Author Topic: Shock and Awe  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Shock and Awe
« on: November 22, 2003, 03:01 PM »
Ever gone into a toy store, and seen some one litteraly CLEAN OUT the entire section, and product name of a certain thing?

Take for instance, a few weekends ago, I went to Crossgates Mall, to pick up a few SW items I had called in about.

I got in, and the whole 2 pegs of the toys I wanted were cleaned out. I found the fella I spoke to on the phone, and he said, some guy just came in and bought them all. Every single one. Doubles and all.

Take Tickle-Me Elmo too. I went to try and get one of those, for my baby sister, and wow...I was amazed at the behavior of some people in the toy isles. Couples were litteraly buying the un-purchased doll from one another.

Ever see anything that certainly made you amazed at how some people behave in stores, or odd customer habits?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Shock and Awe
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 06:16 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about! I haven't been to Albany in weeks! Stop hounding me!!
Post sober.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:36 PM »
Actually, I witness it regularly with NHL sportspicks.  The weirdest thing.  One retailer up here has apparently had them in, but there is no remaining evidence.  No peg warming Detroit Red Wings, nada.  Just sold the whole case.  Very odd.  Football is the same too with McFarlane because we get so few up here.  

SW is quite the rarity as well.  Hell, I go and clean them out when they bring that in, just so I can know what it's like to buy something without paying shipping charges.  It's like getting two or three figs for free.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2003, 01:12 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about! I haven't been to Albany in weeks! Stop hounding me!!

ROFL!

Ive tryed to stay away from albany when I shop. Ive been to delmar now and again for my star wars Fix. And thats where I shop for gifts for my fellow collectors.

I am afraid of the mall from december-febuary.

Its just too dangerous.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...