Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104399 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #330 on: February 7, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Not what, who. Eddie James Olmos. According to him, they'll never finish.  :(

Ron Moore said essentially the same thing in his blog awhile back. Hopefully they will get to the final episodes at some point, even if it takes another year or two. It isn't looking too good though. :(
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 7, 2008, 10:54 AM »
The best show on earth and they might not finish it?? Frak! It's almost like there's no point in watching the season then.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 9, 2008, 09:17 AM »
The best show on earth and they might not finish it??

In reality, it's all about the Sci-Fi Channel, money trumps everything. They don't care how good, well received or rated a show is, if it's going to cost too much money, it's done. There's a lot of factors and potentially a lot of money out side of normal production costs in getting the show back up and running again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2008, 08:27 PM »
I can see it getting done on a direct to DVD format.  That seems to be how all Sci Fi series end their stories.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2008, 10:30 PM »
I can see it getting done on a direct to DVD format.  That seems to be how all Sci Fi series end their stories.

I don't think it really is as much of an issue of SciFi airing it or not. The actors are no longer under contract. With the publicity and acclaim all of them have recieved, they likely won't have problems finding other work. Then it is a matter of being able to get all of them at once. I'm still optimistic we will see the second half of the season at some point. I doubt any of the actors/crew are going to want to leave the story unfinished. I would hope that we at least see something by next Spring/Fall.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2008, 10:48 AM »
I'm still optimistic we will see the second half of the season at some point. I doubt any of the actors/crew are going to want to leave the story unfinished. I would hope that we at least see something by next Spring/Fall.

So say we all.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2008, 09:29 PM »
There is a decent bit of money at stake here.  The actors do get residuals I am sure, and BSG does well for Internet and DVD.  So, I remain hopeful. It would a total clusterfrak for them to leave the story unfinished.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I don't think it really is as much of an issue of SciFi airing it or not. The actors are no longer under contract. With the publicity and acclaim all of them have recieved, they likely won't have problems finding other work. Then it is a matter of being able to get all of them at once. I'm still optimistic we will see the second half of the season at some point. I doubt any of the actors/crew are going to want to leave the story unfinished. I would hope that we at least see something by next Spring/Fall.

I think they'll come back.  They also don't need to get everyone at the same time - depending on what needs to be filmed, they only have to get a few characters' schedules aligned and can just film things out of order.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2008, 09:24 AM »

I think they'll come back.  They also don't need to get everyone at the same time - depending on what needs to be filmed, they only have to get a few characters' schedules aligned and can just film things out of order.

You would think, but production doesn't work that way.

I'm not trying to be negative, believe me, BGS is one one my favorite shows made by one of my writing heroes and I want more than anything to see it finished. It's not impossible for the show to come back, but a lot of minor miracles have to fall in line. As soon as I hear anything on the positive side (which me and three of my buddies who also have contacts or work with/for the Sci-fi channel are checking into,) believe me, I'll get it posed ASAP.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Anton, I with you in regards to BSG. I really love the show and it's the one show that's capitvating for me on so many levels. Very few shows do that for me. I can't wait to hear some positive news from you that we'll get the green light for the rest of season 4. I'd hate to think of Galactica and the fleet just listing in space and no resolution on whether they get to Earth or what happens between the humans and the Cylons... and who the heck is the final Cylon.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I feel the same way.  BSG is definitely one of the few shows I follow.  I always tried to scheduled things around the Friday night time slot and then around the Sunday night time slot so I wouldn't miss the new episode.  Not very positive news at this point, but I hope they're able to finish the story.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2008, 11:52 PM »
IGN has an article suggesting production will ramp back up in March and they will finish shooting, but the second half of the season won;t air until Fall 2008 or 2009.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2008, 11:54 PM »
IGN has an article suggesting production will ramp back up in March and they will finish shooting, but the second half of the season won;t air until Fall 2008 or 2009.

Hmmn...sucks to have to wait longer, but I'd rather get the rest of the shows late than never!  Woohoo!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2008, 11:59 PM »

Here is the link. It certainly isn't set in stone yet, but it sounds like they may be heading in the right direction. Hopefully we will hear something concrete in the coming weeks.
"This is the way."

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2008, 12:07 AM »
It is the first bit of hopeful speculation I have seen.  To not have season 4 finish would have been like having GL decide to never film EPIII, but even worse since we at least had some idea of how it was going to end.