Author Topic: AE's Jabba's Dias Custom  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
AE's Jabba's Dias Custom
« on: November 29, 2003, 10:44 PM »
I completed work on this April 14th of 2002, and just now realized I hadn't posted the thread here at JediDefender.

The construction was pretty simple - used a bit of wood and constructed a box and sprayed with with textured trunk spray, added weathering with some model paint I had used on a HE-111 model shortly before... Found some leather sheeting and took a piece, tried to cut out a decent shape, and there you have it...

Eventually I found a nice pen-top that looks pretty close to Jabba's bubbler deal, and painted that brown.

The last little addition I made to the dias is a non-attatched grating that is supposed to look like the floor of the palace. It doesn't work well, but I like it.

The dias is lacking the head-pieces, among other smaller details, but I think the end result was fairly nice. It certainly adds a lot of flavor to my dio.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: AE's Jabba's Dias Custom
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 01:59 AM »
looks good, real nice... like you said, just add some head pieces - even if you just got some molds from the vintage one, they would work nicely with the right paint job. great stuff... this is one of the things that i've been meaning to do, one of the dioramas that i want to start working on. maybe now that i'm kinda getting back into customizing i'll actually start on it...  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 10:34 AM »
That looks awesome Brad!  Nicely done!   8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 11:02 PM »
I admire your creativity.

Also, Jabba looks like he's ready for a big bear hug. ;)

:P

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 07:52 PM »
Sweeet! Great work! Looking Good. ;D