Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104384 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51 AM »
I have my doubts on the four of them being Cylons as well.  Plus, they're hearing a song of contemporary Earth music - that some remember from childhood - which means Earth is either transmitting some sort of message to them (???) and also, BSG takes place significantly in the future of our Earth.

Oh, and Starbuck -  ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2007, 10:57 AM »
Yeah, it'd be a little anticlimatic if they introduced 4 of the final 5 in one episode... I mean the only time 4 were introduced at once was the mini-series that led to the show.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I must have that version of All Along the Watchtower they played at the end of the show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I imagine they will add it to the next soundtrack they do for the show, since that version was tailored specificly for the show.

Did anyone else notice that across part of what would be the usa, at the end of the show, looked like glaciers? It may have just been the great plains, but looked more like glaciers to me.

The song being also from earth also could mean one of the following...
The gods of the cylons was also a Bob Dylan fan or as stated previously either here or other boards, Bob Dylan is the god of the Cylons! (My girlfriends likes that idea...)

Another theory... with all these "possible" cylons popping up, the only actual member of the human race left is Helo....hehehe. (Dont actually beleive that but it would be funny!)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2007, 10:10 PM »
WOW
My thoughts on that episode
Kara is a new cylon model flying a captured viper and will try to lead them away from earth, I mean they looked pretty close in the final shots.
As for the other 4 , they could be cylons but I dont think they are, I think its more something that was done to them on new caprica as opposed to them being cylons, something they did to make the people go apart.
Baltars trial , hmm that was kinda expected I must say as for his followers, well they was all female and I wonder how long it will be before he's in bed with them all?? :)
I am gonna hate having to wait till next year for new eps but it finished on a high.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2007, 11:07 PM »
Wow! That was some episode. This was awesome... good to see Kara back.

But I think I'm going to go along with the sentiments here that Sam, Saul, Tyrol, and Roslin's aide were brainwashed on New Caprica. Otherwise, Hera isn't that special with Tyrol and Caly have Nicky... and Saul's been in the fleet for 40 years and fought in 2 Cylon wars! Some sleeper agent.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2007, 02:44 AM »
Here is a thought...

Perhaps the final five cylons exist outside of space/time. The obvious connection between the final five cylons and the priest of the "temple of five" are seperated by four thousand years. As the "messenger of god" six in Baltars head had said as well as the "Leoben" from Kara's vision (before her fiery demise), "This has happened before"
The final five may be different in that instead of just being limited to being downloaded to a cloned body, they may "reincarnate" into a new body. So in a sense they would still be Cylons, but something different.
Just a thought...

However there is one very big point that leads to the brainwashing theory being right...
Many of the characters who think they are Cylons have been exposed to Cylons who had the fatal disease.
Also on that note...why has Six not caught that disease yet? If the disease can live for four thousand years on a probe in space it should thrive on Galactica despite the humans being immune.
Before someone says "...but wait! those sick cylons were quarantined", remember that one was brought before Adama and others with a neck collar (AFTER they discovered humans were immune) The disease could have spread at that point...

Well enough of my ramblings for now...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2007, 05:27 AM »
Here's an idea, what if kara is to lee as six is to baltar?
Only they can see them??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2007, 06:26 AM »
That would makes sense as no one else mentions noticing a "bogey" on dradis (not sure if that is correct spelling)

Though I hope not.... to many people running arround with imaginary friends as it is in the show. Galactica needs less viper pilots and more psychiatric therapists...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Here is a thought...

Perhaps the final five cylons exist outside of space/time. The obvious connection between the final five cylons and the priest of the "temple of five" are seperated by four thousand years. As the "messenger of god" six in Baltars head had said as well as the "Leoben" from Kara's vision (before her fiery demise), "This has happened before"
The final five may be different in that instead of just being limited to being downloaded to a cloned body, they may "reincarnate" into a new body. So in a sense they would still be Cylons, but something different.
Just a thought...

Oh great...so what we're actually watching is the Matrix?  I hope you are not correct.

The reason I can't buy that they're cylons is that all of them spent quite a lot of time at that space station in the pilot and none of them got sick.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #280 on: April 2, 2007, 04:33 AM »
I must have that version of All Along the Watchtower they played at the end of the show.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/asrur8

It still has the auido from the show as it is pulled straight from it. It will be onthe soundtrack that will be released in Mid-August.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 2, 2007, 10:50 AM »
I noticed that Amazon is advertizing BSG Seasons 2/2.5 together in a set. I wonder if it's going to be the ones that are already out bundled together (no image on the page) or if it's going to be different altogether. But it seems like a $17 difference being them together than separately...

they also have Season 3 up for pre-order, too.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #282 on: April 2, 2007, 02:19 PM »
The set is just combined into new packaging so that it has one box. There is still the same number of disks and the content is still the same.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2007, 02:19 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 2, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Thanks, Ryan... I haven't bought any of Season 2 yet, so I think the combo will be the way to go.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #284 on: April 3, 2007, 03:39 AM »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/asrur8

It still has the auido from the show as it is pulled straight from it. It will be onthe soundtrack that will be released in Mid-August.

Thanks for putting that up for download! It saved me the hassle of running a cord across the room from the VCR to my computer and recording it...