Author Topic: Jurassic Park Toys  (Read 17540 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic Park Toys
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Mattel has the Jurassic World 2 licenses and some rough pics have leaked. 3 3/4" or 4" figures. Starlord on motorcycle...lol. An aquatic beast.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 01:47 PM »
I haven't bought any of the new Mattel stuff, but have read a lot of positive things about the line so I took a look at them at Target the other day. I have to say, it doesn't look too bad. The mega T-Rex in particular is really, really cool. I was tempted to at least pick that up, but I'm really trying to not buy any "other" lines outside of Star Wars (and some Marvel), and scale things down. It is cool to see a fun toyline like that out there though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:05 PM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 11:59 PM »
My Target blew through most of the first stock they got for launch. Some, like bigger dinosaurs and the Jeep have come back but they're still missing most of the $8-ish figures and small dino packs. I'm interested to see what happens after the movie opens.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 01:57 AM »
I kinda want the flatbed truck for an acid rain custom but have never seen it in a store.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 08:31 AM »
The truck is cool! Some of the vehicles have RC functionality too. I agree they did a good job with this launch, it's like 3 times the stuff they released for Solo.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Yeah, this is a good looking line, combining decent articulation with affordable pricing. All I've seen in person are the dinosaurs. I'd love to get some of the classic figures from JP1 to throw in with my Indiana Jones figures, but they're apparently exclusive to Target, and Target hasn't restocked anything outside the initial cases.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Yeah I just found out the classic, or "Legacy" line, of stuff from the first movie is Target exclusive. I guess I haven't looked close enough to see what is left, but I'm a little curious now. It does seem from online reports that things are selling pretty well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 1, 2018, 10:25 PM »
I was in TRU on Sunday and the JW toys were 50% off. They didn't have any dinosaurs left but they had the Gyrosphere Blast Vehicle for $15 and several of the Owen figs for $4. I picked up the truck and Owen w/ Blue.

When the truck was first shown at Toy Fair I thought it had an interior and I was going to pick one up for my Joe figs. I was disappointed when I found out what it actually does but for 50% off, picked it up. It's actually a really decent toy. The action feature works pretty well, the gyrosphere works and Owen fits in. Pretty happy with it.

Now I need one of the non-action feature Blue figs to go in the back.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2018, 10:58 PM »
Still never seen that flatbed truck in a store, ever.  Kind of a bummer as I’d like one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 6, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Hmmm so a pic of a playset is floating around on social media and it looks to connect to other sets.  It’s small and fairly simple, comes with a Dino.  Looks pretty cool, actually.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 11:38 PM »
I've never seen the flatbed truck either. I think the shelf tag at Target called it the Lights & Sounds Vehicle. They had the tag, but never got the truck. Or, if they did, they only got a couple and it was gone without me ever seeing it.

Apparently there's also a sub that I've never seen and didn't know about until I saw a review for it on YouTube a week or so ago. I guess there's a second wave of JW figs but all my Target has are Owen figs left. And I don't think Walmart had any of the human figs, just dinos. Mayb...Walmart is mostly worthless but they did get a cardboard end cap display of the battle damaged dinos and some of the larger dino figs. That's where I ended up getting a Blue. The deco on the bd figs was better than the others.

Not sure if it's the same playset but I've seen pics of one that comes with orange slime to look like lava flowing in. I haven't seen that in stores yet and don't know when/where it might pop up.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 01:07 AM »
I saw the sub and saw def Star Wars custom potential...  either as a ship of some sort or an under water vehicle too for like Clones or whatever.  The truck I saw today but $ is tight so I didn’t get it.  I do want that though.  It’s quite nice.  I’d like the other truck too really but it has a lot more work needed to make it better.  My acid rain dudes need some more conventional vehicles though!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 03:35 PM »
Walmarts around here recently clearanced out all their JW human figures, and I was able to pick up Owen, Zia, and the two mercenaries for $2 each. Not bad figures at all.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 07:49 PM »
A couple weeks ago, when Target had all the JW toys 20% off (and we had an extra coupon off our purchase), I broke and picked up the Super Colossal T-Rex for what ended up being around $33. Although I don't really have anywhere for this aside from standing on the floor, it really is a neat toy. It looks really good sculpting and paint-wise, and it seems to be a pretty solid toy as well. It would have been something I would have loved as a kid as well. Sort of tempted by some other things in that line, but I might have to stay away. Overall, a pretty well done toy line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 2, 2019, 07:48 PM »
It is a slippery slope, but I did end up picking up a couple of the JP Legacy figures at Target (Alan Grant and Muldoon), and the jeep as well. Have to say, just a fun toy line, and would be great for kiddos. The figures, while not Vintage Collection quality, are pretty good and kind of what I wish we would see in the Star Wars basic line.