Author Topic: Rogue Squadron Members Names in OT  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Rogue Squadron Members Names in OT
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:03 PM »
What were the names of the Rogue Squadron Members that we know of during the OT era....

I know in ANH they were all designated "Red" but were they still the Rogues?  

I know the Books (the best series yet written) give us some new ones, but I really wanted to figure out who all was a Rogue between ANH (or shortly before) and Death Star II exploding...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Squadron Members Names in OT
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 11:38 PM »
check out this site:

red6

it has some pictures and names of the pilots. i'm not sure when they were given the name rogue squadron tho...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 12:49 AM »
I know in ANH they were all designated "Red" but were they still the Rogues?

Well, that depends who you talk to...

I'm not good with names, but I can direct you to sources.

First is the Rogue Squadron video game (PC and Nintendo 64).  This lays out the ORIGINAL missions of Rogue Squadron immediately following its formation after the battle of Yavin...  Luke and Wedge were members of course, but also Kasan Moore, a female Imperial pilot and defector was also a volunteer.  Hobbie is there as well...  

The Empire Strikes Back novel and radio dramas have the leader of Rogue Squadron I believe being assaulted and a majority of Rogue Squadron being killed prior to the Battle of Hoth.  Their names, I can't quite recall off-hand, but they were part of RS I guess...

Off-hand I can't recall pilot names from Rogue Leader or Rebel Strike, the other 2 installments in the video game, but I do recall a mission rescuing Tycho Selchu in Rebel Strike which I'm still in the midst of playing...  Whether he becomes a Rogue at THAT time I'm not sure.  He's supposedly at the Home One briefing in ROTJ though as a B-Winger in the background, so he may have been with another group at the time or volunteered to lead a separate group...  Hard to say.

There's a thread about this at Rebelscum too right now I believe, but it's not coming upw ith much better results I don't think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 09:43 AM »
Yeah, I went to Rebelscum after I posted the question and found the thread....oh well thanks for the help!