard to do.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 07:25 AM »

2. The Imperial who says "Captain Needa, the ship no longer appears on our scopes". He looks like Scott Bakula.

I've always believed that Imperial is Scott Bakula.  Looks wise, he's dead on, but I haven't actually heard 100% proof from a reputable source that it is the main man from classics like Quantum Leap and Necessary Roughness.  He would be on my list too, for some reason I think a figure of Scott Bakula would be cool.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Good topic Scott...  How often do we talk about the "I doubt they ever make that" figures instead of the same old same old we always are asking for!

My 5:
-New Rebel Fleet Trooper...  I just made mention of it in my reply about the Yavin Wave of figures...  I just am not too hopeful of this right now.  I wish for a truly "super articulate" and super accessorized figures, even an ultra-line figure with a collapsable look-out tower would be awesome.  It's just not something I'm thinking they'll cover and that the POTJ figure is it, and I found it disappointing to say the least.

-Hoth Rebel Soldier...  Having seen the latest one, I'm just dejected that we've gotten 3 of these footsoldiers and not ONE is up to the current line's standards.  I'd love to see a truly nice version of this footsoldier that played pretty prominently in Episode V.  Super articulation, removable helmet with a cloth scarf piece, working holster...  The works really.  It's not likely to ever happen, so it's on the customs to-do list for me.  I just would rather buy them en masse than make them en masse.

-General Veers with Removable armor/hat...  I just would be shocked if Hasbro went balls-to-the-wall and made a Veers whose chest/back armor popped off, had a removable war belt with pistol holster, a removable kepi hat, and a removable helmet (Ah hell even removable goggles).  I'd buy that figure in droves personally.  I'd not even care if Hasbro released the same figure's body with unique headsculpts (I'd like them to keep reusing the removable hat idea though, it's just neat).

-Ice Cream Maker Guy...  Not exactly one I'm DYING to get, but it'd be funny to see it and I'd not turn my nose to him either.  I just don't think Hasbro will ever bother.  I'd be surprised if they did.

-New Hoth Han Solo...  Not one the way I'd like anyway.  Great articulation, working holster, no action feature, soft-goods hood you can pull down, and a removable helmet are just very unlikely to ever happen.  Again, a "To do" figure for my customs projects someday, but not something I'll expect Hasbro to churn out...  Could be great, doubt it ever sees the light of day though.

I could probably think of others if given longer, but I just don't have the time right now.  I'm sure I'll add to this eventually though. :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 06:41 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 04:42 AM »
1. Tonnika Sisters
2. Yarna d' al' Gargan
3. Gen. Tagge
4. a carded Wedge
5.  The other Klaatu from Jabbas place

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2003, 08:46 PM »
I'd better stray away from EU, because there are probably about 50 I could come up with from there.  So, sticking to the movies:

- Tonnika Sisters
- Yarna, the fat dancer
- CZ Droid
- smuggler Lando
- Rebel Honor Guard

#6 - Cliegg Lars - MAKE HIM, BERU AND OWEN TOO HASBRO!

:P

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 02:29 PM »
The figures i wanna see are the following:

1. Tonnika Sisters
2. Queen Amidala (Return to Naboo)
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Naboo Swamp)
4. Darth Vader (Tie-Pilot)