Author Topic: New Saga ESB Tie Bomber.  (Read 4768 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
New Saga ESB Tie Bomber.
« on: January 13, 2003, 01:36 PM »
Just read on Rebelscum that the new Saga ESB Tie Bomber is hitting the stores in the US.
www.rebelscum.com

They are also starting to show up on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=3107497060

Same Tie Bomber as before but in a new package. Here's are some pic's of it.
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=581

Well I have the POTJ Tie Bomber & I am quite pleased with it. I also have this new version on it's way since I doubt it will be available in Canada.
I'm just a sucker for anything new. ;D

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 01:37 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:New Saga ESB Tie Bomber.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 03:15 AM »
Well, technically it's not exactly the same.  Same mold, but this one has a fair amount of weathering on it that's not on the POTJ version, along with a few added "blast" marks.  I'll be picking up another one to keep MIMB, and probably one more as well to keep loose, just due to the slightly different paint apps.  Yes, I'm a freak like that.  Please no flaming, thank you!   ;)

It's nice to see this vehicle getting refreshed out on the retail market again, as it was a pretty difficult find for many folks the first time around.  I know I never saw the POTJ version in stores - had to pick up a couple on the trading boards.

BTW, there's a store report in our forums here (the Indy section) of possibly finding these at a K-mart.  Is this still solely a WM exclusive?  Perhaps that was just a typo in that store report...  Anyone know for sure?

Offline Koda

• Youngling
  • Live to Collect
    • View Profile
    • Snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 04:45 PM »
Well went down to Washington State for a while today,  they have yet to appear there, maybe next trip. Chances of them showing up in Canada are slim and none :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 02:44 PM »
Picked up a new SAGA TIE Bobmer during the week.  It's definitely a different paint job.  Also, the SAGA box is larger than the POTJ one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 03:15 PM »
I am happy that it was rereleased. I never saw it at retail and it was one of the ships I wanted when I saw ESB. I have yet to see it in person but from what I have seen on the net I like it.

If anyone gets ahold of a couple at retail drop me a line I want one.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Saga ESB Tie Bomber
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 02:57 PM »
So I've now seen several different reports of these things being sold for a measely 10 bucks at Walmart.  Is this true for all store locations, or have a few people just gotten real lucky so far?  I'll definitely snag a couple if they're only $10 each!

Anyone else come across these yet?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 03:36 PM »
Just check the main page for all the gory $10 details!!!  I saw one last week, passed becuase I was in the middle of packing, I already have one and my wife would kill me...good luck to those still looking though.  They are out there.  I would guess the UPC is the same as last time so some Wal-Marts had them on Clearance last summer and haven't updated the computers yet

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Saga ESB Tie Bomber.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 06:48 PM »
Well, unfortunately this is on a store by store basis.  Right after I posted my question above, I got a tip from a buddy that a local Walmart had them, so I rushed over and snagged a couple.  I held my breath as the cashier rang them up, but was sadly disappointed to see $28.64 pop up for both of them.  Bummer!  Oh well...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2003, 01:25 AM »
$10.    

Lucky score.  ;)

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2003, 12:20 PM »
yeah i finally got to pick one up last week, but for the 28.64 price, wish i would of heard about the $10 tag i would of waited and did a little bit more searching for it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Saga ESB Tie Bomber.
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2003, 12:29 PM »
yeah i finally got to pick one up last week, but for the 28.64 price, wish i would of heard about the $10 tag i would of waited and did a little bit more searching for it.
Just hang on to your full price receipt max (you've got 3 months to return it).  Do a little more searching around, and if you happen to get lucky and find another one at $10, just buy it and return it on your original full price receipt.  Problem solved!

But I'm guessing most Walmarts will be catching on pretty soon, and updating the Bomber prices to the correct full price, rather than the old POTJ clearance price, so look fast!

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2003, 01:02 PM »
thanks, i will. ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 01:01 PM »
Well I just got my Tie Bomber today. Very nice.  :)
Now one set of bookends are complete.  ;D

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2003, 04:13 PM »
Well, I haven't seen one yet.  In fact, I haven't found any new Walmart exclusives since I moved from St. Louis to Long Island.   Either there is a densely populated Star Wars collector base here or (as I suspect) the distribution here is terrible.  Luckily, I found the POTJ version in St. Louis, so I'm not too worried about this, but I would like to at least see this version in person to make it MY decision to buy or pass on this one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2003, 06:49 PM »
obi-dad, there are more Star Wars collectors in the New York area than you can shake a stick at.  Persistance pays off!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback