Author Topic: Don't you just hate 2 hour delays?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Don't you just hate 2 hour delays?
« on: December 4, 2003, 06:36 AM »
Well,its that time of the year again folks,the time when all the children get their hopes up that they won't go to school due to winter weather,but then,the ass munchers in your district give you a 2 hour delay.WTF?Heartless bastards,the rest of the county is off!What's the point of going to school at 10 in the morning?I'm still going to sit through the most uninteresting class of the day(ACP Language)and then the rest of the day is so bland and repetitive,Public Speaking,Science,Math,Art...my mood has cresendoed to this point ever since I saw the 2 hour delay.

So,have you ever had a two hour delay and if so,didn't you want to slap the superintendint?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Don't you just hate 2 hour delays?
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2003, 01:47 PM »
In my old school district, if the Principal could make it everyone could (in his mind).

Now, the principal who was there the majority of my time in school was pretty cool about things and would cancel if things looked pretty bad.  He never really did the 2-hour delay unless he was sure it was just a period of bad roads early.

At about my 10th grade year though, a new guy took over who lived right off a highway.  He actually lived on my road, but near an intersection with the main highway...  Which, of course, was always cleared first.  He rarely made delays or cancellations because he could get to the  building AOK...  He didn't seem to consider the thought of the kids who lived off Lover's Leap road, which is a scenic, cliffside, winding, backroad with the old post and steel cable guide-railings...  How's that for a heart-stopping trip as the half-drunk bus driver takes the road at 45mph...  

Fortunately for my  neice, that guy retired also and now they have a guy who lives far enough in the boonies himself to consider the backroad kid's safety.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2003, 02:18 PM »
Just ditch and go have some fun!  You do know how to forge your parents signature(s) by now, don't you?   :P

(not that I ever did that...  ;))

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2003, 03:40 PM »
LOL!
Ahhhh man,what a waste of a good day.Highlight of the day:seeing kids in my ''ACP'' class fumble through changing decimals to percents.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2003, 04:50 PM »
I never forged any names, I just left when I felt like it.

I remember getting In-School-Suspension so many times that I actually had a designated seat with my name on it (pencil lead graffiti, of course), and a little under 20 notches scraped into the desktop for every visit.

Not really proud about the whole deal, but I still think the idea of visiting my old junior highschool and finding a table with my notches in it would be cool.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2003, 10:10 PM »
Bunch of damn wussies.  Never, I repeat never in my 12 years of grade school was school ever, ever cancelled.  Unbelievable.  

I'm not kidding either.  Or sure, I can understand it if you're in Texas and get a snowstorm, ya wouldn't know what to do.  Or you're in the heartland and there's a Tornado warning or some such.  But snow where it snows?  Cold in the northern US or Canada?  Bah.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2003, 10:55 PM »
Hah.I see what you mean,but here in SC,snow is pretty uncommon,so even the slightest bit can close things down.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2003, 10:29 AM »
We had a big ice storm last February, which caused school to get closed down for a day. The day after, school was started at 10 a.m. (10:30 for Jr. High and High Schools). I had eaten a huge breakfast this morning, and what do they make us do as soon as we get to school? EAT LUNCH! I was too full from breakfast to eat anything, so I sat their and played with my Game Boy (which I smuggled into school ;)).

But I was also in a situation similar to Fatty's a few years ago. They canceled school for two hours while the rest of the area got the full day off.  >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2003, 12:46 PM »
Just ditch and go have some fun!  You do know how to forge your parents signature(s) by now, don't you?   :P

(not that I ever did that...  ;))

I tried that once in middle school and will never do it again.  My handwriting sucks.

As far as delays for school I wouldn't know what thats likew since I live in So  Cal all my life.  The only thing that came close to a snow fall was a day in middle school when it hailed a couple of inches and we found some by the gym and had a ice ball fight.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2003, 08:16 AM »
Thats certainly odd.On a related note,I sick today so schools off for me! :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Lightweights.

3 feet of snow. 2 inches of ice. Roads were horrible.

Superintendant refused to close.

We ended up leaving early.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...