Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104460 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Didn't get to see Razor... wonder if I'll be able to find it somewhere online??

Sad if it's true about the "end" of BSG due to the strike. It's more than half way to the series finale and it'll be disappointing to not have closure.  :'(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02 PM »
Didn't get to see Razor... wonder if I'll be able to find it somewhere online??

Sad if it's true about the "end" of BSG due to the strike. It's more than half way to the series finale and it'll be disappointing to not have closure.  :'(

They were advertising the heck out of a special edition DVD of it all through the show, so you should be able to buy/rent it shortly if nothing else.  Wish I'd known you wanted it - I could have taped it for ya!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Wish you would've... but I've got no VCR.

Yeah, I know about the DVD, been seeing it on Amazon while searching for Season 3 to come out. I'm hesitant about buying it though. I'm sure if I do, they'll include it with season 3 or 4 (if it comes out).

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Never been taken with the serious, give me the original BSG and I'll be happy, I rememeber when I frst heard about this I was like cool there bringing back the Original Series just remade, not this load of garbage, to me they ruined a perfectly good show that could have been, hell even Richard Hatch had wrote the continuation of the Original BSG.

Its the same as the New Flash Gordon, however as this series has gone on it has become better, and it is truer to the serials than the flash gordon movie (which I loved), the only bit I didnt like was the Hawkmen dont have wings.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #319 on: December 5, 2007, 03:37 AM »
So did anyone else pick up Razor on DVD today? I watched it all the way through and as I expected there really weren't a whole lot of changes. They just added a few new scenes in and extended another one or two and didn't have the new version rated. I did really like what little they did add though. There was one FANTASTIC little flashback to Cain's past in there, I won't spoil it for those for those who haven't seen it yet, but I really felt it added a lot to her character and really helps to explain some of her actions and explore her psyche more. There was a really nice little scene with Kara and Kendra as they prepared for their mission, the two were comparing Cain and Starbuck's mother. I felt it really was a necessary scene to really start to hint at Kendra's desire for redemption, and portrayed a growing bond of mutual respect these two women showed for each other. Those were really the two added scenes that stood out as important to me. There was a scene on Kendra explaining her desire to move up in the fleet at beginning that I felt probably could have been left out but it didn't really hurt the story at all. Other than that it really didn't change too much. There were a few little differences here and there but nothing too major.

I figure it probably will be included in the Season 3 or 4 (if they ever get made) Dvd sets but i wanted to pick it up now anyways. I know Razor is going to be in the DVD player on a regular basis. :)

Oh yeah, did anyone catch the absolutely BREATHTAKING Season 4 promos that ran during Tin Man? I was blown away when I saw them. The visual effect was very well done, and the musical accompaniment they chose was perfect. I can't frakking wait until March.

Future (version 2)

Future

Edit: If the links don't work the promos are on SciFi pulse under Promos & Trailers in the BSG section.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2007, 03:41 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 1, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Anyone heard anything as to when this might be back ????
I miss my fix
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #321 on: February 2, 2008, 06:54 AM »
March from what I understand...
Season 3 final still haunts me. MUST see what happens next!!!

By the way, anyone wanting to hear the version of "all along the watchtower" from the episode WITHOUT the dialog, go here:
Bear McCreary - All Along The Watchtower
« Last Edit: February 2, 2008, 07:05 AM by Straxus »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 2, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I heard from a local JDer that in March they'll be showing recaps of Episode 3 and in April Season 4 will be out. I also saw April 4th as being the season premier on one website, though when I check Starlog, it says it returns in March.  :-\ Not much help, I'm afraid.

But, yeah, I miss my BSG fix, too. I've been watching season one and in the middle of season two. Still need to get Razor and season 3 in March.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 3, 2008, 09:14 AM »
So did anyone else pick up Razor on DVD today?

I picked it up on release day. I've watched it three times since then, and once with the commentary. The commentary is great and it's fascinating to learn that the Flashback motif wasn't figured out until during the editing process. The script and first cut were fairly linear.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 4, 2008, 09:41 PM »
April 4 was the date in EW.  10 episodes.  I am guessing there are another 10 after that - supposed to be a full season of 20.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 6, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I am guessing there are another 10 after that - supposed to be a full season of 20.

Negative. They got three of the final ten finished before the writers strike. Although the strike will most likely be over by Valentines day, they may never get to finish the last 7 episodes according to EJO. The Actors have been released and considering that half the cast is either Canadian or British, they could be contractually committed to other other projects. You can't finish the show without Lee, Baltar, Six, Tyrel, Helo and Sanders. :'(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 6, 2008, 11:49 PM »
So how the hell are they going to end the frackin' show?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 7, 2008, 06:11 AM »
Oh they better not !!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 7, 2008, 08:12 AM »
What is EJO?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 7, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Not what, who. Eddie James Olmos. According to him, they'll never finish.  :(

If they can indeed not finish via the remaining 7 episodes, I think the best we can hope for is another movie of the week.