Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104481 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #300 on: November 9, 2007, 02:25 PM »
I saw a 2 minute Razor flashback one day last week.  I was flipping channels and landed on Sci-Fi just as they were about to show it.  The teaser was definitely interesting and exciting to watch.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 9, 2007, 07:58 PM »
I watched episode 3 of the flashbacks 4 times today. Just awesome eye candy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2007, 03:10 AM »
That 3rd ep is freakin amazing, how good is it to see the 'old' designs in action and when Columbia goes wow!!
I so cant wait for this.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16 AM »
With one Flashback webisode left, I hope there's a nice payoff in the last couple of minutes. I'd like to see some emotional consequence for adama rather than him just getting his butt out of there.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I've seen a couple of the razor flashbacks, but cannot sit through the crapfest that is Flash Gordon to justify watching two minutes of coolness.  I'm going to look the all up online as soon as I summon the courage to navigate the labyrinth that is Scfi.com.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2007, 07:56 PM »
No need, Matt! Battlestar Galactica

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Cool!  Thanks, it's nice to see all of them at one time like that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:33 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Razor, what's the verdict?

For the most part, I thought it was high quality television. Found a few logic holes, particularly with the manual trigger on the nuke drama, but over all, entertaining.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2007, 10:51 AM »
I thought it was 2 hours of nice entertainment.  Lots of effects and action, and I liked seeing the original Cylon models and classic Raider in action.  What I didn't understand is who was the old man in pool and how come he knew the stuff he knew.  I must have missed something.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2007, 02:04 PM »
The guy in the pool was a hybrid that took a different form of "cylon evolution". They hinted that the other hybrids that control basestars see the universe in a different perspective than other cylons. Explaining some of the odd things they say possibly not just being random. This one appears to have the same way of divining with the gods like the one priestess on new caprica that showed D'anna Biers the vision. I beleive the hybrid on the one basestar gave Baltar a vision too, but would need to go back and watch the episode again (the one with the cylon killing plague from the beacon.)

As far as "this has happened before, and will happen again." I have read spoiler sites and pretty sure I know what it is, but not going to repeat what I read here.

The part I was jumping up and down for joy about was that the origional cylon centurions spoke!!! From the flashbacks I was concerned that they might not speak. (Just like the newer centurions do not speak.)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2007, 02:35 PM »
I thought it was well done.  I'm curious to see the unrated/extended version on DVD.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2007, 11:37 PM »
I thought Razor was pretty sweet.  Seeing the old Cylons and Raiders was easily the best part - they did an awesome job of bringing these back in.  Sounds like there is still a "Vintage" Cylon fleet still out there following this episode, right?  Curious to see if they do anything with this.  I'm also curious to figure out that hybrid's message and the hint's at what's to come for Starbuck!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2007, 06:40 AM »
I loved the transformation of Caine, that was such a good show, and the chick that played her did it so dam well.
Oh and I had a hunch about THAT side of Caine :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2007, 08:52 AM »

As far as "this has happened before, and will happen again." I have read spoiler sites and pretty sure I know what it is, but not going to repeat what I read here.

Looks like you might have to tell us. I have excellent intel that they'll never finish the series due to the strike. They just finished episode 13, production is shut down and the actors have been released. Since that info comes from the Admiral himself, it can't get much more accurate.  :'(

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48 PM »
 :'( ditto.