Author Topic: Christmas Songs that Suck  (Read 25991 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Songs that Suck
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2004, 03:23 AM »
Ironically, the only X-Mas song that doesn’t suck is “Christmas Sucks” by Pete Murphy & Tommy Waits… although I must admit; I’m partial to Jack Skellington’s repertoire as well.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2004, 02:52 PM »
Can I nominate the following:

Everything redone by modern artists...this includes N*SYNC, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Destiny's Child etc etc

Stop playing that overproduced crapola ::)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2004, 03:51 PM »
I for one am sick of Christmas music! It's played everywhere now, including at school.
I am unfortunate enough sit right beside the sterio in my science class, meaning I've had it playing in my ear the whole time.
Worse yet, it's all the modern stuff! No instrumentals here, just synth pianos and guys singing like they've been castrated.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2004, 12:32 AM »
The only Christmas music I can tolerate anymore is stuff by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The shredding guitar really helps.

My mom totally loves Mannheim Steamroller too. I went to my parent's house this weekend, and sure enough, it was playing. Christmas Eve will be worse-- she's got a five-disc CD player, and five Mannheim discs. Unfortunate coincidence.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2004, 08:49 AM »
Every radio station & the stores here are playing X-Mas music.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 12:53 PM »
I've seen some folks list Snoopy Vs. Red Baron but I actually liked that song since I was little.  Never understood the lyrics till I actually sat and listened to it this year, but now I see how it pertains to X-mas...

It just took me forever to listen to it.

As a kid I just liked Snoopy flying around fighting someone... 

That "Whoopty Doo, and Dickory Dock" song still sucks, btw.  Absolutely friggin' terrible. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2004, 11:24 PM »
Jesse, you have NO TASTE in Christmas music if you think Snoopy is any good.  Good Grief :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2004, 11:46 PM »
Dude, you just don't know the power of Snoopy...

It's his dreams man, his dreams...  He dreams of fighting the red baron...  But in his dreams, the Red Baron expresses a desire for peace and good will to man on X-Mas because that's the right thing...

You see, that's deep stuff.  Very deep.

"Merry Christmas Mine Friend!" to you Scott, and may this hatred of Snoopy X-Mas subside in your heart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Sting: I Saw Three Ships. How many times do you have to say "On Christmas Day!".  Drives me 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Not sure if anyone has either of the "Now That's What I Call Christmas" 2-Disc Compiliations, one is a classic and the other contemporary

The "Classic" discs are great, really great containing most of the gems of the Yule season.  The contemporary has some less than stellar renditions including my favorite Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce singing Santa Claus is Comin' To Town ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2005, 09:52 AM »
A truly horrible song indeed Scott, and let me add this to the contemporary list of yule turds...

Can't think of what it's name is, but it's a song where this kid's buying his dying mother a pair of shoes.  First, I don't like songs that completely ruin Christmas happiness anyway.  It's a time to be happy, to enjoy life, not to depress yourself...  Second, it's so incredibly over the top.  They play it incessantly on the local station that's playing all X-Mas music right now and I hate this song...

I have NOT heard Snoopy Christmas yet this year and it's bugging me.  I love that song.  I've had to listen to my .mp3 of it but was hoping it'd be on the radio.  I know it's not a favorite and made this list but man I loves me some fighter pilot Snoopy.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #56 on: December 5, 2006, 02:26 PM »
let me add this to the contemporary list of yule turds...

Can't think of what it's name is, but it's a song where this kid's buying his dying mother a pair of shoes.  First, I don't like songs that completely ruin Christmas happiness anyway.  It's a time to be happy, to enjoy life, not to depress yourself...  Second, it's so incredibly over the top.  They play it incessantly on the local station that's playing all X-Mas music right now and I hate this song...

It's the imaginatively-titled "Christmas Shoes," and it's the very reason I'm bumping this thread.  I don't know what's worse:  the song itself, or all of the saps that fall all over themselves about it.

P.S. I still have a minor thing for Kirstie Alley.   :-\

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 5, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I hate ALL Christmas songs anyway when they're on my local radio stations right now. I don't want seasonal garb. Sometimes I wish certain other religious groups would protest to the extent of outlawing this too..just so I didn't have to hear it anymore. Nothing worse than constantly flipping through channels to get some real good non-christmassy crap music :P. OK, well there are other worse things but I won't mention them here. Ba-humbug

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 5, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Has anyone heard the Twisted Sister Christmas album? I hear it's good?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 5, 2006, 10:04 PM »
All of 'em.

They're okay on X-Mas Eve and Day though.  It stops there.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda