Community > JD Sports Forum!

Baseball Offseason 2003-2004

<< < (2/11) > >>

Darth Broem:
Big trade rumors indicating A-Rod to BoSox for Manny Ramirez.  I can't remember where Nomar may head.  LA Dodgers?  If indeed the BoSox land A-Rod that would be an amazing pickup.  

Mikey D:
It's just that - a rumour.  

Darth Broem:
That's true.

JediMAC:

--- Quote from: Darth Broem on December  8, 2003, 03:00 PM ---I can't remember where Nomar may head.  LA Dodgers?
--- End quote ---

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!   ;D

Yeah, we've been hearing the same trade talk out here.  Nomar's certainly a stud, but replacing him with A-Rod would still be a step up, and a definite statement (to the Yanks) that the Sox mean business...

Unfortunately, the Dodgers are currently up for sale as we speak, so I don't think the current owner can make too big a move without the prospective new owner's approval.  I think that's part of why they were trying to move Kevin Brown - to dump some salary and make the team more attractive/cheaper to purchase.  Hopefully the polish off the sale, and we can snag Garciaparra.  I'd love to see him in Dodger Blue!   8)

Jim:
Actually, L.A. and Anaheim were some teams I heard mentioned about Nomar.  Will it become a 3 way trade, if these Rodriguez rumours pan out?  I say spend the extra cake now, and eat it later.  Trade Manny, pick up Rodriguez and move Nomar to 2nd.  Or, do the Manny trade and get rid of Nomar for another top pitcher (Maddux anyone?).  I know i'm dreaming on that one, but I have a feeling that we may end up with two of the top three SS in baseball.  Costly? Sure, but I have a feeling that everyone in the front office is pretty sincere and want to deliver now instead of later. On a side note, that fat uckfay Wells was signed to the Yankees minor league system.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version