Author Topic: Gold Leader... Weirdest Figure I Ever Bought  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Gold Leader... Weirdest Figure I Ever Bought
« on: October 4, 2004, 12:36 AM »
I was at Target today looking for deals, and I walked out with only two purchases.  I picked up an extra Gold Leader as one of my buys...

This figure's messed up though, worse than any figure I've ever bought.

First, and I couldn't quite put my finger on this right away but I knew something was "off" on the face, is the fact that my Dutch is mimicing old "pink" from the wall.  He has no eyebrows painted on!

Very strange looking, but so subtle that I knew something was weird but I couldn't tell what...

Then I'm posing his legs and a piece of the knee joint (not the pin but where the leg molds to the pin) is broken and hinders the leg joint on his left leg.

Then, while fiddling with that, I notice his left thigh is a right thigh in reverse but with the proper left calf/foot. 

This is one goofy figure...  Sorta wish I hadn't opened him, but alas I'll take him to a local meeting for the old "show and tlel" and we can all admire this royal goof-up.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gold Leader... Weirdest Figure I Ever Bought
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 04:22 AM »
He has no eyebrows painted on!

Production error!  Go find one of those obsessive variant/error collectors and hook him up!  Actually, probably too late now that you yanked the bad boy outta his packaging...

But keep that in mind the next time you get an eyebrow-less figure Jess!   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 04:15 PM »
I have no qualms with people who dump an error or "variant" on Ebay myself.  It's the one area of scalping I see no shame in anyone taking up.  If someone's willing to go that route for a damaged good, then so be it.

Had I not pulled this one off the card, I'd have put him on Ebay as a "First time selling" kinda thing.  I've never put anything up for sale so I'd just get the experience in.  And hopefully make a buck off of this poor excuse for a figure.

Guy's got so much wrong with him...  He's not even great custom Fodder really because of his 2 right legs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2004, 09:42 AM »
What's wrong with two right legs?

???

Mom says I'm normal.