Author Topic: "How do you like your turkey and gravy?" On the rocks, for me, please.  (Read 12139 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
I saw these when I went to Target to pick up the DVD today.
Jones is a regular staple around here (they test market all sorts of weird flavors all over the place) but this box set wasn't appealing to me.

Pumpkin, yeah.
Cranberry...possibly.

But the rest?  Nah.
Got Clones?

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
i picked up the gift set the other day.  i think i am gonna give it to my brother for xmas.  hopefully he will share or at least try them.  i have been very curious if they really taste like turkey and grave etc or are just cream soda flavored or something.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: "How do you like your turkey and gravy?" On the rocks, for me, please.
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 04:00 AM »
There won't be any Turkey & Gravy soda pop this Thanksgiving, I'm afraid, but fear not:  Jew or Gentile, you'll still be able to guzzle down another important holiday dinner this year.

Jones Soda promises ham, tree, doughnut flavored beverages

SEATTLE (AP) — Jones Soda Co., a Seattle-based purveyor of offbeat fizzy water is selling holiday-themed limited-edition packs of sodas that include flavors such as ham and latkes.

The Christmas pack will feature such flavors as Sugar Plum, Christmas Tree, Egg Nog and Christmas Ham. The Hanukkah pack will have Jelly Doughnut, Apple Sauce, Chocolate Coins and Latkes sodas, the company said in a statement Friday.

It even will be kosher, the company says — including the ham.

The packs will go on sale Sunday, with a portion of the proceeds to be given to charity, the company said.

Jones' products feature original label art and frequently odd flavors. Last year's seasonal pack was Thanksgiving-themed, with Green Pea, Sweet Potato, Dinner Roll, Turkey and Gravy, and Antacid sodas.

For its contract to supply soda to Qwest Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks NFL football team, Jones came up with Perspiration, Dirt, Sports Cream and Natural Field Turf. The company — fortunately or unfortunately — prides itself on the accuracy of the taste.

Jones also makes more traditional flavors, including root beer, cherry and strawberry sodas.

This is gonna save me so much time in the kitchen this Christmas.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 09:43 AM »
looks like the Jewish pack has the potential to be a bit tastier than their usual fare. "Christmas Tree" flavor? sounds great...

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 09:45 AM »
and the ham-flavored soda. . .

look at you being all prophetic four years ago...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I am so intrigued and would love to try these
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 02:49 PM »
the thought of these things is always much better than the reality. whatever they use to make these things has a serious chemical aftertaste, no matter what the flavor is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 03:26 PM »
looks like the Jewish pack has the potential to be a bit tastier than their usual fare. "Christmas Tree" flavor? sounds great...

That pack does look pretty good, but do you know what would be even better, for our Jewish friends?  A Jones Soda Limited Edition Nine-Pack Gift Set, in the shape of a Hanukkah menorah.  If there's a better way to celebrate the rededication of the Temple after the successful Jewish revolt against the Seleucid monarchy, than by drinking a different unusually-flavored carbonated beverage, every night, for eight straight nights in December, I don't know what it is.

and the ham-flavored soda. . .

look at you being all prophetic four years ago...

Look at me, indeed.  Surely this means that the fish taco-flavored soda must be on the way?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:41 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 03:31 PM »
Look at me, indeed.  Surely this means that the fish taco-flavored soda must be on the way?

yes. surely.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Last Thanksgiving we tried the 5 pack...I seriously puked a little each and every time I took one of the non fruit flavors...they were the worst thing I've ever had in my life. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2007, 04:13 PM »
What you didn't like the Brussel Sprout Soda? ... *shudder* There was some dry heaving going on at my house when we tried that one. Easily one of the worst things I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. I'm somewhat excited for the new Christmas and Hanukkah flavors this year. I love me some Egg Nog, I wonder if I will feel the same about the soda though?
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 01:17 PM »
I see these in the store every year but have never actually pulled the trigger. This year would be as good a time as any to start.

I'm also curious what kind of mixed drinks you could get from these. Jelly doughnut and Kahlua? Ham and Southern Comfort? Christmas tree and vodka? They probably all fall under "good in theory and deadly in practice," but you never know.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:20 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 09:29 PM »
i know that their "Monster Mojito" flavor they make at Halloween is good as a mixer. i won't say for what kind of drink, though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2009, 01:32 AM »
Anyone catch Conan tonight?  THey made LaBamba drink a cup of Tofurkey and Gravy soda...he almost puked!  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:32 AM by Scott »