Author Topic: Tatooine Wave (Luke, R2 and R1)  (Read 20025 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Luke,R1-G4,R2-D2 Carded Pic
« Reply #60 on: December 1, 2003, 04:13 PM »
Looks pretty good actually

Yeah, you're right Scott!  Based on that shot (that I've never seen), it looks pretty close to the right heighth.  Doesn't look quite as tall in that picture, as it does when seen in the droid lineup in front of the Sandcrawler.  Cool!  Thanks for the info and anxiety relief bud...   :-*

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 2, 2003, 03:15 PM »
These 3 are certainly on my must have list with others of course.  Luke is just to awesome not to pick up.  Same for R1-G4.  I have to have R2-D2 with the drink tray.  It's mandatory!  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2003, 12:38 PM »
Just read a report that these were found in a Seattle area Target...keep those eyes peeled :-*

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New Hasbro Jabba Palace Announcement!!!
« Reply #63 on: February 7, 2004, 11:08 AM »
I'm a big Artoo fan, and this time, I was excited about seeing this new figure--which looks like it could very well be the best Artoo to date--unless, of course, the integrity of the dome and legs is compromised.   :D

(This one, in terms of scale and detail, kicks the crap out of the 1999 Holo Leia Artoo, which a lot of people think is the best Artoo out there.  In terms of articulation, it is, but it's vastly undersized, and the dome is awful.)

Sorry to bump an old thread here, guys, but I just wanted to say that I finally found the new Artoo (and Luke) yesterday (and R1-G4 a few days before), and after opening up the Artoo, it is most definitely the finest Artoo ever done in the 3 3/4" scale.  

Not even really talking about the bartending equipment (which I don't care for too much), but just as a clean, basic Artoo-Detoo figure, it rocks.  Great dome (with the only imperfection being the tiny pinhole in the top for the drink mixer), great paint job, no odd-looking "light-up eye port", and finally, an Artoo figure with the prototypical astromech body and legs that we first saw with the R2-Q5 figure three years ago.  Great looks, great functionality.  Pretty much the ultimate Artoo figure that looks great for display, no matter which movie diorama you put him in.

(And yes, it absolutely kicks the crap out of the Holo Leia Artoo from 1999--mostly in terms of looks and size.  The functionality/articulation is pretty much the same, but that Holo Artoo is waaaay off.  I think the people that think it's so great are probably people that have left it carded, and haven't opened it up to play with it/compare it to some of the other Artoo figures. . .)

Anyway, as a big Artoo fan, I'm very impressed with this new one.  Will I still buy any other new Artoo they come out with?  Sure, because like I said, I'm a big fan, but this is fantastic (nevermind that they should have done it two or three years ago).  

And yeah, like Jesse mentioned, I'd still like to see an Artoo like this sometime, that's all done up with all of the attachments (like the sensorscope and the tools, etc.--like the one from 1998) but even then, it wouldn't look as clean as this one does.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Tatooine Wave (Luke, R2 and R1)
« Reply #64 on: February 7, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Where are you guys finding these figures at? I've gone to Target and TRU and nada.   :-\
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: March 5, 2004, 12:27 PM »

Took some pics of this wave last night for some stuff we are working on here and I can't say enough how much I love this wave!  It really is one of the best ones to ever come out Hasbro in my mind.  I love R1-G4, Jedi Luke (except for his stoopid right hand) is great and the R2 is probably the best ever.  Great set of three figures, too bad they stopped the theme stuff in July :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #66 on: March 5, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Took some pics of this wave last night for some stuff we are working on here. . .

Pictures of Star Wars figures on a blue background--what an original concept.

::)

Yeah, that's right.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: March 5, 2004, 01:03 PM »
Glad you liked them!!! ::)