Author Topic: What's the difference between...  (Read 5725 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: What's the difference between...
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 03:06 PM »
So Matt (anyone of you), define "affordable" :P

I've followed the market price (on eBay) on and off for a long time, and I'm shooting for something $100 or less.  Preferably a good deal in the $80 - $95 range, just like Shawn's.  I'm not going to go for more than $100 though.  I'm patient enough to score a cheaper one.

Haven't made any efforts to really snag one though in about 6 months, so I really need to get my butt in gear and polish the loose collection off with the acquisition of this 18 year thorn in my side!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Well, my vast ::) six or so months of following Yakface (and Amanaman for that matter) on ebay says wait another six months, or until summer.  I'm still ticked.  Last summer I won an auction for a loose, complete Amanaman including the coin >:(  Reserve wasn't met, so he relisted.  I won at $52, I believe it sold for around $80 the following week.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 04:52 PM »
Matt, according to the Irwin Toys SW book the POTF coined Canadian version was released in Australia and parts of Europe.

That's what I figured.  Thanks for the confirmation Shawn.  Did those same two areas receive "regular" POTF figures throughout the POTF run as well, or was this Yak some kind of oddity there?  I'm pretty uninformed when it comes to the "foreign" stuff...

I'm not too sure what figures were released overseas on POTF cards, but 3 POTF figures were only released there. AT-AT Driver, Gammorean Guard, and Nikto. I think one of those 3 were also released in Canada.
Shawn

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 09:56 PM »
american potf yak came with his staff, tri logo did not.

yeah, that was my brain not working again...

obviously he was NOT released in the u.s. as we all know. i don't know where i get my delusions sometimes....