Author Topic: The incompetence of the Empire  (Read 2513 times)

Offline darth hutch

• Youngling
  • there is no such that can beat the Hutch!!
    • View Profile
The incompetence of the Empire
« on: November 21, 2003, 03:53 AM »
Is it just me, or is there a lot of unintended humor in the OT? I watched the Trilogy again the other day and of course was awed by it all over again, but was laughing my kiester off in several scenes in which the Empire showed its incompetence-the first one being the scene in Star Wars at the beginning, where 3p0 and r2 escape in the pod and the Imperials notice the pod rocketing toward Tatooine-they let it go cause they detected no life signs aboard and conclude it was "a short circuit that caused the pod to launch" lol and here they were looking for the Death Stars plans, and it took Vader to point out that the plans could be aboard the pod (which, of course, they were). I found this incredibly cute-there were other DUHHH!! scenes I could name here but dont want to spend all night naming them-could anyone perhaps name a few scenes in the Trilogy (or in the prequels for that matter) they found amusing due to someones incompetence or whatever else?  ::)
The Ewoks must have been the Care Bears in disguise cause for the Empire to get beat by them indicates only one thing: the Care Bear Stare-that and a lot of pebbles.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The incompetence of the Empire
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 07:54 PM »
The Imperial troopers driving the AT-ST who decide to leave their relative protection of an armored vessel to rid themselves of their piggybackers.  

I mean, they didn't know a wookie was out there but still...  Shoot the Ewok in the face if he's that big a problem, and just stay within the "tank".  Ya don't get out in the middle of a fight though.

But yeah, the Empire makes some assenine maneuvers sometimes.  I like the flubs though.  Shows the imperfection of coordinating a large military body.  There's still some idgits in the ranks that can goof things up for ya.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Yeah, the ground battle on Endor was just sad. Really sad. You have all manners of blasters and a little, fuzzy Ewok has a stick. Who realistically should have won that one? ::) :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 09:17 AM by BobaShek »

Offline sith lord

• Youngling
  • run,the ewoks are coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 09:55 PM »
yeah,i think the empire should have invested in some eyeglasses for the troopers and maybe that would correct their double vision and then when they shot at something they could actually hit it. ::)
a super star destroyer is no match for an a-wing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 05:04 PM »
Incompetent?  Let's see...

ANH - the Stormtrooper who hits his head on the doorway in the Death Star

ESB - the Imperials only deactivating the Falcon's hyperdrive; why not just make it so the ship can't even leave the landing pad?

ROTJ - why only have ONE legion of the Emperor's best troops on Endor, why not have TEN legions?

:P