Author Topic: "How do you like your turkey and gravy?" On the rocks, for me, please.  (Read 12143 times)

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: "How do you like your turkey and gravy?" On the rocks, for me, please.
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Yeah, that was crazy.  I couldn't believe it when he gulped so much of it down at once.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex

J&D Foods, which specializes in bacon, has partnered with Jones Soda "to create a special-edition bacon-flavored drink just in time for the holidays." Because nothing says Merry Christmas like the taste of liquefied fried swine.

J&D Foods owner Justin Esch tells AOL News, "[Jones] knows soda. We know bacon. We were destined to merge our technologies for something big. We've already made bacon beauty products, bacon stationery and edible bacon products, so something drinkable was next." (The only way Esch can top this is by strapping on water skis, stapling a couple pounds of bacon to a life vest, and jumping over a bacon-flavored shark.) For just $10, you get two bottles of bacon-flavored soda, a bag of Cheddar BaconPop popcorn, a tube of bacon lip balm and a packet of brand-new bacon-flavored country gravy. And if you don't dig on swine, the company also sells a Tofurky and gravy soda.

"Once it hits your lips, it's so good!"

A parade of New Yorkers grimaced and retched after sips of the pig-inspired pop unveiled by Jones Soda Co. - or just at the sound of it.

"That tastes disgusting," griped Tyrone Wallace, 26, of Brooklyn. "It made me want to throw up."

Jones boasts that its bacon soda is vegetarian friendly and kosher. Those who tried it said it tastes like swill.

Half of more than 40 people approached refused the taste test outright.

"You are supposed to eat bacon not drink it," snapped Arlette Cepeda of the Bronx.

David Horowitz was among a brave handful of Orthodox Jews willing to sample the swine-flavored soda.

"My mother is rolling over at this one, but I will give it a try," said Horowitz, 46, who provided a running commentary as he guzzled.

"Tastes like beef or something. It's quite strong, and thick. Oh! And it is gross! Who would want that?"

At Peter Luger's steak house in Brooklyn, the reaction among meat-eaters was similar.

"As much as I love bacon, it just turns me off," said waiter Otto Quintus, 65.

After catching a whiff, bartender Jessie Bilotta turned away.

"Oh God, no! It smells like dog poop," Bilotta, 28, said. "I wouldn't drink that even if it had alcohol in it."

Seattle-based Jones Soda teamed up with J&D's Foods, the maker of bacon-flavored products such as Bacon Salt and Baconaisse, to produce the burgundy-colored beverage.

For months, a team of "flavor experts" worked to simulate the perfect bacon flavor without adding any real bacon.

The soda is being touted as part of a new cocktail, mixed with bourbon, an egg, cream, and soda water.

Bacon soda can be bought only online as part of a package that includes other bacon-related foods.

"Until now, it was impossible to guzzle your favorite breakfast meat, so this is a huge step for bacon lovers everywhere," said Jones Soda's Mike Spear.

At least one New Yorker agrees.

"It tastes just like it!" crowed Kci Rosado, a 16-year-old Bronx student. "That's amazing."

order here...

http://www.myjones.com/store/jones-bacon-soda-holiday-case.html

I love America.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
I'm running out of ideas for gag gifts for my company's Yankee Swap (previous years include a plunger with a hidden Home Depot gift card and a Snuggie), so this might be right up my alley.  Considering 85% of the gifts given are booze, it should be easy to trick some poor sap into thinking they're getting alcohol with it.  >:D
Common sense isn't so common